Change.org petition to ban e-cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridiculous! Are they for real? Lungs bursting? I would laugh if they weren't endangering vaping.

I almost fell off my chair laughing when I read “lungs bursting”. Really?? Unbelievable. The ignorance. The funniest part is that is was premised with “Ive heard”. Well, I’ve heard the sky is falling -chicken little

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
So it seems. Not everything they do is stupid, but they’ve lost a lot of credibility on this one.
They lost credibility when they switched to a for-profit business model involving targetted ads and selling user data (years ago) --- and stuck with a .org address (usually used for non-profits, but granted, not necessarily), and are happy for people to be mislead about their for-profit status and business model. And there's more. But this is a vaping site so I'll cap my comment there.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
So it seems. Not everything they do is stupid, but they’ve lost a lot of credibility on this one.

Not just this one. As I pointed out in the other thread:
On a side note, have you ever just browsed the petitions on that site? There are some REALLY stupid ones. Someone petitioning their parents to allow them to get a futon. Some kid petitioning his teacher to be able to use pen (instead of pencil) in class. Someone petitioning world leaders to make the world stop spinning so they can get more sun. There are petitions to get everyone to following someone on Youtube, and another to unlock someone's Twitter account. Some of these people need to have their voter registrations revoked, and be prevented from ever breeding.

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2016
Honestly I've never seen one of these petitions accomplish anything, so I really don't think there's anything to worry about from this angle. However, if one felt so inclined, I suppose there's nothing stopping anyone here from making our own change dot org petition and seeing if we can beat them. How bored/drunk are you all on this fine Friday night?...

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Not just this one. As I pointed out in the other thread:
On a side note, have you ever just browsed the petitions on that site? There are some REALLY stupid ones. Someone petitioning their parents to allow them to get a futon. Some kid petitioning his teacher to be able to use pen (instead of pencil) in class. Someone petitioning world leaders to make the world stop spinning so they can get more sun. There are petitions to get everyone to following someone on Youtube, and another to unlock someone's Twitter account. Some of these people need to have their voter registrations revoked, and be prevented from ever breeding.
Sounds like the stupid here is that change.org will let any idiot make a petition. They’ve been around for awhile. One would assume they know they’re being mercilessly trolled. The salient point here though is that if this thing is amongst those it’s not something anyone has to worry about.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I hope this hasn’t been posted yet. I did do a search first. Anyhow, I got a petition in my email today that made me so extremely mad and wanted to share. Please read it and see how absolutely uneducated people are.
True, checked them out and this org is toxic.
re: Change.org - Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread