Ridgeway, Ohio
Or a paperweight.

Morano-Paper-Weight-3.jpg

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I would like to thank Smok for the short lifespan of their replacement coils. I have now changed over to RDTA. Much better flavor and clouds and P/U a much needed hobby of coil building. Only a month or so and I am making framed staple coils with no sweat.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read:
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
http://spinfuel.com/art-drip-guide-vaping/
Squonking 101 - Why Is Squonking Better Than Drippers & RDTAs?
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
RBA Vape Guide: RDA, RTA, Genesis, and More

• Useful
Reactions: Opinionated

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I still have some old coils for various tanks. Years after starting to use rebuildable attys it's a way of life. A roll of wire and some cotton or Rayon and there's a lot of money saved over time. That, and you can tailor the character of the atty by modifying coil design and changing the resistance to suit your own taste.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Congrats and welcome.

They could make good Christmas tree ornaments… on a fake tree. The real ones burn up fast. My mom went through a "real candles" phase. I think she thought my habit of sitting near the door with a fire extinguisher was not in the Christmas spirit. We had to agree to disagree.

Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Congrats and welcome.

They could make good Christmas tree ornaments… on a fake tree. The real ones burn up fast. My mom went through a "real candles" phase. I think she thought my habit of sitting near the door with a fire extinguisher was not in the Christmas spirit. We had to agree to disagree.

Anna
My stepmother grew up in rural Germany. Real candles were required for a proper Christmas. It’s what I got for most of my upbringing. You were right though.

They really are nicer. Particularly as you blow out the candles one by one and the shadows change. You need to use a short needle pine with open spaces, generally a live one which means a very small tree with a very large root ball. Also they cost a lot more. Upside is you can keep them dormant in the garage and plant them in the spring. and yes the fire extinguisher DOES need to be right there. You can only have the tree lit WHILE YOU ARE WATCHING IT, and you have to put out each individual candle one by one before you leave the room.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah yeah I know the darn precautions.

But just like a smok mod, even if you do everything RIGHT it's just all fun and games and shadows...……. Until your whole family DIES in a fiery inferno.

It takes 3 MINUTES for most trees to combust ENTIRELY. THREE. That's all the tinsel and flying shrapnel ornaments and everything else.

Good luck to Germany.

Of course, I always wish Germany luck (we adopted the habit while living in Strasbourg France) they really had a Lot of BAD luck for a long time.

Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yeah yeah I know the darn precautions.

But just like a smok mod, even if you do everything RIGHT it's just all fun and games and shadows...……. Until your whole family DIES in a fiery inferno.

It takes 3 MINUTES for most trees to combust ENTIRELY. THREE. That's all the tinsel and flying shrapnel ornaments and everything else.
that’s cut trees. It’s why you need to use a live one
Good luck to Germany.

Of course, I always wish Germany luck (we adopted the habit while living in Strasbourg France) they really had a Lot of BAD luck for a long time.

Anna
Hmmm... Germany would have data on fires from candle based Christmas trees. They still use em.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
My mom never got live trees. We got one once for the kid's sake because he thought it was "cruel". It weighed eleventy jillion pounds. It wasn't even super big. We planted it in the yard and it had snowed, so the ground was like concrete.

it died.

So tree environmentalists.... You can do that again if you want. When we got to Tucson for many years, we had a Christmas cactus and it was small, easy to deal with and SO much better (the boy got obsessed with cactuses (no candles) and it was fantastic.

Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
My mom never got live trees. We got one once for the kid's sake because he thought it was "cruel". It weighed eleventy jillion pounds. It wasn't even super big. We planted it in the yard and it had snowed, so the ground was like concrete.

it died.

So tree environmentalists.... You can do that again if you want. When we got to Tucson for many years, we had a Christmas cactus and it was small, easy to deal with and SO much better (the boy got obsessed with cactuses (no candles) and it was fantastic.

Anna
They are ridiculously heavy. We had a small two wheeled sort of wheelbarrow that they lived in even when lit. You can’t plant them till spring but they will stay alive dormant in their root ball for a good long time if they aren’t exposed to temperature shocks. They’re still pretty delicate. It’s a pine tree thing.

UPDATE: @stols001 reminds me this is not true for all pines or all environments.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes we knew little about live trees, actually the TREE dude told us to plant if after 3 days or it would die.

He probably wanted us to buy cut trees in the future.

To be fair "cut your own Christmas tree places can be kind of magical." My choice never one out. I always wanted the lopsided one with moss and stuff on it because it looked dada.

I never got my pick :(

The good news IS, unless my kiddo presents me with a kid and then dies, I never have to deal with one of those suckers again. Let us face it, they aren't fun to deal with.

Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yes we knew little about live trees, actually the TREE dude told us to plant if after 3 days or it would die.
that might have been true. It’s a breed and temperature thing. Some pines don’t go dormant, and most of the rest need to be below a certain temperature for a certain amount of time to do it. Rarely a problem where I live
He probably wanted us to buy cut trees in the future.

To be fair "cut your own Christmas tree places can be kind of magical." My choice never one out. I always wanted the lopsided one with moss and stuff on it because it looked dada.

I never got my pick :(

The good news IS, unless my kiddo presents me with a kid and then dies, I never have to deal with one of those suckers again. Let us face it, they aren't fun to deal with.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread