Chapman University bans smoking ans e-cigs; however...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Chapman University to go smoke-free

Another university in California banning smoking and e-cigarettes on campus is hardly newsworthy; however, the conclusion of the article is rather startling, at least to me.

"Other major health issues on college campuses nationwide include binge drinking and a record number of daily marijuana users, but Nudelman said those are problems better addressed through education, not policy."

:facepalm:

http://avierfjard.com/PDFs/Cognition/Drug Related/Comparative Effects of Alcohol and ......... on Mood, Memory, and Performance Pharmacology Biochemistry.pdf

"Alcohol and marijuana are two of the most widely used psychoactive drugs in the world. When used excessively or chronically, they represent a serious threat to public safety and health."

IOW, the two psychoactive drugs that cause cognitive impairment and thus are responsible for thousands of deaths and injuries among our students "are better addressed through education," while almost harmless e-cigarettes that help people quit smoking are being banned.

Can someone explain the reasoning behind this decision to me?

If you're as upset about this as I am, you may contact the writer:

Contact the writer: jchandler@ocregister.com and @jennakchandler on Twitter

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Chapman University to go smoke-free

Another university in California banning smoking and e-cigarettes on campus is hardly newsworthy; however, the conclusion of the article is rather startling, at least to me.

"Other major health issues on college campuses nationwide include binge drinking and a record number of daily ......... users, but Nudelman said those are problems better addressed through education, not policy."

:facepalm:

http://avierfjard.com/PDFs/Cognition/Drug Related/Comparative Effects of Alcohol and ......... on Mood, Memory, and Performance Pharmacology Biochemistry.pdf

"Alcohol and ......... are two of the most widely used psychoactive drugs in the world. When used excessively or chronically, they represent a serious threat to public safety and health."

IOW, the two psychoactive drugs that are responsible for thousands of deaths and injuries among our students "are better addressed through education," while almost harmless e-cigarettes that help people quit smoking are being banned.

Can someone explain the reasoning behind this decision to me?

Ummm.. they're idiots?

[Removed]

Andria

Last edited by a moderator:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Drug talk

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
College campii have been disfunctional since the 1960's and growing worse. :( Am hoping after the "baby boom" generation retires that the millenials are better.

I'm not so sure, choochoogranny... Nicotine has become public enemy number 1 in this country. :evil:

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
Gee, I wonder what ever happened to focusing on providing a quality education? I am so glad that I'm no longer in college with all the ridiculousness now days. In any event, if I were in college, I would just vape on--considering all the money they charge, they can just kiss my .....

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Oh, I know that--not a part of, but just as ridiculous as the California State or University System.

Just putting it out there for Anyone who might not Know.

Or understand that Chapman College does Not answer to the California State or University system.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Just to be Clear.

Chapman College is a Private College. And is Not part of the California State or University System.

Chapman University - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just to be clear--I never said that it was. :) Sorry if I wasn't clear.

That said, I got a response from the author of the article. She suggested that we contact Josh Nudelman directly: sgapresident@chapman.edu (his e-mail address is listed publicly on the university's website). He needs to be educated on the subject of e-cigs, methinks... :D

Meet Josh the millennial:

Josh Nudelman - Chapman - Phi Delta Theta Fraternity

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Just to be clear--I never said that it was. :) Sorry if I wasn't clear.

That said, I got a response from the author of the article. She suggested that we contact Josh Nudelman directly: sgapresident@chapman.edu (his e-mail address is listed publicly on the university's website). He needs to be educated on the subject of e-cigs, methinks... :D

Meet Josh the millennial:

Josh Nudelman - Chapman - Phi Delta Theta Fraternity

I don't think there was any Non-Clarity on your part Kat. It's just when Many People hear University, they assume it is part of the State University System.

:)

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
JOSH NUDELMAN – CHAPMAN
STUDENT GOVERNMENT ASSOC. PRESIDENT

Josh_Nudelman.jpg

Ladies he is not spoken for! :D

Woofer

Vaping Master