Charger for AW 16340/RCR123A LiFePO4

Status
Not open for further replies.

makasin

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2010
San Diego
Hey guys, I just got 2 sets of these batteries for my prodigy v3.1. I have 2 sets of the tenergies that I have used for a while now and have had no problems, but all this noise on the forum talking about the worse discharge characteristics of the tenergy batts made me decide to get the AW's. So far they are working well, probably a bit better than the Ten's when I continuously hold the button down. Anyways, I was wondering what chargers can be used for these guys. I also got the Ultrafire W-188 or whatever charger with the switchable 3.2/3.7 and current (300mah/650mah, could be wrong about those #s), but the thing kinda sucks. The problem is is that the charger doesnt really hold the batteries in very well, its got these really wimpy springs that dont have enough pressure, and the batteries sometimes move to the side, making them not charge. Also, on freshh batts, the green light almost immediately goes on, and flickers between green and red. Basically, can I use the Tenergy charger for these? Technically, it should work since the output current is 250mAh and voltage is 3.65V, which both sit right where the suggested charging parameters are for the AW's. All my searching says that it's not recommended, but has anybody actually tried? I want to use that charger because it's more compact and actually holds the batteries in well, making sure that they charge properly.

makasin

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2010
San Diego
I guess this thread is a bit irrelevant. I decided to just try using my tenergy battery charger instead of that POS ultrafire WF-188 I just bought. It's a shame it's such a crap charger. I spent 20 bucks on that garbage. Anyways, the tenergy charger works much better. It's designed for that form factor, holds the batteries in place, and charges pretty quick, maybe not as fast as the WF-188 but it's worth it. So for all you guys with a 6v mod and tenergy batteries who want to switch to the AW, I suggest keep using your charger. It's perfectly fine to do so. It's made for the same voltage, after all, and same current. The vaping experience so far has been pretty good. I never lose "strength" even when firing a carto for a good 5 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread