Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Charlie's review of the Drag 2 Platinum version by Voopoo

Hi guys and hope everyone is doing well on this fine Easter Saturday? As always the disclaimer...Voopoo has sent me this device for the purposes of this review but it will in no way affect my opinion or reporting, whether good or bad :)

The Drag 2 Platinum is manufactured completely in Stainless Steel except for the resin panel on one side which is something that Voopoo are well known for. It is a dual 18650 mod which is fitted with Voopoo's own proprietary board the Genie Chip. It fires up to a maximum of 177 watts.
20190419_122818-jpg.810291
20190419_122639-jpg.810295
20190419_121410-jpg.810287

The box contains a Voopoo Drag 2 Platinum, a USB, a Genie chip card, a user manual and warranty card.

The Genie chip has exactly the same interface as the Drag 2 so you have the standard wattage mode, the 3 pre-programmed fit modes and the usual temperature control settings. It's 5 clicks to swwitch the device on and off and then a further 3 clicks brings you to Fit mode. A further 3 clicks in fit mode takes you into TC and directly to your wire choice settings. Fit mode has various different boost settings according to your preference in 1,2, and 3. For me I never use it as I prefer wattage mode. TC works reasonably well but I have only tried stainless steel 316 so far.

20190419_122841-jpg.810293

20190419_122845-jpg.810305

20190419_122850-jpg.810307

The stainless steel construction is polished to a mirror finish which is definitely going to be a finger print magnet but at the same time is extremely beautiful. There is essentially not much difference between the Drag 2 Platinum and the Drag 2 except for its beauty and for this aspect Voopoo have excelled. Definitely a mod that you want to buy as a gift for your wife or girlfriend and also if you like the range yourself. It's a snazzy little mod and as we know iit has great functionality. Here it is below pictured with the new MAAT tank which I have already reviewed here...

Charlie's review of the MAAT sub-ohm tank by Voopoo.

20190419_123027-jpg.810309

The 510 on the device sits very slightly proud as on the others which I know some people don't like but for me it is a good idea as it protects the finish from atomiser scratches. And it is hardly noticeable when a tank is screwed on fully.

Conclusions.

Do I recommend this mod? Absolutely I do especially if it's your first one and you want some thing with a well machined finish. There is not a lot of difference between the Drag 2 Platinum and its predecessors so it will be your call if you want to add it to your existing Drag 2/Drag 1. The resin is very nice as always and comes in a range of colours...

colours-plat-jpg.810313

A slightly different range of colours than before so that's a plus.

Definitely recommend if you are and existing or new customer who wants to buy a proven form factor with its own Genie chip and well machined device.

Voopoo are a brand to watch as time goes by.

I hope you enjoyed this review and as always thank you for reading and thanks also to Thea at Voopoo for sending me this Drag 2 Platinum for review. As always if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask in this thread.

A very happy Easter to you all :)

Reactions: Skeebo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread