The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

"Centre for Drug Misuse Research" Survey

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by rico942, Aug 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rico942

rico942 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2013
    Carlsbad, CA
    Got the email from CASAA encouraging vapers to take this online survey called “Your Perceptions and Experiences of Using Electronic Cigarettes” ...

Kind of a long survey, but most of the questions seemed reasonably relevant, only a couple of them were awkward, couldn't really give the answer I wanted to on some multiple choice questions ...

This one was my favorite, a fill in the box comment:

Question:
    Please tell us any health harms and health benefits you know or believe can be caused by using e-cigarettes.*

Answer:
    Health benefits: reduced risk of cancer and increased resistance to colds and flu

Health harms: physical assault by hysterical anti-nicotine zealots

:D

• Like Like x 6
  2. sake1bs

sake1bs Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2015
    nyc
    filled out was longer then i expected lol but seems good to provide any positive light when possible

3. Oregon Linda

Oregon Linda Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    Salem, OR
    Wow, that was a long one. And I agree that some of the questions were asked in a way that really didn't have an answer that fit their multiple choice questions. Also, the questions that were asked told me that the researchers already believe that vaping is bad. Hopefully, the responses they get will open their minds a little bit.

4. roxynoodle

roxynoodle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Done. I got the email also and need to do the CTA.

5. DangVape

DangVape Full Member Verified Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Some Question of the survey

Hmm What if I'm the type that like to try every flavor in a shop and goes to every shop in town to try new flavor , That a LOT of flavor I don't remember the names of all of them :eek:

Also, It seem more geared toward disposable. Like

What do they mean by buying an e-cigarette? First no urge at all to buy disposable:confused:. And I don't rush in to buy a new RDA or RTA each time I see it in display in a shop, especially at the price B&M sell them for.
    This forum tho give me the urge to buy new gears. :evil:
    Do they talk about e-liquid. Then yes for new flavor I haven't tasted yet.

And They keep talking about what brand of e-cigarette. Brand of Liquid? Yea I have my favorite flavor but e-cigarette brand ??? Like I have a Lemo 2 I don't want to buy every e-cig atomiser version from eleaf on the contrary I want to try new stuff from different makers.

6. NoFumus

NoFumus Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 27, 2015
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    That's exactly what I told them in my final comments. There was one of the last questions, "Which one of the following statements is closest to your position when it comes to using e-cigarettes" which had response options like "I've heard it's bad, but I don't care." "It's risky, but worth it."

7. pennysmalls

pennysmalls Squonkmeister Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 26, 2013
    Indiana
    It was a long survey and some of the yes or no questions should have been multiple choice. I do think the preconceived notions of the researcher/s showed clearly in the questions asked but maybe our answers will teach them a thing or two. I described Reo's in great detail as well how they work and how to build RDA's, I wanted to show them the world of vaping may not be anything like they think it is. Also I explained that new vapers and battery safety were more of a worry for me than e liquid is.

• Like Like x 2
  8. NoFumus

NoFumus Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 27, 2015
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    When asked what advice I'd give a smoke who wanted to vape, I suggested they gather information on safety first from a source like ECF.

• Like Like x 1
  9. KentA

KentA Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2015
    Adirondack Mountains
    Two of the questions required that I answer with a number, & the survey would not accept my answer. I remember one asked how much would I'd pay in local currency for a single puff if vaping was illegal. I tried various digits & kept having to raise my bid until the answer was accepted & I could continue the survey.

It's good that CASAA is encouraging us to participate, because if only the "pro-cancer" crowd ( Wallace_Frampton [HASHTAG]#156[/HASHTAG] ) participates this research will be toxic.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Oregon Linda

Oregon Linda Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    Salem, OR
    That's really strange, Kent. I put 0 and it accepted my answer. Since I have adequate vape gear and a big order of nic coming for my freezer, I wouldn't need to pay anyone for a puff, if I even would.

11. KentA

KentA Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2015
    Adirondack Mountains
    I tried "0", "0.00", "$ 0", ".10", "$.10"... & couldn't move on. Another numbers question was similar. Maybe it 's in my computer if others could answer a simple question. I think I paid a frikin' dollar for a puff & noted the rape in my last comment.

12. Rabbit Slayer

Rabbit Slayer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 19, 2015
    Scottsdale, AZ
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.