Status
Not open for further replies.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Before I started using the Cera I put a meter on the atomizer and it started at 2.0 ohms then fluctuated between 1.8 and 1.6 ohms. The battery was 4.15 volts so everything looked good. TET says the atomizer takes a little time to break in so that was the plan. They also say you have to depress the switch then wait about 5 seconds before the atomizer starts producing vapor. That’s different but OK, here goes.

The spring on the switch is not difficult for me but my hand strength and coordination is good. While I have no problem operating it with one hand the switch could be a problem for someone with weaker hands, especially if you have to hold it down for 5 seconds before it starts to produce vapor.

As much as I hate to say it, the device does not produce the amount of vapor it should. Don’t misunderstand, it does produce vapor but I figure if a person is going to spend big bucks on a device it should perform better than just OK. Although the atomizer seems to get plenty hot enough, there just isn’t much vapor flowing through the mouthpiece. I removed the mouthpiece and stuck a Tru-Flow drip tip in the atomizer but I still didn’t get much vapor. The only time I really got a good amount of vapor is when the atomizer was almost dry. That vapor was really hot and burned the hell out of my throat. It put a whole new definition to throat hit! As soon as I put a drop of liquid back in the vapor production decreased. It’s like the atomizer is flooded with only one drop. When I remove the atomizer cover I can see the liquid bubbling and I can hear it sizzling but it just isn’t vaporizing.

I was patient hoping that it just needed some break in time but after playing with it for a few days it’s still not getting any better. The 2900 mAh battery went dead so I put it on the charger. It’s the only 18650 battery I have so I put a 17670 battery in it and it worked the same as the 18650. After the 17670 battery went dead I removed it and put in a pair of AW RCR123A LiFePO4 3.2v batteries. I wasn’t sure if they would burn up the atomizer but I decided to give it a try. It didn’t burn up the atomizer but the atomizer did get much hotter. Unfortunately it still didn’t produce any more vapor. Strange! I put the fully charged 18650 battery back in it and it works about the same as it did. It appears the atomizer will work with both 3.7 and 6 volt batteries. I don’t know if using 6 volt batteries will void the 1 year warranty on the atomizer but it doesn’t really matter because I’m putting my Cera on the “back burner” for now.

I have a contact at TET that was not a part of Apex Vapor and he replies to my emails. He told me they are working on a reservoir system that should increase the vapor production and provide a good liquid delivery system too. He says it will be available in a few weeks. I’ll be back, I hope.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
Thanks SloRyd for you honest reveiw.......Its about what I figured, the Cera was developed for the Herb crowd not E-liquid users........
TET what were you thinking....try out a HH357 if you want to know what a high performance atty is capable of....
Sounds like it kills batteries fast....An 18650 AW 2000mah IMR last me 1 1/2 days on my Provari...

Last edited:

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Thanks SloRyd for you honest reveiw.......Its about what I figured, the Cera was developed for the Herb crowd not E-liquid users........
TET what were you thinking....try out a HH357 if you want to know what a high performance atty is capable of....

The performance (or should I say lack of) really surprised me. I have an AVA LR on an Alpha Ultra with a 3.7v battery and it fills the room with vapor. I thought the Cera atomizer was supposed to be basically the same as an AVA. It looks the same inside but it certainly doesn't perform the same. We'll see how it works with the new reservoir system once I get one.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
You may have a bad core - I don't think it should fluctuate that much. It also should be much lower than 2.0 ohms or even 1.6 ohms. That might explain some of the poor performance.

Thanks for the info, I will send it to TET and wait for a response. I thought 1.6-1.8 ohms is what they're supposed to be because that's what the AVA LR are.

vaptamist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
FL
It was relayed on another forum - they supposedly bumped up the wattage on the e-liquid core to 16 watts just prior to release, which would be sub-1.0 ohms. So much weird information out there about it.... Ah well, I'm still enjoying mine. I got a special drip tip to use with it. I've found that to get good vapor production, you have to pull with your lungs and not your mouth. I'm normally a mouth inhaler so this is a change for me. The downside to pulling with your lungs is that it's easy to vacuum liquid out of the atomizer - the drip tip I got helps with this as there is no "straight" path out of the drip tip for the liquid to go into your mouth. The drip-tip has really helped with my enjoyment of the device.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
It was relayed on another forum - they supposedly bumped up the wattage on the e-liquid core to 16 watts just prior to release, which would be sub-1.0 ohms. So much weird information out there about it.... Ah well, I'm still enjoying mine. I got a special drip tip to use with it. I've found that to get good vapor production, you have to pull with your lungs and not your mouth. I'm normally a mouth inhaler so this is a change for me. The downside to pulling with your lungs is that it's easy to vacuum liquid out of the atomizer - the drip tip I got helps with this as there is no "straight" path out of the drip tip for the liquid to go into your mouth. The drip-tip has really helped with my enjoyment of the device.

I'm really glad to hear that you are enjoying your device because that's what it's all about. I've noticed that whenever I draw on mine really hard the flat side of the mouthpiece is covered with liquid. When I mentioned that I put a Tru-Flow drip tip in I failed to mention the mouthful of liquid I got so I know exactly what you're saying from experience.

I did ask TET why the AVA works so much better. They said it has a different internal air flow and they are addressing that with the Cera. I'll see what they come up with and go from there.

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida, USA
I have one of their first generation vapes. The thermovape t1, aluminum, stacked CR123's, 6V. When she works, she is a great vape. But, I have two, and I have issues. Mine uses the 510 AVA atomizer. That is a good thing. Expensive, but lasts. However, I heard that atomizer is no longer available. A slight fall, and my ceramic crumbles. Even from a knock-over on my desk. Supposedly, they are upgrading the ceramic. The ceramic res does help as a little backup, but essentially, you are pretty much dripping. It is a strictly mechanical vape. You would not think there wouldn't be so many problems. But, unfortunately, there are.

I don't know anything about their new model. But, given my experience with my vape, I do not want to invest in their new vape.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
I have one of their first generation vapes. The thermovape t1, aluminum, stacked CR123's, 6V. When she works, she is a great vape. But, I have two, and I have issues. Mine uses the 510 AVA atomizer. That is a good thing. Expensive, but lasts. However, I heard that atomizer is no longer available. A slight fall, and my ceramic crumbles. Even from a knock-over on my desk. Supposedly, they are upgrading the ceramic. The ceramic res does help as a little backup, but essentially, you are pretty much dripping. It is a strictly mechanical vape. You would not think there wouldn't be so many problems. But, unfortunately, there are.

I don't know anything about their new model. But, given my experience with my vape, I do not want to invest in their new vape.

Technically Apex Vapor and Thermo Essence Technologies (TET) are two different companies. TET was formed to sell a device from Apex Vapor that was very similar to the Alpha UltraMax. That device was not originally designed for the e-cigarette market.

You are correct that the Alpha / T1 had some design issues that needed to be addressed. The Cera incorporates many design changes. I personally like the new Cera over the Alpha. The redesigned switch is much better and should prove to be much more reliable. The larger battery compartment is an improvement. The zirconia ceramic body, in my opinion, is a vast improvement over the nickel plated aluminum Alpha. The massive size and weight is no problem for me. I prefer a solid device although I’m sure it’s not for everyone.

The Cera e-liquid model was supposed to have an atomizer with AVA components and a reservoir system that is similar to the Alpha RES, but with a redesigned porous ceramic chamber. The sample Cera I received did not have that atomizer system on it. While that atomizer & reservoir system has been designed, it has not been manufactured yet. I am anxiously waiting to receive one to test. I’m also anticipating an adapter with a 510 style thread will be available some day.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Thats what Im talking about........a 510 connection.....Cerea with a LR 510 HH357 atomizer, that would be sweet!

If TET can make an atomizer for the Cera that has the performance of an AVA with a reservoir made from a porous ceramic that won't break if you drop the device, and give it a one year warranty, that works for me. Although it would be nice to have the "option" to use other atomizers, all I need is just one that works. I really do like the idea of an atomizer & reservoir combo. If they can't make a "proprietary Cera" atomizer & reservoir that works then the only sensible option is to make an adapter with a 510 thread, and make their own version of the AVA. We'll see.

vdefazzio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Cooper City, Florida
I've experience exactly the same behaviour from my Cera, I started with the T1 body and AVA HR atomizer and loved that. I RMA'd my cera because of the excessive battery consumption and not getting a very good vape out of it. I've been emailing back and forth with Zeki and he confirmed that the Eliquid cart just hasn't been living up to expectations. So they have rebuilt mine and shipped it back to me yesterday so I hope to have it back in hand by Thursday. I'll let you know how it is once I get it back.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
I've experience exactly the same behaviour from my Cera, I started with the T1 body and AVA HR atomizer and loved that. I RMA'd my cera because of the excessive battery consumption and not getting a very good vape out of it. I've been emailing back and forth with Zeki and he confirmed that the Eliquid cart just hasn't been living up to expectations. So they have rebuilt mine and shipped it back to me yesterday so I hope to have it back in hand by Thursday. I'll let you know how it is once I get it back.

Did they tell you what was involved in rebuilding the atomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread