Changing atomizers once a week

Status
Not open for further replies.

robw

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2008
Austin Texas
I have found that the atomizer is the biggest problem with enjoying a PV for most users.

Id like to make a suggestion to everyone. Throw out your atomizer every one or two weeks. I noticed I get my best performance out of an atomizer for the first week. Then there seems to be a drop off in performance.

For most people this may seem like a waste of equipment. I look at it as a saving of sanity. I have been using a 510 for the last 2-3 weeks and I have gone through 3 atomizers and am about to goto my 4th. There is nothing wrong with the other 3, I just find the brand new atomizer to be better. They are only $10 and when I compare that to what analogs used to cost me, I find the expense to be minimal.

So many discussions about cleaning atomizers, and puffing techniques and all out rants about how the performance has gone down. These all can be eliminated if you simply toss it after a week. Save it as a back up atomizer in a box if you want, but I assure you, if you get into the habit of treating atomizers as disposable parts of the e-cig you will enjoy using it more.

lorieb48

Dec 26, 2008
milwaukee,wi
I have used the same atomizer for over 4 months now...never had any problems with it...I just blow it out every night and drain it on paper towel...
Got my stuff from Steve at Pure Smoker...using the Stainless Steel Pen from him...I do have more atomizers but haven't had any problems with vapor or taste....I will use mine till it dies..then use another one....:rolleyes:

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
Rob, I am at the same place as you. After about a week or maybe two max I'd be out buying cigarettes if I didn't have a new atomizer to use, with really rare exceptions with the occasional longer lasting one.

It puzzles me greatly when I hear that other people are still happy with an atomizer after months of use. It really must boil down to some pretty substantial differences in what it takes to satisfy different people's needs with an ecig.

chief druid

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
north wales U.K.
it puzzels me how people manage to clean them .. i've tried washing in warm water .. the coke bath .... nothing works ... so i agree with the "saving of sanity" theory ... but not going to bin it till its proper not doing what i want .... i dont do the blowing and draining thing anymore because i like the first hit you gett in the morning ... almost paifull on the throat .. fantastic!

chief druid

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
north wales U.K.
hahaha yeah i was getting my cigs off a friend of friend ...lol .. he decided to emigrate to spain ... i very nearly went on champix .. but tried the e cigs first .... and low and behold i maxed out my card on this vaping thing .... think it will be hard to ever save money compared to proper cigs because i need over 30ml of juice a week which is only 10 pound less than what i wss spending on proper cigs a week lol

BigLance

Feb 27, 2009
Issaquah, WA
I too am a heavy vaper and have gone through lots of atomizers on 3 different models. It's been quite the headache. I've had enough! I switched to the 2 piece models with disposable atomizers. Carts are more expensive, but the vapor and taste is great. They are hard to refill, so I don't even bother with this. I think I am spending about the same or more than analogs (although I am vaping more now because I can do it inside).

I'd love to save a bit of money over analogs, but at least I am saving my life, and not putting up with the many atomizer woes that add stress and inconvenience that I don't need.

StoneE4

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Chicago
NEVER THROW ANYTHING E-CIG RELATED AWAY - you never know when you'll need those atomizers.

With all the FDA confiscations and a ban looming, going through atomizers like candy just sounds like a bad idea. When it comes down to, preventive care isn't that difficult.

Or, you could PM me and I'll give you an Illinois address you can send all of those "used-up" 901 atomizers... I'll be glad to take them off your hands for you. :D

bri1270

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
Massachusetts - USA
I agree, I wouldn't be throwing anything away at the moment.

I just recently cleaned a 510 atomizer per this instruction:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-instructions-joye-technology.html#post209822

And it worked pretty well. I blew it out, swabbed the inside with a dry paper towel, rinsed with hot tap water, swished with denatured alcohol, let it sit a day and a half and it's good as new. Not too much effort, and the taste of the liquid and the vaping properties are improved. Not to mention that the denatured alcohol trick works great for getting the primer fluid taste out of a new atomizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread