Charger's, BAT's, Compat's. Oh-My...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2011
SO. CAL
Tried finding info for quite a while before posting but couldn't find anything in particular to what I wanted to ask but did find some threads that gave me more to think about as far as charging these guys goes. Here we go...

1) Will this charger be compatible with AW BAT's? I'm abou tto purchase some 14500's and 18650's and want to make sure I get some info before thowing $ down.
12932745660.jpg
I bought some Grey 18650 2200Mah Trustfires and picked this charger up for them. They just seem to lose their "Ummph" too quick and need some BAT's that are consistent. I hear nothing but good things about the AW's and wanna try em out. If I didn't have to buy a new charger then hey... SWEET! If so I just wanna know what will get the job done.

3) How do these Bat's hold up in an Omega? Is it a tight fit or do I need to do anything like stretch the hot spring a bit? ATM I'm planning on using these in my Vmod XL and my Omega that should be here in a few days. Is there a better battery anyone would recommend for the Omega other then the AW series?

Any feedback would be great. Thanks:)

Last edited:

Coil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2011
SO. CAL
Thanks NIN freak. Yeah I was trying to delete the thread a minute ago after PM'n people and finally got the correct answer. (Same as Yours) I got a pretty good deal on em too. i looked for hours and could not find a thread to save my life okaying anything.

Thanks again for the heads up. NIN is one of my altime fav's btw!

Pretty Hate Machine FTW!

Fernand

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Californeea
I have a bunch of AW IMRs fo my Provari, as it's what they recommend. But the biggest capacity in IMR is 2000 mAh, and they aren't the longest lasting. They are designed for maximum amperage, and an 18650 is so beefy anyway, you don't need the IMR for e.g. a Vmod. The AW Protected ones have been thoroughly tested with results posted somewhere, and the winner at a typical vape drain was the AW protected 2600 mAh, lasts longer per charge than the 2900 and 3100. The various *fire batteries are low capacity and falsely labeled. I have two types of the red BRC "3000 mAh" and one type is closer to 800 mAh, the other (they are fatter) seems about 1200 mAh. I am very happy with the 2600 AW.

On chargers I use mostly this

http://www.dhgate.com/5pcs-lot-wf-1...i-ion/p-ff8080812ad1a563012ae1dd836c49a9.html

But these also look cheap and very versatile, I'm getting one:

HG-1412-W 4 Cell Li-Ion Charger

Coil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2011
SO. CAL
Wow. I'm kinda diggin that Orange Mad Vapes charger. It's got a couple mixed reviews but it says it's got an output of 1200mah! I wonder if the one review is faulty? If it could charge all 4 BAT's at one time at the same output then that would be fantastic. I might give it a shot. Thanks Fernand. Nice heads up

Here's his complaint on the charger:Only charges batteries to 4.1 volts. It could charge to 4.15 and still accomplish the same thing without loosing much capacity per charge. The charge rate of 1.2amps is split up between all 4 slots. If you are only charging one battery it will get charged at 1.2 amps. If charging 4 batteries they each will only get .3 amps. My only real complaint is it puts of this high pitched whine any time it is plugged in so it would be best to unplug if not using.

EDIT* I ended up getting some AMR's to check em out a few days ago. Still waiting on them though. I'll have to try out the protected style AMR's next order.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread