Charities and Sympathetic Health Organizations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
Back in May, I was surprised to see that a number of groups that I would have assumed would support e-cigarettes - didn't. The American Lung Association, along with the American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network, the American Heart Association and the Campaign for tobacco-Free Kids all called for their removal from the market.

Are there any e-cig friendly charities or health groups who have come forward as having the "ability to listen" to the medical studies and research done on behalf of our cause?

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Hi Elaine,

Please pardon our delayed response to your query. You have permission to use anything on http://www.drugpolicy.org which was written by our staff providing clear and proper attribution is included. Generally these materials include news summaries, press releases, research briefs, fact sheets and anything without a clear author byline. We cannot, however, grant permission to reprint any materials that indicate they are copyright protected, such as journal articles, books or news articles as we do not own the copyright. Thus, you may wish to confer with the publisher of Intl. Journal of Drug Policy, since this journal is not published by our organization.

And congratulations on the establishment of your organization!. It certainly appears that we have a great deal in common. Please don’t hesitate to contact me anytime if you have ideas for how our organizations could collaborate.

All the best,
Jag

Jag Davies | Publications Manager
Drug Policy Alliance
www.drugpolicy.org

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
I tried searching in that but didn't find one thing about e-cigs....

maybe I'm missing something.

Do the search for "tobacco harm reduction." They are in favor of THR, and several folks that are in favor of THR (such as Dr. Seigel, Dr. Rodu, and Dr. Phillips) have looked at e-cigarettes/PVs and see them as a promising THR tool. So what Drug Policy Alliance told me is that they are willing to take a look and to talk to us. And that's the name of this sub-forum: Organizations with the ability to listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread