The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Charging Smoktech 510 carto battery?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by CaliforniaGirl, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. CaliforniaGirl

CaliforniaGirl Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    So I lost my instructions for my Smoktech 510 DC carto. :( I tried charging each of my batteries...the blue end blinked and blinked without stopping. Does this mean they're full? Anybody know about this? Thanks...

ETA: Okay, so I tried it again, the blue LED light at the end blinked about 20 times and now is not lit, the little LED light on the charger itself (plugged into comp) is red...hopefully it's charging?

2. D. Waterhouse

D. Waterhouse Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2009
    central WI USA
    Yep, red means charging. Remember not to use an ego charger on a 510, ego chargers put out too much power for the little 510 stick batteries.

3. WarHawk-AVG

WarHawk-AVG Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2013
    H-Town
    Also DO NOT hork down on the cartridges or charger it crushes the little rubber gasket under the center pin shorting the system

Hope that helps

Also...can you provide a link or pictures of the battery...is it an eGo type battery or a e-cig stick type battery?
    Something like this
    http://www.mtbakervapor.com/e-cig-starter-kits/smoktech-510-dc-manual-starter-kit/

P.S. The tiny center pin on the e-cig batteries have the same "crush" problem...get something to pry that pin up then GENTLY tighten it on to the charger and the cartridges on...snug em down lightly...don't crank em down

4. CaliforniaGirl

Sep 5, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thank you! Here is the one I'm using. :) I will check out that pin...I had it plugged in 7 hours overnight and the light is still red.

5. CaliforniaGirl

Sep 5, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks. :) No, it's actually on the charger it came with.

6. Relaxed5311

Relaxed5311 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2013
    Des Moines, IA, USA
    If its not charging it could have died too, sometimes that style of battery does not last long at all.

7. CaliforniaGirl

Sep 5, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    Well, the batteries are new. I just ordered a new charger. It's only a few bucks and perhaps it will help. Thanks, everyone!

8. Train2

Train2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    Shouldn't take that long, and it sounds like you're doing it right.
    COULD be the USB port you're using is underpowered?
    If you stick with 510's, you may want to get one of these, or what I really liked, was one of these (may seem expensive, but it's both parts in one).

9. CaliforniaGirl

Sep 5, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oh awesome, thanks for the recs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.