The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

channel 9 NJ 4/1/09 news clip

Discussion in 'Media and General News' started by eplanet, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. eplanet

eplanet Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Here is a clip from channel 9 news, aired last night 4/1.

My 9

Peace.

2. LaceyUnderall

LaceyUnderall Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 4, 2008
    USA and Canada
    Well... Brenda certainly is a non smoker.

The salesman clearly stated that all of the products IN the liquid are FDA approved. Never said the liquid itself was FDA approved. Good thing she repeated that twice because hearing it the first time, you could be led to believe he was claiming FDA approval. Second time around though, it was clear the intentions of the salesman were not to insist the product itself is FDA approved, but all of the ingredients.

But, overall, they did do a good job of getting all sides of the story. The best was the guy who's buddy was a hardcore smoker and now "barely smokes at all". That's fantastic and even the non-smokers who care for a smoker will see that and go "wow".

3. eplanet

eplanet Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Yea, that part was pretty awesome...

4. hanover fist

hanover fist Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2009
    I just can’t believe all the scare of e cigs being a kid magnet because it comes in flavors if you look in the stores they have the “blunts” or whatever they call them that come in flavors too. So who are they marketed too.

5. dc2k08

dc2k08 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2008
    .ie
    what do they want them to taste of? cavier and fois gras?

6. CssReb

CssReb Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2009
    USA, NYC
    Is there something wrong with the audio or is it just my computer?

7. asidrave

asidrave Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 21, 2009
    New Jersey
    i like when the assignment editor stated that it tastes like plastic...lol

seriously...if he was given a "good" e-cig with a flavor he might like his...he would change his opinion.

i wish they (channel 9) would have gotten the opinions of the e-smokers who they filmed for that peice

8. Iridium

Iridium Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Wow.. just watched it. My E Cigg looks exactly like his.. and it does NOT taste like plastic.

9. Khandurian

Khandurian Senior Member ECF Veteran

The blunts are marketed to the... ahem... cough... the stoners...

10. Lorddrek

Lorddrek Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2009
    No I don't think so. Certainly that is how they SHOULD feel but sadly it's not the case. Tobacco and nicotine have a far too great a stigma attached to them to gain much support for an obviously safer delivery system.

11. esmok-e

esmok-e Moved On

Where's Drewsworld when I need him?

12. Effex

Effex Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2009
    NYC
    They were probably Smoking Nowhere kits.

It's a shame that kits like Smoking Every are used in a lot of these reports, because the initial impression off one of those is horrible. Only a few days later does the atomizer finally start to kick, and even then, SE atomizers kick like a half-broken 901.

Njoy is a much, much better product, but even then, 4081 models shouldn't even be used for initial impressions because their atomizers just take too long to break in.

13. esmok-e

esmok-e Moved On

'Twas a two-piece all metal variety with various strengths and flavors... with an esmoke chip and the best available other internals installed - not a stock SA or you know what. Definitely not SE. I would be nuts to give them a stock SA S51 and have the batteries die or the charger fry. They had the stuff a month ago - still works.

I heard yesterday that SE bought NJOY... can anyone else verify?

14. wv2win

wv2win ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
    esmok-e, I like your site, especially the links to articles and the "savings" calculator. But your prices are quite high. For the price of one of your starter kits, I can just about pay for a screwdriver from trog in the UK and nothing beats the screwdriver for e-vaping satisfaction. You should order one and do a comparison. I've used a 901 and 801 and the screwdriver blows both of them away.

15. LaceyUnderall

Dec 4, 2008
    USA and Canada
  16. esmok-e

esmok-e Moved On

LaceyUnderall, thanks for that. Will confer with my rumor source.

17. Effex

Effex Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2009
    NYC
    Just as long as Njoy keeps making quality atomizers, I personally don't care if Big Bird buys em out. Those atomizers are sturdy!

18. LaceyUnderall

Dec 4, 2008
    USA and Canada
    until they lobby to have ecigs as NRT's and then they are available via nJoy only. (monopoly time ;) )

19. esmok-e

esmok-e Moved On

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I know the prices are high but they genuinely reflect our total cost per sale. We haven't had success with our customers buying other types of e-cigs than what we sell now. The Screwdriver looks like a fine piece for an advanced and tech-savvy vapor. Right now that's a different type of customer for us. We probably couldn't compete on the price for it at the end of the day. Unless we start to make some money and can afford to expand while passing on savings to our customer base.

We have some other ideas and do plan to offer some deep discounts as soon as we can. We have to keep an eye on our sales trends in this volatile situation, but if things move as they are for us right now, we will have some very attractive programs and pricing.

20. Vapor Pete

Vapor Pete The Vapor Pope ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    Im sorry, but I have to disagree with some of you in that I think this is just another news story about a new device that, in the end, leaves the veiwer thinking... "dumb!"
    I REALLY believe that the media is slanted right from the get go when they do these reports. Yes, they give both sides. Sort of. My major problem (as stated by Lacey) is the 2 second spot where the salesman says everything IN it is FDA approved. Whats they journalists comeback? "No it isnt!" Then goes on blah blah blah. Yes they came back to it and give you a chance to figure out on your own that the salesman says "in it". But to me its another report done wrong. As soon as the salesman says that comment, the reporter could have JUST as easily went right into something like, "He's right... every ingredient in these devices has been FDA approved for human use." Then find a doctor who can come up with something better than "kids might like them". Then before you run the story, find an ACTUAL e-cig user to do an ACTUAL interview with.
    I could go on about how the news can change the publics preception with their reporting, but I wont. I have emailed 4 local news channels here to do a positive report on e-cigs, I've gotten NO takers. Chances are that if my email said, " Unapproved e-cigs are attracting kids at an alarming rate, please do a story!"... all 4 would be knocking down my door for the interview. Sad.... but true.
    My best,
    -VP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.