Charlie's review of the Alpha-Zip maat Kit by Voopoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Charlie's review of the Alpha-Zip maat Kit by Voopoo.

Hi again guys :) Well 2 reviews in one day so it's all go here in France! As always I was sent this Alpha-Zip maat Kit through for review by Thea at Voopoo but this will in no way effect my opinions of the good and bad I find after testing....:)

The Alpha-Zip MAAT Kit comes with the Alpha Zip 180w Mod, MAAT tank (4ml), MT-M1 coil (0.13Ohms), MT-M2 coil (0.2ohms), Glass tube (2ml), sealing O rings (5), USB cable, User manual, Genie chip card and Warranty card.

20190419_121303-jpg.810327

20190419_121314-jpg.810329

And here is the very nice looking mod....

20190419_121528-jpg.810331

What appears to be scratches in the picture above is actually little blemishes in the protective film which covers the design. The design is found on both sides which I know some of you will welcome as it was often a complaint concerning the Drag that the resin panel was only on one side. The Alpha-Zip 180w Mod comes in a number of different colours pictured below...

colours-alpha-jpg.810333

I was sent the checkerboard style but I think my favourite here is the Glory style :)

20190419_121717-jpg.810335

The Alpha-Zip is made from what looks to be either stainless steel or a zinc alloy with an applied design on either side. The Alpha form factor is very different to the drage and has similarities with mods such as the paranormal and others. The moulded design is also formed in the casing moulding process and is integral. The mod measures 52mm x 26/7mm x 85mm approx.

The display is slightly bigger than on the Drag series and the simple interface is bright and easy to read...I'm not sure if the icons on screen are actually bigger but the screen dimension definitely is....however I think so.

The Alpha-Zip kit is ready to go with the included MAAT tank and it also comes with a replacement coil. Both the coils are drop-in which is a feature of the new flavorful MAAT tank which I reviewed here...

Charlie's review of the MAAT sub-ohm tank by Voopoo.

20190419_122359-jpg.810337

The Genie chip is installed and appears to be exactly the same as previous models in functionality....it has the fit modes 1,2, and 3 and temperature control and is a very simple interface in use...this is becoming a staple combination for the Voopoo line up :) I'm not going to go into further details about the Genie Chip as I have covered it elsewhere and it has also been covered extensively by other reviewers.

20190419_121808-jpg.810339

20190419_121842-jpg.810341

20190419_122334-jpg.810345

20190419_121914-jpg.810343

Well the Alpha-Zip mod has 3 watts more to use than the Drag range at 180 which is not really any noticeable difference and it's worth is just in its styling and form factor for customers. It is a dual 18650 mod just like the Drag line and has the same chip. Whether you buy the Alpha-Zip Kit or not will come down to your personal preference regarding the design. I personally prefer the Drag line but many will prefer this one no doubt.

Conclusions

Well I think i've covered everything that was pertinent here and there isn't a lot more to say about it really. Would I recommend it? Well yes I would but only in the sense that the Voopoo brand tends to make good solid devices. I have a lot of their devices and I have not had any trouble yet :)

In the end this is just a matter of form factor and taste...i would suggest that you buy only if you prefer it over the Drag. Of course, this might change with the Pod that is coming and you may prefer the alpha pod to the drag series pod...but heey that's a different story. There will be a review coming for those when there available on pre-release :)

As always thanks for reading and I hope that this review helps you with your choice when buying a Voopoo product. Thank you also to Thea at Voopoo who sent this through for review.

Happy Easter and i'll see you next time :)

• Winner
Reactions: Skeebo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread