The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

change in temperatures causing tanks to leak

Discussion in 'Tank Issues' started by timberwolf0530, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. timberwolf0530

timberwolf0530 Full Member

Oct 11, 2012
    pittsburgh
    Hi everyone I primarily use vivi nova tanks however I believe I've noticed this with ego clearomizers aswell. It has generally been about 30 degrees when I go to work in the morning then it warms up into the 50s and 60s by 10 in the morning. I have found on a few occasions that my tanks will start to leak from the threads however it doesn't do that any other time. The tanks have been in several different positions when I notice this also. Has anyone else had this issue before?

2. burnah

burnah Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2012
    Home
    Yeah, have had the same thing happen to me on 30C - 40C days. I believe it's the PG expanding as it heats, forcing juice out of any available orifice. A slight imperfection on a seal/washer is enough for some to escape under pressure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.