Chamber flooding in my Russian Big Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

vmtorres1

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2015
What can I do to stop the flooding in my Russian Big? I am currently running a 2.5 Ohm coil at 16 W. The coil is kanthal 28 AWG with a 4 mm diameter, 9 wraps, using cotton bacon for wick. I use 65% VG 35% PG juice.
I usually will vape it and get two or three good hits and then the gurgling begins. I will then turn my tank upside down and wait a little, and then blow to get rid of the excess juice, and start over, but it always floods. HELP!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I'm not sure what you mean exactly by Russian Big, but I assume it's a Kayfun-like device. If so, your coil ID is way too big for any Kayfun style atty. Make a smaller coil, 2mm ID, for instance. Make sure that your coil's OD (outer diameter) does not exceed the size of the air hole in the deck of your device by much or you'll have an inefficient coil that doesn't cool off properly and is not able to vaporize all that juice collected in an oversized wick, resulting in gurgling and harsh vape. Also, I prefer lower resistance coils in my Kayfun 4 (1.4-1.6Ω works great); 28-29g kanthal.

Here's an interesting read on the subject:

Coil ID and Taste... is Bigger Better?

Good luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread