Certain people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
Since I have been using my personal vaporizer I have noticed that it takes a certain type of person to use one. A lot of people I talk to about it's use and benefits say it sounds good to get off the cigs but are not interested because it's to complicated for them. ??? what is that? Or they just don't have the time to be bothered with charging batteries and refilling carts, ordering stuff, etc. I personally suspect a very low intelligence level or just a fear of technology. Possible laziness may play a large roll in this as well. And let's not over look the "macho" factor. Some seem to think it's not "manly" to do anything other then lite tobacco on fire like the cave men did.

Okay, that's my rant for the week, ..........I think I feel better now......:rolleyes:

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
I think you hit one of the major complexities with the whole machoness factor Vince (already heard comments such as "Needing a real cigarette" and "I'm not going to smoke something fake").
I think some people just have fear of the unknown. Sure vaping only has 3 of the ingredients that are in normal cigarettes but just the idea sounds too good to be true for some or they just refuse to accept that it is a safer method. Lol rest assured when "everyone" starts doing it, well you know the rest.

ritalee76

ECF Veteran
Funny...

I was at my boss' house last night to watch the fight and was toking away at my e-cig. The boss' wife tells me that she has one... while smoking a camel.

We go in the kitchen a coupla hours later and she shows me her stash.. THREE Smoking Everywhere kits and what looks to be a case of cartridges! LOL

She bought one for her husband but he just won't use it and she only uses hers when the kids are around so they won't rag her about smoking and killing herself...

Couple hours later... boss has had some beers... at that point, he quits picking on me about being a nerd with it and asks me genuinely if it really works... I'm like "come on, Jason! How much did I smoke before?? And how many cigarette breaks have I had in the last month? Exactly. They work!"...

Funny...

I wonder if he will even give it a try.

Then again, his cell phone confuses him.
:D

MisterPuck

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Oklahoma City, Ok. U.S.A
I've noticed this trend.
While getting a hole put through my wifes body I thought, you know a tattoo/piercing parlor would be a perfect fit for a e-cig. Can't smoke anywhere near them for health reasons, yet nearly every tattoo artist Ive ever met smokes.
So i show off the pretty green light and the black and silver look.... nothing. The reply was the same across the board.
"Thats way to much trouble for a cigarette."

but then again "doing it for your health" was never a big sell on that crowd, so I wouldnt chalk it all up to technofear, at least in this case.

fredstrong

Feb 24, 2009
Everyone who has seen mine loves it. I let them try it if they ask me, and everyone seems to want one. And it's really not that much messing around. There are some slight adjustments, but the variety of flavors, $110 per month it's saving me, and clear lungs all offset any inconveinience involved, which is minimal. I'm never going back. As far as the manly factor, I am a 6,1', thoroughly tattooed, chef, who used to own a tattoo/piercing shop. If my Kissbox is not manly... Hmmmm, that does not sound very manly does it? My Kissbox... Oh well, if this thing was shaped like wedding tackle, I'd still be a devote.

By the way, does anyone know of a less expensive, but quality, model that I can purchase as a back up in case I have to get a part, or wait for repairs, or what not?

taz3cat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2008
Port Arthur, Texas
Vaping is more complicated than just opening a pack of analogs, lighting it and stubing it out and and getting another. Some people hate change (some just hate change)especially if it require more effort than the way they were doing something. Most people are smart enough to know just looking that it is more complicated than analogs.

I have had people fan around me and then they see that I am not really smoking and turn red from embarasment. They want to ask what I was doing but did not have the nerve.

dnakr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2008
Virginia, USA
I have been vaping since Dec. 2007 and still can't get my husband or son to switch over to e-cigs. Why? I don't know... At first I thought it was the hassle of constantly charging and changing batteries, as we all know is a pain, but since I got the SD in Jan. 09, I only change the battery maybe once a day. Still they don't seem to be interested. I'm still hoping one day they will convert over but only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread