Changes to the Suorin Drop Air & iShare

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I read on a dealer website that Suorin is constantly updating their products. And my recent experiences suggest that some of the problems have been worked out... and sometimes there are some new problems.

For example, the early Suorin Drop sometimes had problems with the pods not fitting right. Some folks needed to hold down the pods to get good contact with the battery on the early devices. Otherwise, it wouldn't fire.

I never had that problem but I got mine several months after the early reviews had been posted. My first Suorin Drop had no problem with the battery contacts. The pods fit great. But it had problems with the sensor activation. It was not at all sensitive. I'd turn blue in the face trying to get the sensor to activate.

My replacement was one of the new colors so I know it is from the most recent production. The sensor works fine. When comparing it to my first one, I noticed there's a change in the rubber insert on the device (not on the pod). The rubber insert has a larger hole for the sensor and a larger indent between the terminals. The indent between the terminals is directly below the air intake on the pod when it is inserted. I'm happy with all of these changes. But an unwelcome change is that the pods fit extremely tightly now. I'm not sure why. I have to dig out the pods with my fingernails. But I'd rather have pods that are too tight than problems with the sensor. I can live with it.

There were similar changes to Suorin Air. Dealers are calling the latest product "V2" or "version 2" of the Suorin Air but according to some dealers it is not an official name. Suorin is just constantly changing their product. Visually you can tell the difference since the "V2" pods have a red plug instead of a black plug. The "V2" pods have much better airflow. You'll see a lot of old reviews complaining about the air flow being too restricted. On the new version it is now noticeably more open.

And then there's the Suorin iShare. What's going on with it?? Replacement pods are out of stock from most dealers. And there are rumors that there were problems with the pods. Lots of complaints on Reddit. I saw a review posted recently on Youtube that claimed he got new pods and they perform much better than the old ones. He hated it with the old pods but now he loves it with the new pods.

The reason why I made this post, is to help folks know what to expect. When I got my first Drop, I didn't know that mine didn't work as well as others. The guy at the local vape shop claimed it wasn't defective. It wasn't until I tried someone else's that I new for sure that mine wasn't working as well.

I think it's probably a good idea to try to get the most recently manufactured product since some of the problems have been worked out. In some cases, it's just changes to the pods so the old devices should work fine with new pods. But the Drop seems to have had some changes to the device itself... at least the rubber insert on the device. So if you buy a Drop, it is probably best to get the most recent version rather than old stock that is still on dealer shelves.

Last edited:

Dandelion Puffball

Apr 3, 2018
Pennsylvania
My replacement was one of the new colors so I know it is from the most recent production. The sensor works fine. When comparing it to my first one, I noticed there's a change in the rubber insert on the device (not on the pod). The rubber insert has a larger hole for the sensor and a larger indent between the terminals. The indent between the terminals is directly below the air intake on the pod when it is inserted. I'm happy with all of these changes. But an unwelcome change is that the pods fit extremely tightly now. I'm not sure why. I have to dig out the pods with my fingernails. But I'd rather have pods that are too tight than problems with the sensor. I can live with it.
The problem with the Drop pods sticking and being hard to get off seems to have been fixed in Suorin's latest tweak, actually. A lot of vendors were sold out for a week or so earlier this month, then my latest order of pods fit SO much better. The difference is pronounced enough that they must have changed some tiny thing with the design. I definitely like not having to pry off pods with my nails!

Suorin seems to have fixed all the quality control issues so many reviewers complained about in the past too, since my family has now used about 35 Drop and Air pods and not had one single defective one. Though I do have a bizarre pod that won't work with my green Drop. It works perfectly on my rainbows and my husband's blue Drop, and all six of the other pods work fine on the green Drop. I don't see how it's possible, but this one pod simply doesn't like the color green, apparently.

Reactions: smoked25years
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread