Status
Not open for further replies.

AudreySchroder

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
www.V4L.com
Hey everyone, if you haven't heard yet, Mary Kay just celebrated FIVE years of vaping!! She agreed to an interview with me and here it is! CONGRATS AGAIN!! :thumbs:

Vaper Spotlight: Mary Kay

Mary Kay.jpg

Today we’re talking with Mary Kay who just celebrated her FIFTH year vaperversary! That means she’s been vaping for five whole years. Now that is certainly something to celebrate! I met Mary Kay on the world’s largest electronic cigarette forum ECF. When she posted that it was her vaperversary, I thought it would be fun to ask her a few questions about her vaping journey.

Audrey
: When did you start smoking?
Mary Kay: I started at 21 for the stupid reason that I couldn’t get my husband to quit!

Audrey
: Why did you decide to switch to vaping?
Mary Kay
: After 37 years, I saw my husband suffering from C.O.P.D. and my mother’s 3rd bout with cancer. I knew there had to be a better life for us.

Audrey
: How did you hear about ecigs?
Mary Kay: I saw an internet ad, I followed links and read up for weeks until I was sure it wasn’t a scam.

Audrey
: What is the first product you used?
Mary Kay: I can’t remember the brand but it was a cig-a-like, the size and color of a real cigarette. The juice was terrible. I gave it a shot but couldn’t do it, my husband took a couple puffs and turned green! I sent them back and tried a 901, that worked once I found decent E-Liquids.

Audrey: How/when did you hear about Vapor4Life?
Mary Kay: About the time I tried the 901′s 5 years ago I found ECF. I ordered a bit from quite a few vendors there and my favorite E-liquid was Pear from V4L. Steve was on the forum a lot back them and would use a large multicolored font. He was always telling me to try a passthrough with a carto. I told him I was happy with the 901′s except for the short battery life. He finally sent me a passthrough with pear carto’s! Can we say hooked?

Audrey
: What’s your favorite Vapor4Life vaping flavor?
Mary Kay: Now it’s Doc Popular, Smilin Special Menthol and Grape.

Audrey
: What’s your favorite Vapor4Life battery?
Mary Kay: I am using the extra large Dial-A-Volt.

Audrey
: What’s your typical set up?
Mary Kay: XL Dial-A-Volt ecig battery with small tanks and ming vase drip tips. I keep 3 filled with different flavors all day.

Audrey
: Do you vape in public?
Mary Kay: Sometimes, not often. I just don’t need to anymore. But I did years ago, always in places acceptable or at least discreetly. I do vape in the car on long rides.

Audrey
: What do you like most about vaping?
Mary Kay: For me it was always about hand to mouth. Vaping lets me continue that habit without the danger of smoking. I am also diabetic, vaping helps me avoid snacks. Since I am at 4 to 0 mg nicotine, It’s all about flavor now.

Audrey
: What questions do you get asked most about vaping?
Mary Kay:

• Why are you trading one addiction for another?
  • When are you going to quit?
  • What does it taste like?
  • Where do you get them?
  • Would that work for me..my grandfather..my husband?

Audrey
: What are some fun facts about yourself?
Mary Kay: I love audiobooks and DVD’s, Trying new food with my son and grandson (both chefs) and my 3 dogs.

Audrey
: Advice for people new to vaping?
Mary Kay: Vaping is not a magic cure, you have to want to make changes. You may have to try several products to find the one right for you. Don’t mistake a high nicotine e-liquid for a quick route to a vaping success. A good battery set up with a favorite flavor e-Liquid at a mid nicotine content can be a better solution. Do try to set aside cigarettes while you are beginning to vape. It will give you a better chance to get used to vapor rather then smoke. Set small goals, one day, one week ect. and celebrate them! Go to the new members area of ECF and help new people, you will find you are also helping yourself and making new friends!
Join ECF and Vapor 4 Life ecig forums! The information and support is the key to making vaping work. The friends and fun keep you coming back.

Audrey
: Anything you want to add?
Mary Kay: After 5 years being smoke free and now slowly lowering my e-liquid down to 0 nic I can say I am really happy. Thank you Steve for great products and wonderful friends.

Huge thanks to Mary Kay for being an awesome customer and doing this interview with us. Help me congratulate her on five years of vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread