CE3 XL burnt hits - help - I've already tried...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocoabellaRSD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Texas
I need help with my CE3 XL. Getting burnt hits like crazy after refilling. Yes I filled it correctly. Filled upside down with a syringe. I made sure all the bubbles were removed from the syringe before filling the CE3. Filled the CE3
and started vaping. Get burnt hits, constant burnt hits. This is only my 2nd fill on this clearo! I removed the juice.
Then refilled it once again. Making sure not to introduce air into the CE3 as I filled it. Still get burnt hits.
I gently squeezed the CE3 at the bottom close to the battery threading (read on ECF that this will help the burnt hits).
That didn't help. I did dry vapes, not engaging the battery to prime the wick , then did a real vape , that did not help.
Still get burnt hits. I don't know what else to do. This is a new CE3 and I don't want to throw it out.
What can I do to fix this CE3 so it vapes correctly and stop these burnt hits? thanks

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
Don't fill completely. Just to below the wicks. Needs a bit of air, otherwise it will be vacuum locked and not wick.

If this started on the 2nd fill, the above is most likely the issue.

Another thing I do on all of them before I first fill, is take it apart to be sure the wick is not pulled far down into the cup such that a sharp bend is present, and is aligned correctly. After adjusting, then use a nail clipper to clip the wicks almost even with the holes.

Definetly worth fiddeling with to get it working correctly. When working correctly, they are a great, long lasting clearo.

Last edited:

Hibiscuits

Moved On
Jul 9, 2012
Bastrop, Texas
Don't fill completely. Just to below the wicks. Needs a bit of air, otherwise it will be vacuum locked and not wick.

Another thing I do on all of them before I first fill, is take it apart to be sure the wick is not pulled far down into the cup such that a sharp bend is present, and is aligned correctly. After adjusting, then use a nail clipper to clip the wicks almost even with the holes.

Definetly worth fiddeling with to get it working correctly. When working correctly, they are a great, long lasting clearo.

Just PM'd you after seeing your mention of a Boba's tweak on another thread. I'm not using Boba's, but my all day vape is still a thick juice. I have several juices that do just fine in the CE3, but the one I really want just won't work. I trimmed the wicks and the coil looks fine. Still dry :( If you can get Boba's to work it's worth my tinkering, lol. I have GV's Phoenix and DV's CE3's. The only difference I can tell in the two is the hole in the bottom is a little bigger in the Phoenix, but neither will take to my juice. Both perform the exact same with all others. I'm on a mission to get this to work!!

cocoabellaRSD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Texas
Thick juice, maybe? Too much VG? I use 2 in rotation with dekang e- juice and haven't had any problems so far. You shoul see a bubble coming out of openings with each 1-2 puffs.
P.s Like the dog . Very "human" looking.

ty for you reply Andy.
This is my second box of CE3's . I got some tips on how to fix the burnt hit problem. Worked on it yest and it
is vaping good now.
Took it apart trimmed the wicks, and re-assembled it. refilled it once again,squeezed the bottom to expel any lurking bubbles.
Then rocked the tube as per suggestions here. That seemed to help. The juice I am vaping was a 50/50 mix.

cocoabellaRSD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Texas

Big Screen
thanks for your reply.
I did all the above except to make sure the wick isn't pulled too far down into the cup.
I don't fill them all the way up (this is my 2nd box of CE3's).
Yesterday after getting some tips here, I took it apart, trimmed the wicks, refilled it, squeezed the tube, then
rocked it gently and it started vaping good again. Yeah.

What I don't get it why trim these wicks when they are already so incredibly short?
But it did seem to wick better so when I open the next one I will just go ahead and trim the wicks straight away before
filling it.
I haven't found a better vape than the CE3 when it vapes correctly. Love them !

cocoabellaRSD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Texas
Thick juice, maybe? Too much VG? I use 2 in rotation with dekang e- juice and haven't had any problems so far. You shoul see a bubble coming out of openings with each 1-2 puffs.
P.s Like the dog . Very "human" looking.

thx for the comment on my dog. she thinks she is human half the time . lol She a boxer-lab mix. She brings much joy into my life for sure.

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
PM to you cocoabella.

This is the modded tube: Photo0020.jpg

I need a camera!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread