May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA

Mr. P

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Ga.
This is nothing new, everything we use today causes cancer or some other type of ailment. The problem today is all about the mighty dollar and how to make more of it and not the true health of an individual. Your drinking water causes cancer because of all the chemical runoffs, fruits and vegetables cause all kinds of health issues do to the chemicals to make them bigger with a more vibrant color not to mention all the insecticides and other things sprayed on them. Beef, pork and chicken with all the steroids and things given them to make them larger for more meat. Fish are contaminated because our waters are polluted. The air we breathe is bad, the list goes on and on. We are killing ourselves and poisoning this planet all in the name of the mighty dollar.
This is exactly why healthy alternatives will never be accepted, too many big companies will lose millions of dollars even it means the lives of others.
I say enjoy life to the fullest, I would rather enjoy life and go at 65 rather then live to 90 and be miserable.

Doorknob

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2011
41.2411° N, 77.0014° W
I used the Chantix program twice. Neither time did I get any of the odd and dangerous side effects that some people get, but I did notice my heart rate go up while on it. It really worked well, until I was done taking it only about a week after my final dose the urges came back worse than ever, and needless to say I started smoking again.

Now after 30 years of analogs I found vaping, and since the day I got my first ecig I haven't had nor wanted an analog. Almost a full month now smoke free.

And to think my doctor wanted to give the Chantix one more shot.....no thanks, I already have done enough damage to my health as is.

businessclick

Moved On
Mar 16, 2011
malaysia
www.ecigar.weebly.com
  • Deleted by oldsoldier

StilettoWhit

Jul 5, 2011
Houston, TX
I tried that chantix crap, called champix in this part of the world... Made me as suicidal as hell. That was the last time i tried to quit smoking before buying a 902 from modernvapor... At least i no whatever happens when i get it it wont make me psychotically suicidal like that other crap lol

I also know someone personally with no family or personal history of depression or mental illness, and she became depressed and suicidal not long after starting Chantix. I'm baffled at why these well-documented and serious side effects have not resulted in its removal from the market, even despite the all-powerful pharma lobby.

im30vaughn

Jul 6, 2011
Ohio
I tried Chantix a few years back before I had plastic surgery and it worked really well. I quit smoking for about 3 months. But ever since the 1st time, it never worked for me again. I used to have wierd dreams but no nightmares. Taking it always gave me stomach cramps though no matter if I ate or not. My fiance' is about to go back on it again. So I wish him luck with it.

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
I used the Chantix program twice. Neither time did I get any of the odd and dangerous side effects that some people get, but I did notice my heart rate go up while on it. It really worked well, until I was done taking it only about a week after my final dose the urges came back worse than ever, and needless to say I started smoking again.

Now after 30 years of analogs I found vaping, and since the day I got my first ecig I haven't had nor wanted an analog. Almost a full month now smoke free.

And to think my doctor wanted to give the Chantix one more shot.....no thanks, I already have done enough damage to my health as is.

Look what you did! 30 years of smoking and it's over, finally. Big - HUGE congrats to you! Bravo.

JimmyG

Jun 25, 2011
GA low country
I made it 3 1/2 - 4 weeks on the Chantix script...I gotta say that the 2nd week totally nixed my desire for tobacco...about the 3rd week of bearing the stomach cramps stuff with water and food before, I began to want and smoke 1 or 2 cigs in the evenings especially with a brewsky...Being an artist, I didn't mind the nightmares and weird dreams at all...
I picked up my first e-cig (and my last pack of American spirit Blue) at the gas station discount cigarette store in an effort not to buy any more tobacco cigs...
Vaping and the ecig as substitute won out 2 weeks thereafter and graduating to 510 manual cartomizer and some good e-juice confirmed the no more analogs...

It seems the concensus is that, as long as there is a pack or several, or just a half pack of those nasty tobacco cigs stashed around ya, there will be a relapse to try smoke one...I had packs and part packs of tobacco cigs (and cigars) stashed all over the place...
And, if you're are a long time tobacco smoker and keep on " trial puffing" the analogs, another bout of bronchitis will be sure in your future....

I have just taken the step to trash all my remaining stashed tobacco products....gonna have a mini-bonfire of cigars tonight...

Oh that smell....!
(now that I can smell again...)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread