Ceravape Cerabis - Subohm ceramic tank unboxing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikera67

Jul 2, 2015
I removed the spit back guard, really simple just like I did for the rafele tank. Stick a small screwdriver and push side to side with tank apart, it easily popped out in about ten seconds.

The draw is much more open, zero spit back, and in the small time since I've done it it does seem a wetter vape, just like the rafele.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cooladdict

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
Vape Girl Review just did a video on the tank explaining the "leaking" some users are experiencing. It might be helpful to some here.

It really isn't leaking, it is condensation build up that needs to be cleared on a regular basis by tilting the tank upside down and blowing in to it. If this isn't done the condensation builds up excessively and the tank appears to leak.

I did a kind of lengthy post in the link below about it and what I was told at the Miami convention. Do not want to sound redundant, so you can click the link.

Cerabis Ceramic Subohm tank by ceravape

Have you had any leaking issues with this tank? I also picked one up at Vape Bash and it was good for a bit. Then started leaking like crazy.

I have uses different ratios in it. Took it all the way apart, put it back together and same thing.

First impressions was awesome tank, now it is just a pain for me. Have you had any issues with this?
I'm having crazy leaking issues with this tank; also some flooding and gurgling. I'm pretty sure I'm not overfilling. I had someone help me re-seat the chimney o-ring, which helps sort of... I've seen some videos on how to fix this leaking problem, but they all appear to just flash text or pictures on the screen. As I'm blind, this is decidedly not helpful. Does anyone have any info on fixing the leaking/flooding issues? Is it just a case of replacing the o rings?

Bhoot

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2015
London
I'm having crazy leaking issues with this tank; also some flooding and gurgling. I'm pretty sure I'm not overfilling. I had someone help me re-seat the chimney o-ring, which helps sort of... I've seen some videos on how to fix this leaking problem, but they all appear to just flash text or pictures on the screen. As I'm blind, this is decidedly not helpful. Does anyone have any info on fixing the leaking/flooding issues? Is it just a case of replacing the o rings?

Think you might need to strip and rebuild the tank. If it's not condensation then the tank should not be leaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think you might need to strip and rebuild the tank. If it's not condensation then the tank should not be leaking.

What's involved in stripping the tank/replacing the o rings? Detailed instructions would be nice, as my roommate (i.e. person who can see) doesn't know anything about vaping. Do I need to worry about trying to disassemble the telescopic section, or will replacing the chimney/AFC/top cap o rings suffice?

Bhoot

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2015
London
Finally used the cerabis. No leaking after 3 tanks on 0.5 ohm coil. I got plastic taste for the first tank but it's been most fine after that. Notice that you need to put the juice control in the middle of the hole. Close the air flow and then shut the tank by pushing down.

Overnight update.
Got some 'leaking' but it was not that bad. I wrapped the base with tissue lightly and blew into the tank. Did this a few times and so it's been business as usual. I think the vacuum builds the longer the tank is kept shut and when I can in the morning the afc was still closed and pulled the tank, that force pulled the liquid through. It was not a huge amount of liquid but enough get ur miffed. Going to keep running this tank and see how it goes. Couple of friends are waiting for a verdict. Must admit. Huge fan of the open close system in general. Very very nice system.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daddy

jimmyw86

Jan 23, 2014
Broad Ripple
i've been extremely disappointed because mine leaks all the time. I've changed out all the O rings and will tilt it upside down and blow out the excess juice but after vaping on it for 20 minutes, it will leak again. I'll close the juice flow to half and it doesn't help. I'll only close it to refill. From what i've heard, you should always have it open unless you're filling it up. I don't know what else to do. I love the flavor but this will be a deal breaker for me. Might have to go back to the drawing board.

Reactions: Mick. LoS
i've been extremely disappointed because mine leaks all the time. I've changed out all the O rings and will tilt it upside down and blow out the excess juice but after vaping on it for 20 minutes, it will leak again. I'll close the juice flow to half and it doesn't help. I'll only close it to refill. From what i've heard, you should always have it open unless you're filling it up. I don't know what else to do. I love the flavor but this will be a deal breaker for me. Might have to go back to the drawing board.
This is the issue I've been having. I had my roommate replace the o rings, and still getting the same issues. Closing the AFC while filling does seem to help some, but there's no way for me to tell how open the juice flow is just by feel. :( The coil longevity and flavor are amazing, although a bit dryer than I'm used to.
Is it possible we just have bad tanks, or is there just a hell of a lot of condensation?

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
I've got 3 of these tanks in rotation now and have not had a single drop leak from any of them. I use 50/50 juices. As near as I can see there are only 3 orings to be concerned about. Two on the coil and one on the inside top of the upper part of the tank. I still can't figure out how to even make the tank leak.

The one thing that I have learned from my years of vaping is that no matter how good a tank is, there are always those who seem to have leaks. And if a tanks seals are intact they don't leak. A leaky tank always means a bad seal/damaged oring somewhere.

YourPalMark

Jul 23, 2016
Fort Worth
I just can't figure this tank out. I love everything about it, but the leaking thing is crazy. I do not open/close it excessively, in fact only when I fill it, but I can't get through a tank without it barfing juice out before the next fill. This isn't a little condensation mind you, but large, thick globs of juice (70/30) that usually land on my arm. I've not opened it up to mess with o-rings, as I've not used it enough to have worn them out. Thank goodness for the trusty Crown tank!

Reactions: Mick. LoS

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
@YourPalMark You might find this thread interesting.....

There is some good discussion regarding the leaking and later in the thread perhaps a possible fix and explanation on why some users are leaking and others are not. Basically it appears the manufacture added an extra o-ring on the coils after the first run. This extra o-ring on the newer coils seem to fix the leaking issue. It may be possible to take an o-ring off of another coil and put it on the coil you are using in the same manner that the manufacture did to prevent the leaking. I can't say for certain, my tank doesn't leak. Anyways I thought you might want to read that thread too.

YourPalMark

Jul 23, 2016
Fort Worth
@YourPalMark You might find this thread interesting.....

There is some good discussion regarding the leaking and later in the thread perhaps a possible fix and explanation on why some users are leaking and others are not. Basically it appears the manufacture added an extra o-ring on the coils after the first run. This extra o-ring on the newer coils seem to fix the leaking issue. It may be possible to take an o-ring off of another coil and put it on the coil you are using in the same manner that the manufacture did to prevent the leaking. I can't say for certain, my tank doesn't leak. Anyways I thought you might want to read that thread too.
I saw that thread about the coils with the extra o-ring and compared to the extra coil I purchased with my tank, and lo and behold, it had the extra o-ring! Unfortunately, when I opened up my tank to try the other coil I discovered that the original coil, the one that leaks like a ...., has the extra o-ring as well. This is all very discouraging, as the tank is just awesome otherwise. I have little patience for temperamental hardware I suppose. (I reached my quota of headaches with the Sense Cyclone tank)

Reactions: Daddy

YourPalMark

Jul 23, 2016
Fort Worth
Hello guys, any news? Anyone who finally solved the problem? Changed o-rings and all still getting the "condensation" which is worth a tank.
There are a number of suggested fixes floating around, but none have worked for me. (many of the suggestions assume that operator error is behind the problem) It seems there are two types of Cerabis owners: those that experience massive leaking and those who don't and think that the rest of us are crazy. ;) I tried a myriad of juices, wattages, and juice/air openings. I've changed o-rings and the coil. The tank still leaks to an extent that almost defies physics. I finally gave up and shelved mine in favor of the trusty Crown.

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
The tank still leaks to an extent that almost defies physics.

I think this is the real issue. Some people say their tank literally pours out the juice at a rate that almost defies physics. I laughed when I read the quoted line but it is true. Then some of us have experienced no leaking and minor condensation build up, so we struggle to understand and can only offer suggestions. In one of my conversations with the manufacture they mentioned they were accepting returns on the leaking tanks and that when they received the leaking tanks they themselves couldn't get the leaking tank to leak. It is astonishing.

Hopefully there will be no issues with the cerabis 44 and 45 that are being released sometime soon.

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
Hi. My first post here. I've been searching for an answer. I wanted to love this tank. The idea is brilliant, the flavour spot on, but the leaking! In three months, I've probably only gone through three tanks of juice, and 20% of that has probably dribbled out. With so many having no problems, maybe it is a QC issue?

Have you tried the Cerabis 44 or Cerabis 45? They are the latest version of the tank. I've seen no reports of leaking with them, but I'm not sure how many people have them. They have been out for a month or two now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread