• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Central Florida or East Florida Meet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
Can't help but notice there are rather a lot of posters here that are based in the area.

From Cocoa to Port Canaveral, Orlando to Sanford in fact a load.

Now apart from a guy at work that I have just given an Ego and some juice I don't think I have even seen another vaper but I know you are out there and in numbers !

So was wondering if there were any regular meetings ? If not should we ?

Would love to swap out some juices or have a look at a Reo or VVPV or whatever you use. Maybe you want to actually see a ProVari before dropping nearly $200 well I can help there with both the ProVari and Mini.

Just thinking out loud.

Whatcha think ?

brian272465

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
florida
I'm not from orlando but I do live in ormond beach fl and would drive to a meet up if there was one. I went to my first e cig shop today in edgewater ljs esmoke it was pretty cool to talk to people in person about ecigs and have them understand what I was saying lol . They were talking about maybe having some sort of meet up for vapers in edgewater fl. If you haven't checked out there web site I would recomend you do they have a good selection at very good prices ljesmoke.com .

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
I am still trying to get to the big meet in early June but that is a special deal.

I am no doubt the same as many here having a young family and a job so something more local would be a better option.

Thinking is just a middle of a Sunday afternoon about 3'ish. There is a nice place I visit from time to time that has plenty of outside room so if 2 or 80 showed it wouldn't be an issue or need any particular planning. It is out in the wilds so can be a little red necky but hey I am English and have no issues all the times I have been there. Apart from that if I end up there on my own I will bring my binoculars and do a bit of birdwatching.

Let's say Sunday week around 3pm on the 28th at.........

Loughman Lake Lodge Airboat Adventures‎
1955 Hatbill Road
Mims, FL 32754

Shouldn't be more than 45 minutes to an hour away from most of us.

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
Will speak to them of course was going to today but been tied up.

It has a large covered outside porch so was thinking for a small gathering would be fine. Have vaped there but I am always outside so wouldn't present an issue.

Any other ideas would be welcome. That is just a hassle free place that you can let kids play and have pleasant scenery.

As regards sticky let's see how the response goes. If there are replies the thread will stay towards the top and in sight. If the area isn't ready for a local meet then it isn't ready.

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
I have spoken to the restaurant and there are no issues with this venue.

There is a caveat that they do not quite understand e-cigs and have asked that we refrain from vaping inside until they do and naturally not should there be people eating even when they do. The reason I chose this venue is that it is about the only place that I have found in the area that there is plenty of room for kids to run about outside and as said there are views that are a rarity in central Florida. There is a bar and restaurant however please do not expect ala carte, more Gator Tails.

They also spotted my mistake of saying the 28th of May it will be Sunday the 29th around 3pm.

To re-iterate the address is -

Loughman Lake Lodge Airboat Adventures‎
1955 Hatbill Road
Mims, FL 32754

Just off SR46.

Should you have any special needs please contact them on 321 268 2277.

Please reply here if you are coming along for two reasons. One if there are more than say 10 - 15 of us the restaurant have asked to be informed so they can bring in additional staff. Two let me know if I will be bringing my telescope to do some birdwatching instead.

Feel free to PM me questions.

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
I wonder if the owner of esmokeronline would be interested in hosting something small at his store. It is a really really small store, but it's got a really comfy couch. Found that out last week when I stopped by and had to wait my turn. He's got a small selection setup for tasting. Maybe something in the evening after normal business hours so customers aren't affected. Or inquire at an Ale House if they're cool with a group vaping in a corner ... tho I love their outdoor patio setups when it's not 10,000,000 degrees out, and have a feeling in the cooler seasons I will still sit out there. (I'm all for the idea of asking to vape in lots of places, but now that I'm breathing better, I wanna be outdoors more where I can enjoy the fresh air)

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
That was the advantage of my initial suggestion lots of space and air.

But hey I am easy.

Anyone going to Vapestock ?

I wish. Found out about it too late (Considering I only started vaping a month ago). Plus I just got done with Red Shirt Revelry Weekend ... and that drained my finances a good bit through most of June. But on a plus, I was at almost all of the outdoor pool parties, drinking it up pretty good, surrounded by a lot of smokers (One would think that someone from the ecig industry would represent at the expo there, but nooo. Gonna see if I can change that next year) ... and had nary a cigarette. A few desires occasionally. Every so often the smell of one would hit and trigger a memory just the right way ... but I had my eGo-C in my pocket loaded with some 24mg juice for most of the time. Tho I later backed down to a 16mg as the weekend progressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread