Change of plans..

Status
Not open for further replies.

mick500

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
Australia
Hey guys, I started a thread the other day about quitting smoking and grabbing the Joye 510 starter kit from heavens gift based on some research from what was a 5 year old thread I later realized lol, but I have since found a local shop. I am in Australia so yeah.. A lot tougher over here to get what you want as is my understanding from the info I have gathered.. anyway here goes..

I am not overly impressed with the
Joye 510 I selected originally (Hasn't arrived so I may be pleasantly surprised) but I feel like there are far better options out there.

So this is what I plan on grabbing in a couple of days from the local store would appreciate it if you guys could chip in and tell me if it sounds a lot better or if there's any errors with what I have selected..

Vision ego spinner battery for $36

2x kanger evod 2 clearomizers. $10 each.

Kanger dual coil replacement coils 5 pack $13

usb and wall charger $9

Total $78

Since I have already purchased the whole Joye 510 starter kit I will wait til next pay to double up on battery's and clearomizers for this lot, but does that sound a lot better?

Cheers guys.

Dreaswi

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Tennessee, USA
The mvp is a great mod but the box type is not for everyone. The vamo is also a very good mod but not everyone wants to jump into the mod aspect and deal with external batteries and external chargers. As for your list the price is good for a store front (b&m) ... The only thing you are missing is a charger for the Spinner. The joye 510 charger is not designed for the Spinner/ego style batteries and can seriously cause a lot of damage.

It only takes one person to start a revolution.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I've never tried the Spinner. But, I do use Joyetech Twists, which are great. It should be about the same, I guess.

The Kanger EVODs are supposed to be pretty good, as long as you have good eyes that can see down into them. I prefer something I can see into better. But, the basic type is the same.

One thing I really love about using Ego style batteries is that they're compatible with lots of things. So, they leave you open to experiment freely. For example, I prefer carto-tanks. I also find the EMDCCs to produce huge amounts of vapor. Almost everything is compatible with Ego style batteries.

Let us know how you like all your new goodies.

LisaR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2012
Martinez, CA
Hey guys, I started a thread the other day about quitting smoking and grabbing the Joye 510 starter kit from heavens gift based on some research from what was a 5 year old thread I later realized lol, but I have since found a local shop. I am in Australia so yeah.. A lot tougher over here to get what you want as is my understanding from the info I have gathered.. anyway here goes..

I am not overly impressed with the
Joye 510 I selected originally (Hasn't arrived so I may be pleasantly surprised) but I feel like there are far better options out there.

So this is what I plan on grabbing in a couple of days from the local store would appreciate it if you guys could chip in and tell me if it sounds a lot better or if there's any errors with what I have selected..

Vision ego spinner battery for $36

2x kanger evod 2 clearomizers. $10 each.

Kanger dual coil replacement coils 5 pack $13

usb and wall charger $9

Total $78

Since I have already purchased the whole Joye 510 starter kit I will wait til next pay to double up on battery's and clearomizers for this lot, but does that sound a lot better?

Cheers guys.

I think your new plan sounds great! You will get a lot of opinions on here, and a lot of them will be suggestions of more sophisticated (and expensive!) hardware, but the Spinners and evods are great starters, and some of us (like me!) never even feel the need to go beyond that. I've been using a similar set-up for over a year and a half now. I say go for it! And don't think that your 510 purchase was a total waste, because it will make a good back up, plus it's a far less conspicuous vape if you feel uncomfortable vaping in public to start with. It looks a lot more like a cigarette.

Anyway, good luck, and congratulations on making the decision to switch to vaping!

PinkPanter

Jun 21, 2014
The Netherlands
go with the itaste vv v3.

Don't make the same mistake twice. Skip the spinner stage.

Also, check out the protank II or protank II mini.

Agree to take the Innokin, if the battery ends, it will still be a very good passthrough device, however I don't think the spinner will be a mistake to take, its a really good battery ive heard a lot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread