Charging vape with phone charger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kjep

Apr 3, 2019
Hi, I'm not very smart with electronics so I'm asking for your help. Might be a stupid one, but better to be safe. So I've been vaping for a few months now and always charged my vape with the USB cable from my laptop ( I have iJust 3 ) . So the thing is that I'll soon a take a vacation, and I'm not gone take my laptop with me , just to charge my vape, So I'm wondering if I can charge it with my phone charger, I have 2 different phone chargers, One is with Output - 5V=1500mA , and other one is with Output - 5.0V=1000mA, So can I use any of them to charge my vape from wall socket? The iJust 3 apparently has some sort if charging safety features, and looking up on google, a lot of people are saying that u can charge it, but to be safe, I rather ask here.

:)

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
It should be fine - I think the important bit is 5V. The iJust will only take the current (mA) it needs.

I sometimes use a 5V 2A charger and it doesn't seem to cause problems.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong!
You are correct, the device will draw what it needs. Using a 2A charger is actually better IMO, even if the device doesn't draw 2A. If you draw the max current (or higher) from a charger, then you are stressing it.

All of my plug in adapters these days are 2A.

Kjep

Apr 3, 2019
You are correct, the device will draw what it needs. Using a 2A charger is actually better IMO, even if the device doesn't draw 2A. If you draw the max current (or higher) from a charger, then you are stressing it.

All of my plug in adapters these days are 2A.
So I should be fine with 5V=1500mA charger, It's a sony fast charger btw.
Thanks everyone for fast respond.
But I'll definitely watch it so it doesn't overheat.

Reactions: score69

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
So I should be fine with 5V=1500mA charger, It's a sony fast charger btw.
Thanks everyone for fast respond.
But I'll definitely watch it so it doesn't overheat.
totally fine, as others told, be sure the surface, and also, a fresh place would be another thing to consider, i always charge my batteries close by a fan at my office desk...

Regards,

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
The iJust 3 apparently has some sort if charging safety features, and looking up on google, a lot of people are saying that u can charge it, but to be safe, I rather ask here.
Welcome and glad you joined.
I would not risk it, might want to call Los Angles and ask:
factory rep.--- 1 855-569-3168 ( phone option #2-wholesale)
Eleaf USA | E-Cigarette | E-Liquid | Vaporizer

Reactions: greek mule
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread