Not open for further replies.

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
Two questions:

1. My Provari usually starts blinking around 3.4 volts. If I unscrew the cap (completely) and screw it back in, I can get up to 4 hours more vaping time (moderate use) before it starts flashing again and then shows either 3.3 or 3.2 volts. Is there anything wrong with doing this? I think I remember reading somewhere that Li-mn batteries do not have a memory?

2. When I pull my batteries off the charger, they measure exactly 4.20 volts with a Fluke multimeter. At what voltage would it be ok to put one on the charger before the flashing light? Let's say I need both batteries fully charged in the morning for an all day trip, and the night before one battery reads at 3.6 or 3.7 volts, is it ok to put it on charge?

I am using a TR-001 charger which I always remove the battery once it show a full charge.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Safe operating range is 4.2-3.2 volts. I dunno where y'all came up with 3.5?

Yes, you can charge the batts whenever you want. They have no memory.

It may be "Safe" to drain this type of Battery down to 3.2 volts. But from what people tell me who have Knowlage of Batteries, repeated discharging this type of battery to that level Will Shorten it's Lifespan Significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread