Cell phone pass through?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc32

Feb 9, 2009
USA, New Jersey
has anyone made a mod that let's you use your cell phone battery to vape..for example a cable that goes from the cell phone and the other end attaches to the atomizer

I don't know the technicalities involved in this because I Know most cell phones/blackberries are designed to receive a charge, not give one

but judging by how long cell phone batteries last, I thinik it be a good idea to have that capabilitiy

Just a thought, i've seen some very creative things on here so I was wondering if anyone has taken a crack at that

Thanks

first2di3

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
Oklahoma
I have pondered that same question, however, I think rather than a cable that attaches to the charging port we would need a thin piece of plastic with metal contacts that would go between the battery contacts and the phone contacts...

That would allow the phone to function normally, but steal some power from the battery for our own evil intentions :evil:

pinto575

Dec 23, 2008
Albuquerque NM
I have a Motorola w175g that would be perfect for one its a tracfone that i couldn't get unlocked. but i could play games and look at the time while i get my fix that would be cool would a cell phone battery be able to push an atomizer. min is 3.7 volts but im not sure it it pushes enough. good idea it cant be much diffrent that the cordless phone mod. Damn im gonna have to buy some screwdrivers!!!

Laredo7mm

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
The 2000 mah li-poly I run can push 4 amps. Most li-polys are 1C - 2C batteries, meaning they can produce 1 times or two times the capacity of the battery. So a 1200 mah battery can put out a constant current of 2.4 amps if it is a 2C battery.

Higher drain batteries are available. I have seen them at over 20C. Thos are mostly for RC cars, planes, helicopters, etc and are a bit large to put into a mod.

Be carefull with using a battery of which you don't know the specs. The batteries need protection from over drain (both current and voltage) and over charge. If you pull one from your cell phone, the battery may be unprotected since the protection is in the electronics of the phone. Bad things can happen when using unprotected cells.

FRESH x913x

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Canon city, CO
has anyone made a mod that let's you use your cell phone battery to vape..for example a cable that goes from the cell phone and the other end attaches to the atomizer

I don't know the technicalities involved in this because I Know most cell phones/blackberries are designed to receive a charge, not give one

but judging by how long cell phone batteries last, I thinik it be a good idea to have that capabilitiy

Just a thought, i've seen some very creative things on here so I was wondering if anyone has taken a crack at that

Thanks

i know some nokia phones give out power. i had one that had a long plug in port on the bottom lined with copper(?) contacts. this phone had hidden menus and options and to reveal/open up those menus and options you would take a piece of wire and pretty much short circuit the phone to get them opened up.

so use a multimeter to find positive and negative, then buy a usb dongle for said phone, cut the usb part off again find positve an negative. wire up switch and atty and your good to go! assuming it puts out enough volts/amps of course:confused:

klum

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Northern California
Not really a passthrough, but there was one mod here that used a cell phone. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/14333-cell-phone-mod.html. I remember that there were some pics there, but now I don't see them. Actually, there's some towards the bottom, but they are of the connections, not the actual cell phone.

Edit: I found another one here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/13749-cell-phone-e-cig.html

kevin

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread