Charging the itaste mvp 2.o - wall adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

beebz

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2014
New Vienna Ohio
Hello guys and gals. I just received my itaste and its time to charge. Puffed it for a day and a half. It came with the usb but not the wall adapter. altsmoke yesterday sold me this. (in person ) I explained exactly what I wanted and they said "this is it".
Your Online Electronic Cigarette Store

Its working of course, but I noticed the wall adapter is hot hot hot. The itaste is not hot. I charged many an ego, including a 1600 mah vision spinner 2 and never had a wall adapter that got this hot, at all. The last wall adapter I had was an original Tsunami from my first ego.
Comments?
As soon as I come up for air in my private life, I NEED to go online and get the itaste wall adapter, which they sell, for only $4 something and change, amongst other things. I am just OCD with having the manufacturer name on the product I am using it for even tho other things work.
Comments please. Many thanks as always.
~Barbara~

beebz

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2014
New Vienna Ohio
Hi Barbara. That charger should be fine to use with the iTaste MVP's charger, however it shouldn't get "hot hot hot". That's a red flag.

It could be a defective USB wall adaptor. Call the store and talk to the store manager.
oooo lookie here Mr bad tittude haha the "natti" is where I got the charger, eastgate.
At any rate, I need to define hot- - hot hot- - and hot hot hot - - . I think its hot. But NOT hot hot hot. Just hotter than I'm used to. Tsunami never did that. I felt it shortly after I wrote that post and hmmmm, it wasn't as hot. Just mildly warm. Gonna check it again in a sec. The time it takes me to write this, I could order the itaste wall adapter but I need many other things and want to do it in one fell swoop.
I must say, I NEVER leave my charging toys unattended. If I sleep or leave they are unplugged. Safety first.
Regards Mr titude ~Barbara~

beebz

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2014
New Vienna Ohio
I don't know the answer to your question, but I wanted to say I love your pic. That is so true!

oh "tidegirl", this life of mine would be better than a soap. Anymore, my pic, is dang true and I wish it weren't.
I will survive !
I do love it too and thanks !
Sunshine and happiness to you ~Barbara~

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
the manual for the mvp 2.0 states you need a 500mah capable usb adapter.

it also states that the 2600mah battery inside the mvp 2.0 will charge with the included charger in about 2.5 hours.

if one does the math, that 500mah usb adapter they're suggesting is only about half of what is needed. 500mah is under rated for the mvp 2.0.

i suggest a 1000mah usb adapter as a minimum. more won't hurt, but less is a risk.

1000 mah equates to 1 amp. just so happens innokin sells a wall wart specifically for the mvp that's 1 amp rated... iTaste MVP 2.0 Wall Charger

please replace that wall wart as soon as you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread