The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Central Florida/Orlando Meet, Saturday, November 7th, 3 PM

Discussion in 'Florida Vapors Club' started by Ivisi, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rocketvapor

rocketvapor Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 19, 2009
    Rockledge, FL
    Oh, rats! I just found out that the Penn State - Ohio State game is on this Saturday at 3:30 pm. I'm a PSU grad, and the PSU-OSU rivalry is a big one. And this year, PSU has been doing well, while OSU....not so much.

I just can't miss this game! I could set my DVR, but nothing beats seeing it live. But I really want to meet you all. I'll have to ponder this one............

2. Mary Kay

Mary Kay ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2009
    West Tampa Fl.
    Rocket! If I promise not to tell you the score?..nevermind, who am I kidding, I don't even know who's playing! LOL I detest sports!
    Shoot..I even had my greeting to you worked out! I was however worried that a lot of ladies with, as you put it, hippie hair..were going be offended!
    [​IMG]

3. rocketvapor

Jul 19, 2009
    Rockledge, FL
    No worries, MK! I get ribbed abput my hair all the time. If I were into Halloween, I already have my costume - a long cloak, with my hair combed down over my face. It reaches to my waist, so I think I could pull it off.........

Instant Cousin Itt (Addams Family)! Just add alcohol! Ha-ha!

I may still show up - I haven't decided yet. I'll probably make up my mind Saturday morning!

As for sports - PSU football is about all I care about. I sometimes watch the Super Bowl, just for the commercials, LOL!

4. Mary Kay

Apr 3, 2009
    West Tampa Fl.
    Hopefully I will get the chance to meet all of you soon!:D

[​IMG]

5. Mary Kay

Apr 3, 2009
    West Tampa Fl.
    Well, It was Ivisi, Catwoman, me and my husband! Where were the rest of you! Drat.
    But at least I got to meet Catwoman and see a little Chuck. She is very nice and I enjoyed talking to her!
    I also got to meet Ivisi's little girl..what a little cutie! Mike didn't fall asleepp..big points for him (he has to take a lot of pain meds and could fall asleep in a hurricane! And has):D
    We finished our shopping and won't have to go back to the mall any time soon.

6. rocketvapor

Jul 19, 2009
    Rockledge, FL
    Sorry I missed it - I had a million things to do this weekend, and then I decided to watch the game live instead. Well, I shoulda gone to the meet. Penn State got its collective ... reamed by Ohio State.

Hopefully, we can have these on a regular basis and I can make the next one.

MK - how did you like the Chuck? I'm thinking about getting one of those myself. I was going to get the PSU logo on it, but now, maybe not!

7. catwoman19

catwoman19 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2009
    Orlando
    Hi Mary Kay,

I really enjoyed meeting you and your hubby. Ivisi and I hung around until after 6PM just getting me caught up on things that I didn't know. I truely wish that more of our fellow Florida vapors had come, Ivisi mentioned that we should do a once a month meet and I agree. I had a grand time. Next time I will make sure to bring extra batts for my Chuckie.
    On another note, tell me again where you got your pipe?:):):):)

8. Mary Kay

Apr 3, 2009
    West Tampa Fl.
    I got mine at Eastmall, I believe they are the only ones to carry a manual. It's not sealed but since the button is placed high on the side of the stem of the bowl..that shouldn't be a problem. At least i have had none.
    jen reminded me I have seen a little Chuck before! But since everyone of them is different, it's hard to tell..lol Gotta love old age!
    Rocket, I seached that darn mall for a long haired lady..I didn't see any at all! Maybe next time I will get to meet you.
    I forgot to take a picture! I even had my camera with me..

9. youtubecommercial

youtubecommercial Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2009
    Florida
    I wanted to come so bad ... I will make the next meet :) Me and my Mom were planing on coming, so next month ... yeah :) Sorry we missed it :(

I should add .. I am raising my granddaughter that is challenged she has good days and bad days .. she has been having a bad day for about 3 days now .. we can't go anywhere when she is like this and there is no one that can control her but myself when she is this way .. I'm am truly sorry I missed the meet and am looking forward to the next one.

10. Mary Kay

Apr 3, 2009
    West Tampa Fl.
    Don't make me rent a bus to get you guys to the next one! I have a drivers permit and I am not afraid to use it!8-o

Ivisi, I have a plan...I saw a Patio right outside the hotel bar at the Florida mall. Let's find out if we can use it! That way we can have beverages of our choice..coffee from Starbucks or a stiffer something!

11. rocketvapor

Jul 19, 2009
    Rockledge, FL
    Please do! I hate driving into Orlando!

12. Mary Kay

Apr 3, 2009
    West Tampa Fl.
    Wouldn't you just take the beeline in? The mall is about a mile or so away from the OBT exit. You can see the giant pink hotel at the mall from the freeway.
    Looking for a bus..oddly they won't rent me one..I have never wrecked one of THOSE! What are all those gears for, I don't really need them do I? 3 pillows ought to be enough for me to see over the big ole hood.

13. rocketvapor

Jul 19, 2009
    Rockledge, FL
    Yeah, it's a fairly direct drive for me, but I still hate it! I can read a damn map, but I always seem to get lost every time I go near Orlando. Go figure....15 years as a navigator, and most days I can't find my ... with both hands.

14. Mary Kay

Apr 3, 2009
    West Tampa Fl.
    My theory of getting lost in Florida is: You will hit water or Georgia if you get lost! (That only works east of the panhandle!) There is no downside if you bring a bathing suit or want to hit the Varsity Hot dog place in Atlanta!

15. orlampagal

orlampagal Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 29, 2009
    United States
    Any meetups planned this weekend? I have nothing going on. Anyone who wants to meet up please let me know.

Lisa
    (Poinciana, Kissimmee or Polk County)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.