Not open for further replies.

absoluttalent

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Lombard, IL
So i went to VapeBash today, ended up picking up this new tank to try out
20160417_004807.jpg

Inside, has a baggie with some extra o-rings, small instruction booklet and rubber taps for the top cap to make it easy grippin.
20160417_004836.jpg

Non-adjustable pin
20160417_005113.jpg 20160417_005104.jpg

The ceramic coils it came with, rated as .8-.9 resistance, with a range of 30-60 watt.
My Cuboid read it as .91 (my cuboid is +.03-.05 in most cases), ipv D2 read as .895
The packaging says a .4-.5ohm coil rated at 30-80w is also available.
20160417_004959.jpg 20160417_004937.jpg

The topcap comes off like on a Griffin, 2 large kidney holes. Easy filling from a dropper. Removeable teel tip with double orings, my other 510 tips fit.
20160417_005201.jpg

2 airflow slots with a rotating ring (again, much like the griffin)
20160417_005249.jpg

2 juice flow slots with juice control. Cannot be closed completely as seen in the second picture, slots are wider. More on this in a minute (there is a reason)
20160417_005355.jpg 20160417_005703.jpg

*hit img limit, continued below*

Last edited:
Reactions: cooladdict

absoluttalent

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Lombard, IL
To change the coil, its a funky process. Will elaborate. Here is the bottom cap/airflow removed to expose the bottom of the coil
20160417_005444.jpg

And a shot at the inside. It seems to have some sort of anti-spit tab in the middle
20160417_005529.jpg

On top of a Cuboid
20160417_010108.jpg

And a comparison vs the Griffin (regular), Aromamizer and Crown. The glass is always there, its closed in the first picture
20160417_010318.jpg 20160417_010350.jpg

Sizes (from the instruction booklet)
23mm x 63mm
4ml capacity
Kanthal (leads?) .8-.9 and .4-.5 coils available, 30-60/80w respectively

According to their info
"Food grade high strength NM Ceramic, Ceravape patented ceramic is sintered over 2300*F to create a molecularly stable structure, without the risk of breaking"

No cotton, just liquid on ceramic action. To clean, dry burn for a few seconds at 30w 3-5 times

So this tank is interesting. As I showed in the other pictures, the juice control doesnt close all the way. And thats because its a telescoping tank. When it is closed, everything is shut off. Airflow and juiceflow. I tried taking a pull, and it was like sucking on a clogged straw. But you pull the upper section up, and it opens the juice flow and airflow. Almost appears to prime it also as bubbles appear. When not in use, push it back down and close it to prevent flooding and/or leaking. I really dont recall seeing another tank like this.

Airflow
For having airflow holes roughly the same size of my griffin, im getting some resistance I am not expecting. Its not bad, I am doing my normal lung hits. Id almost compare it to the crown at 50% open. Adjustment stops after fully open and fully closed, will not spin 360*

Juice control
I chose some Apocalypse Juice - Psycho Vision 70vg/30pg. I left the juice control wide open. No flooding, kept up with my chains

Changing coils
Since this is a telescoping tank, you have to do that to remove the coil. With the tank in the open/vapable posistion, you unscrew the base. Once the base is off, you close the tank and it forces the coil head out. A steady pull and it comes out completely. Then to put a new one in, you have to pull the tank open, slide the new coil in, screw on the base, then close the tank again and fill. Really simple

Overall, my first impressions are mixed. No gurgling, no spitback. Was running it at 45-55 watts. Was getting good flavor throughout. Decent clouds. Was satisfying to me.
But the tank does get very hot though. The threading of the top cap isnt as clean as I like. Feels like its really easy to crossthread. The 510 threads were good. And the base were also clean.
The first few times, pulling the top section up to open and close it was a little difficult. but after awhile it got easier. Maybe it just needs the juice as a lubricant
I am going to play around with it a bit, see if a complete disassembly is possible

Supposedly they released this tank at the beginning of april, but I have not found a retailer that has it, or replacement coils (if needed). They are claiming the coils are supposed to last to the equivalent of 20+ coilheads of competitors. Being day 1, I can not backup or deny this.

Im not much on reviews, but these are my opinions. Bought it at the vape meet and didnt see this posted yet.

Last edited:

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
Have you had any leaking issues with this tank? I also picked one up at Vape Bash and it was good for a bit. Then started leaking like crazy.

I have uses different ratios in it. Took it all the way apart, put it back together and same thing.

First impressions was awesome tank, now it is just a pain for me. Have you had any issues with this?

I have not experienced leaking at all. I have heard reports of people experiencing leaking if they wear out the open and close o-ring. That is a pretty neat feature, but it obviously the weak point of the tank.

I think this is a great tank for those who vape 80 watts or below.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
101vape just put this tank in stock and not a bad price of $25 for the black and $24 for the silver. I was considering it until I read about the airflow being about the Crown half way open and the reports of leaking.

The only ceramic coil I have tried was on my COV Defiant, not bad but not groundbreaking, I prefer the regular cotton COV coils better.

Thanks for putting this up and saving me some money!

StratOvation

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Michigan, USA
I've had my CeraVape Cerabis for two days and have gone through a couple tanks. Hasn't leaked a drop yet but I hear that some people are assuming you need to close it after every vape causing a "pumping action" that forces the juice past the coil to the airflow opening. I only closed mine when I was putting it down for awhile. Just ordered a couple more from 101 vape because I'm that impressed with the quality of the build and the resulting flavor.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
Does this tank have a dry feeling vape? I tried the cCell coils, and couldn't stand them because of it. Does it still give you that wet juicy vape?

now that you mention this maybe a little compared to normal coils...I wouldn't have noticed it if you didn't mention it.

Tank does get kinda hot under normal vaping but so far no problems.

Reactions: MysticRose

StratOvation

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Michigan, USA
+1. I hadn't really noticed a "dry tasting vape" until you asked the question either but it is a little "less juicy" than a standard coil with the same juice. I haven't torn down a coil yet so I'm not sure of the build design but maybe this is caused by a finer more uniform vapor produced with ceramic than a wicked wire coil? side note; I noticed a couple drops coming from the AFC with a thinner (50/50 PG/VG) juice after I had sat it down and then grabbed it the next morning, got just a couple drops that leaked from the AFC when I opened it up but I didn't see any leaking at all with 70% VG juices.

MysticRose

Sep 30, 2015
Thank you both for your honesty and input....saved me more wasted money. I would love to have one of these come with amazing flavor AND a nice juicy vape. Got horrible cotton mouth with the cCell, and sometimes felt like the vapor was like sand. Really happy it's working well for you guys though. Beautiful tank, love the design and the quality! Sadly, that dry vape bothers me :(

StratOvation

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Michigan, USA
No problem. If your looking for a very juicy flavor tank (better than some RDA's) that kicks out some decent vapor also, I would suggest checking out the Freemax starre pro tank Freemax Starre Pro Tank | Ecig.com currently on sale for about $14 w/shipping included. Excellent flavor with the Ni200 coils!

MysticRose

Sep 30, 2015
No problem. If your looking for a very juicy flavor tank (better than some RDA's) that kicks out some decent vapor also, I would suggest checking out the Freemax starre pro tank Freemax Starre Pro Tank | Ecig.com currently on sale for about $14 w/shipping included.
Thank you for the suggestion. I do have the OG Freemax Starre. Haven't used it in quite a few months. I liked the flavor in the Crown so much it mostly got retired. It's a very close second though, good tank.

Mikera67

Jul 2, 2015
Flavor getting even better after a few tanks with the .5 coil running at fifty watts with preheat @60 watts for half second. Zero leaking, only trouble was over filling it and a few drops came out the air holes, but stopped after a few drags. Really liking it so far, hoping this replaces my crown collection, lol. So far it also seems to use less juice then the crowns, but that's a guess since I can't seem to put this down
aa5c3e57edefbec25f474fad71f19551.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread