Status
Not open for further replies.

fccwpe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Rosamond, CA
Probably asked before, but..........

I was wondering if everyone out there has to keep messing with the CE4 clearomizer to get a good draw. It will hit a few times well, but every 2 or 3 draws I have to twirl it and unscrew the cap to decrease pressure on the wicks to get the juice flowing again. Is that normal?

DurrtyMethodz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
New Mexico
from my experience with the CE4's, they do tend to give you a dry hit every now and then. What i do to prevent that is i tip it to the side every now and then ( think like holding it like a cigarette horizontally when vaping instead of vertically) just to make sure the wick stays saturated fully. normally this does not happen until the juice gets down to about half way. Also if you are using a VV mod, maybe you can lower the voltage just a bit too... idk.. just a suggestion :)

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I have not used the CE4 but do use the CE5 device which is very similar.

Swirling is common with top coil devices particularly if you use thick (high VG) juices. The juice has to wick up those LONG strings to the coil. Swirling helps that along.

I had not heard of the unscrewing the cap bit. I will have to try that.

benbritain

Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Ashland, WI
I have been using the CE 4 style lately (waiting for my CE5's). I have found that with some of the thicker juices, they don't wick fast enough for my vape tempo. I used a small curved hemostat to remove the little rubber cap that sits over the center post (empty the juice first). Then, using a scissors I cut very small slits in the cap. Haven't had a wicking problem since. Just be careful not to cut them to much or you risk flooding and leaking out the mouth piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread