Changing the COLOR of your Vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
This don't really fit anyplace so I'll post it here. I think it would be cool to change the color of the vapor.

Imagine neon green vapor as you exhale. or blue or yellow. I'm sure it's possible to build a mod that will do this. All you need to do is put a screen filled with food coloring in front of your vapor before you inhale it. However I DO NOT recommend this because I have no idea how safe breathing something like food coloring can be.

This post is just food for thought and discussion. Unless you can find something that you KNOW is safe I do not suggest anyone try this - It may Kill You. I just think it would be neat to see.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Vapor is white because water droplets are colorless. The white cloud of vapor will always be white unless you blow it into a green/red/yellow light. The white is actually full-spectrum light refracted inside each microscopic droplet of water vapor.

Put a pot of water on the stove. Turn it on to boil. Add a food color of your choice. The vapor will be white.

/Thread

Reactions: Doug Saslona

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
Ah. I see. well can't blame a guy for try'n. :)

Thanks. Now if we could only change the physics or discover some method on the quantum level to cause the water droplets to have color ( which I am sure is scientifically possible at the quantum level though The top secret government black ops labs aren't gonna tell us how they do it) then that would Rock Socks.

Gummy Bear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
orlando fl
agummybear.deviantart.com
Just a thought. Fog machines use PG - And fog machines can do colors.. so.. how do they work?

Lights shinning on the vapor.
The colored smoke bombs used on the battlefield (like the one above) are full of nasty stuff that you would not want to breath.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
old thread yes...
not an e-cig related item

faqs from the site:
Q: Does the smoke stain?
A: Yes you would see some off coloring of the inside of the cuff after heavy use, but yet it will come out with a wash or two. I sometimes have to let my inside cuff get a shot of stain remover after 6 hours of smoke.

closing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread