Chance for future robo reo??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Parlin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hate to ask so soon, but it's on my mind if the new owners are thinking about a regulated squanker???

Yes there was once a vv grand and it was great!

Rob was on the fence about it in the past with a resin p67 it it didn't happen.

We are looking into a lot of different ideas:
  • Regulated squonkers
  • Reviving the woodvils in some different wood choices
  • Resin P67's
  • Designing and building a superatomizer (to borrow @Spydro 's terminology for the P67 being a supermod)
It just all takes a lot of time and effort for each project and our hands have been pretty full just getting the "normal" operations set up in Indiana. Heck, I'm still trying to find organic, free range porky dust locally for @Debadoo and trying to figure out where I can put in a drive-thru window for @Mrs C to drop off her mods for Spa treatment.

Thanks,

Eric

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
  • Regulated squonkers
  • Resin P67's
  • Designing and building a superatomizer (to borrow @Spydro 's terminology for the P67 being a supermod)
It just all takes a lot of time and effort for each project and our hands have been pretty full just getting the "normal" operations set up in Indiana. Heck, I'm still trying to find organic, free range porky dust locally for @Debadoo and trying to figure out where I can put in a drive-thru window for @Mrs C to drop off her mods for Spa treatment.

Thanks,

Eric

Now that is a very promising post. :)
I like all of that. :D

KAS

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
  • Regulated squonkers
  • Resin P67's

Thanks,

Eric

Eric,

Like your attitude to add to and build on the Reo Empire.

Regulated squonkers
Many reg squonkers have come and gone, from very cheap and easy to get to some carrying an elitist price tag from the Secret Society with almost no availability and a very long waiting list. But few of them impressed me, from cheapies to those with ridiculous price tags. The one that did was from the UK and on the elitist side that carried a fairly stiff price tag... the Hellfire Shadow. I put dibs on a specific one a couple of times but when it was finally sold it was to someone else. Suggest if you dive into a regulated Reo that you consider the DNA or Dicodes chipsets. IMO a well designed high quality Reo squonker could command an appropriate price that some Reonaut's would pay and possibly bring in new potential Reonauts. Now days regulated seems to be in the lead, in part probably because they are safer for new vapers and those who don't get ohms law.

Reviving the woodvils in some different wood choices.
I have a bunch of Woodvil's, and in turn loved them all. Back in the day when Woodvil's were so hard to get that I paid over retail for the first of mine bought used off the classifieds. But as a wood guy the one thing Rob did that I didn't agree with is not using higher to much higher grade woods on at least a fair percentage of them. Many dedicated Woodvil Reonaut's would have gladly paid more than enough to cover the extra wood cost for the higher grades. Rob was going to make 2 custom Woodvil's for me from my large stash of exhibition grade NA/exotic hardwoods, but never got around to it. Just as well as I seldom use Woodvil's now days. Anyway, something to consider maybe if you bring them back is higher grade woods for at least some of them.

Resin P67's
The resin idea never won me over, but lots of folks were interested in them and were looking forward to them. They would be near bulletproof, so a great Reo for work/play environments where they might get dropped/dirty often.

Designing and building a superatomizer (to borrow @Spydro 's terminology for the P67 being a supermod)

Not mine... I just agreed with and reiterated what gal pal @JC Okie called them for emphasis.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I had these saved, from when Rob was playing with the idea for the resin mods, I just thought they were cool. :2cool: I don't know if the pics are still somewhere in this forum or not, but I just figured out why I saved these so long ago. :)

QB8jwXO.jpg

GgF9Tcy.jpg

KAS

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I would be very seriously interested in a DNA 75 powered REO, very versatile chipset. Also I've been wondering about the Reomizer atties ( RM2), there are a few on site but only in the LP versions. As an affordable small chamber attie, they are hard to beat for ease of use and performance...

Last edited:

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I had these saved, from when Rob was playing with the idea for the resin mods, I just thought they were cool. :2cool: I don't know if the pics are still somewhere in this forum or not, but I just figured out why I saved these so long ago. :)

QB8jwXO.jpg

GgF9Tcy.jpg

KAS

I'd be all over any of those!!!

Reactions: kas122461

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
@Eric Parlin

I have no dog in this fight because I am an ex-vaper for 8 months now and doubt it would've ever happened had it not been for Rob and the Reo grand itself...

IMO, the biggest problem with making a regulated Reo is there are too many variables out there that make up a regulated device and to get it right the first time out is near impossible as has been witnessed to date in the industry... I won't even go into the fact that the people out there that have wanted something with temp control, the majority don't even use it because its so finicky as to what atty, battery, wire, juice, and so on as the combinations to get it to work from one to the other is virtually impossible!!

Do you go with Lipo or 18650 / 207xx, (single or dual) powered or something else? Its got to be a mfg's headache trying to figure out the combo that is going work the best and from reading about whats been out there in the last year alone, no one has come up with the winning combination!! Todays best great thing might be tomorrows biggest failure... A swelling Lipo thats merely 6 months old that needs to be sent back in to be swapped!! For a fee no doubt from the mfg'r!! On a $300+ device? Are you kidding? Total failure by the mfg'r but won't admit it though!!

The best thing Rob ever did was drop the VV Reo from the line as he gave it a fair go and it failed. He may have even lost money in the adventure, we will never know!! My best guess is it was at least a break even at best but there was a reason for him not venturing into anything else regulated and that is that the mechanical Reo just works in its mechanical state and with the right build in it you could get as good, if not better vape, than with a regulated device...period... I'm sure he slept better at night as soon as he stopped making a VV device!!

The only changes that should be done to the Reo line is maybe some tweaks to the body design or eliminate the catch cup all together on the grands and mini's or make a mini that will take a larger bottle than the 3ml bottle... Maybe a 3D printed Reo? Maybe experiment with solid silver contacts, both + / -, like I had in both of my grands prior to quitting altogether. Something along those lines... Regulated just isn't the right answer because of all the variables involved.

Just some things to ponder...

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
With all that said.. nothing ventured,nothing gained. If everyone thought like that nothing would ever get done. Besides he has the next two to fall back on and everyone would be smart to also own a reo grand.

Also one shouldn't be trying perfection out the gate anyways.. that's what the new model is for.

Also the resin regulated kit was a smart option as well as one could make it themselves.. takes reosmods out of the equation for warranty issues.

Also the catchcup.. I use the grand still today cause I like that! Haha like the look and it give my spilt juice something to hold onto insted of runing down the mod. Besides with all the mods out there, its the two trademark look that when you see it you know it's a reo.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
With all that said.. nothing ventured,nothing gained. If everyone thought like that nothing would ever get done. Besides he has the next two to fall back on and everyone would be smart to also own a reo grand.
You obviously skipped over reading the part about Rob venturing and gaining nothing in the end because it was his only foray into regulated and also mentioned on multiple occasions when you or someone else asked for regulated and his answer was usually a flat out...not gonna happen...
Also one shouldn't be trying perfection out the gate anyways.. that's what the new model is for.
Your all for using the buying public to be your guinea pigs, right?

Look, I've said my piece on the subject and I will just leave it at that... I think it was pretty clear by the track record that Rob set forth and that was regulated and Reo don't mix together!! I wish Eric luck in the future if that is the road he wishes to go down but don't see it any different as what has been travelled already...

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
You obviously skipped over reading the part about Rob venturing and gaining nothing in the end because it was his only foray into regulated and also mentioned on multiple occasions when you or someone else asked for regulated and his answer was usually a flat out...not gonna happen...

Your all for using the buying public to be your guinea pigs, right?

Look, I've said my piece on the subject and I will just leave it at that... I think it was pretty clear by the track record that Rob set forth and that was regulated and Reo don't mix together!! I wish Eric luck in the future if that is the road he wishes to go down but don't see it any different as what has been travelled already...

But yet there's a ton of regulated mods out there! Must be a market.. ever hear of provari? Everyone knows who that is. Most are not making a juice feeding regulated mod and still depending on a tank.

Bottom feeding is where it's at.. way to convenient then to deal with anything else.. toss in a rebuildable bf atty and a regulated mod is what I've always wanted. Build whatever I wanted on it and it would work.

He'll I want to build a super huge low ohm coil on a reo but i feel i cant safely.

Eric Parlin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I appreciate everyone's candor here. Obviously, I'm not going to attempt everything in the next month.

For any new product, we will take the time to make sure it is safe, reliable, and of the quality standards we have set as a company. At a bare minimum, I would review with Rob to understand what went right or wrong with anything he has tried in the past. A good example here is that Rob is quite vocal that any new woodvils need to be made out of a much higher grade wood (we are all in agreement there @Spydro ) to avoid issues he ran into during both manufacturing and after the sale.

We will also perform a market analysis to see how the product would fit and if it even makes sense from an economic viewpoint. No sense in making a new atty if we have to price it at $500 and the market is saying it should be at $50. Also, no matter how inexpensively I can make something, there is not a lot of sense in spending 6 months to develop a product that only 3 people in the whole world want.

My original post was meant to serve as a guideline for ideas that have been requested of us. Some of them may work, some of them may not. And, just like the various colors and styles offered currently, not everything is for everybody out there. Personally, I think a couple of the color combinations are quite ugly, but I am happy to make them if people want to buy them.

Please continue to offer suggestions and advise for us on our path forward. I am still learning and this forum has hundreds (thousands?) of people with much more experience with mods than I have. I would be foolish to not seek advise and input in the new product development process.

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut

Also the resin regulated kit was a smart option as well as one could make it themselves.. takes reosmods out of the equation for warranty issues.

Also the catchcup.. I use the grand still today cause I like that! Haha like the look and it give my spilt juice something to hold onto insted of runing down the mod. Besides with all the mods out there, its the two trademark look that when you see it you know it's a reo.

I would hate to see the catch cups go. All I use is 14mm attys. I have standard and low profile grands and love the catch cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread