Charlie's review of the Find S APV Mod with the Uforce T2 Tank by Voopoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Hello again guys and I hope everyone is well. Today we're going to review the Find S APV 120 watt mod and Uforce T2 tank by Voopoo.

As always thanks to Thea at Voopoo marketing for sending this through free to review and of course you guys for supporting my reviews and...well just for being genuinely nice people :)

The Find S comes in a nicely done box and in side you get the following items...

1 x Find S 120w mod.
1 x Uforce T2 Tank (5ml).
1 x Uforce P2 0.6 ohm coil.
1 x Uforce N3 0.2 ohm coil.
1 x Spare glass straight tube.
6 x sealing o-rings.
1 x USB cable.
1 x User manual.
1 x Genie chip card.
1 x Warranty card.

I have reviewed the Uforce T2 tank before so I am only going to touch upon the basics and this review will be mainly about the Find S 120 watt mod.. Ok let's kick off with some photos...

20190704_103347.jpg

20190704_103450.jpg

The find S is a very light mod for its size and capacity. It contains a 4400 mah built in battery with a POM plastic shell which has a non detachable lanyard fasten to the side opposite the screen and controls. It contains a fully functional Genie Chip which we know quite well by now. I feel it necessary to point out here that Voopoo are particularly good at finding something that works well and then sticking with it. There information states that there is a downloadable software which allows adjustments withing the Genie chips software. You need to go to the Voopoo website and then service and then click on the Find S mod and scroll down and you will find all the downloadable files for the device including the software V1.0.0.1 which allows you to alter setting to suit your vaping style. I haven't tested the software yet but if it works in a similar way too Escribe for the DNA chips then it will be a huge plus, making the Voopoo devices much more attractive to purchase when choices are in front of you.

Ok...EDIT. I have just downloaded and tried out the software and it's very good and fully customisable. I really like to have this feature on my Chips.

20190704_103514.jpg

20190704_103807.jpg

To use the device press the fire button five times quickly to turn the device on or off and press the fire button three times quickly to enter the 'switch modes' interface. The default modes are Fit mode, Power mode and Temperature control mode and use the + and - buttons to navigate and then the power button again to select the chosen function.

Pressing the fire button and +simultaneously will lock and unlock the device and pressing fire and - will change the screen orientation.

The default power mode will be selected on first use and the wattage can be adjusted from 5 watts up to 120 watts.

If you select temperature control mode you will have 3 types of wire available initially and those are SS, Ni, Ti but the device does support 2 more which are NC and TC. When in temperature control mode adjustments to wattage can be made by pressing the fire button four times and then W will be flashing + and - will adjust the wattage between 5w and 80w.

In FIT mode you have a choice of 1, 2 or 3 and they relate to different kinds of boost and preheat parameters which are factory set.

There are also 5 presets available which are completely adjustable so the user can customise his own power curves for different scenarios to make it really easy to switch between them, when changing from a tank to an RDA for example :)

There are the usual on screen warnings such as...

Time out New coil/old coil Check Battery Atomiser short Check atomiser and last but not least High temperature. This will tell you that your coil has reached the desired TC set rating and will not fire further until the coil cools down.

As I said i'm not going into details for the Uforce T2 but will just reiterate a few things. The coils are simple to replace by unscrewing the base with the tank upside down and then unscrewing the coil and screwing back on the new replacement. Filling is accomplished by the well known Voopoo sliding top cap which simply slide away from you with a firm press of the thumb exposing the kidney shaped filling port.

Ok that was a very brief overview of the interface and controls and we will now have a few more photographs before I reach my conclusions for this device.

20190704_103835.jpg

20190704_104415.jpg

Conclusions and thoughts.

So what do I think of this device? Well despite the fact that there are some things that I don't like including the lanyard and the fact that it has a built in battery, I actually think this is a fabulous mod. The Genie chip has been very well designed and developed and now with the presence of a fully customisable interface via the software package the chip can be customised to your hearts content. This will particularly of interest to those who like to use temperature control as the fully customisable experience can mitigate the temperature sensing misreads that can be a feature of other TC software.

Of course most of the adjustments can be made using the buttons and screen on the mod but if you're anything like me you will be straight onto the Voopoo website to download the software so that you can adjust via a big screen. Of course they are also elements that you can't adjust without the software such as the welcome screen etc :)

I have also tested my other Voopoo products and the software works with the Drag range of mods but it wouldn't load any information about the pod I reviewed earlier. I would guess that the software will work with most of the fully adjustable Genie Chips which are installed in many of Voopoo's devices.

So Charlie....should I get one?

Well yes if you can work with the in built battery and lanyard and you like a fully functional and customisable experience. This also gives a reasonably inexpensive solution to anyone that enjoys adjustments via their computer. As Far as I know there are only three chip manufactures that use customisable software and those are the expensive DNA chip, the chip that will run Arctic Fox and now the Genie Chip.

I must confess i'm a bit excited to have discovered the software for the Genie chips and it will probably give me many hours of excuses to be at my computer making serious adjustments and running maintenance tasks :)

As always thank you again very much Thea for supplying this new Find S APV Mod for review and of course to you guys for taking the time to read through my ramblings :)

I hope that it has been useful to you and i'm also going to stick my neck out and suggest that the genie chip will become more and more popular in the future.

Cheers guys...Charlie.

Attachments

• 20190704_103623.jpg
    20190704_103623.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
  • 20190704_103712.jpg
    20190704_103712.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
  • 20190704_103832.jpg
    20190704_103832.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • 20190704_104420.jpg
    20190704_104420.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Hello again guys and I hope everyone is well. Today we're going to review the Find S APV 120 watt mod and Uforce T2 tank by Voopoo.

As always thanks to Thea at Voopoo marketing for sending this through free to review and of course you guys for supporting my reviews and...well just for being genuinely nice people :)

The Find S comes in a nicely done box and in side you get the following items...

1 x Find S 120w mod.
6 x sealing o-rings.
1 x USB cable.
1 x User manual.
1 x Genie chip card.
1 x Warranty card.

I have reviewed the Uforce T2 tank before so I am only going to touch upon the basics and this review will be mainly about the Find S 120 watt mod.. Ok let's kick off with some photos...

20190704_103347-jpg.824911

20190704_103450-jpg.824913

The find S is a very light mod for its size and capacity. It contains a 4400 mah built in battery with a POM plastic shell which has a non detachable lanyard fasten to the side opposite the screen and controls. It contains a fully functional Genie Chip which we know quite well by now. I feel it necessary to point out here that Voopoo are particularly good at finding something that works well and then sticking with it. There information states that there is a downloadable software which allows adjustments withing the Genie chips software. You need to go to the Voopoo website and then service and then click on the Find S mod and scroll down and you will find all the downloadable files for the device including the software V1.0.0.1 which allows you to alter setting to suit your vaping style. I haven't tested the software yet but if it works in a similar way too Escribe for the DNA chips then it will be a huge plus, making the Voopoo devices much more attractive to purchase when choices are in front of you.

Ok...EDIT. I have just downloaded and tried out the software and it's very good and fully customisable. I really like to have this feature on my Chips.

20190704_103514-jpg.824915

20190704_103807-jpg.824921

To use the device press the fire button five times quickly to turn the device on or off and press the fire button three times quickly to enter the 'switch modes' interface. The default modes are Fit mode, Power mode and Temperature control mode and use the + and - buttons to navigate and then the power button again to select the chosen function.

Pressing the fire button and +simultaneously will lock and unlock the device and pressing fire and - will change the screen orientation.

The default power mode will be selected on first use and the wattage can be adjusted from 5 watts up to 120 watts.

If you select temperature control mode you will have 3 types of wire available initially and those are SS, Ni, Ti but the device does support 2 more which are NC and TC. When in temperature control mode adjustments to wattage can be made by pressing the fire button four times and then W will be flashing + and - will adjust the wattage between 5w and 80w.

In FIT mode you have a choice of 1, 2 or 3 and they relate to different kinds of boost and preheat parameters which are factory set.

There are also 5 presets available which are completely adjustable so the user can customise his own power curves for different scenarios to make it really easy to switch between them, when changing from a tank to an RDA for example :)

Time out New coil/old coil Check Battery Atomiser short Check atomiser and last but not least High temperature. This will tell you that your coil has reached the desired TC set rating and will not fire further until the coil cools down.

As I said i'm not going into details for the Uforce T2 but will just reiterate a few things. The coils are simple to replace by unscrewing the base with the tank upside down and then unscrewing the coil and screwing back on the new replacement. Filling is accomplished by the well known Voopoo sliding top cap which simply slide away from you with a firm press of the thumb exposing the kidney shaped filling port.

Ok that was a very brief overview of the interface and controls and we will now have a few more photographs before I reach my conclusions for this device.

20190704_103835-jpg.824925

20190704_104415-jpg.824927

So what do I think of this device? Well despite the fact that there are some things that I don't like including the lanyard and the fact that it has a built in battery, I actually think this is a fabulous mod. The Genie chip has been very well designed and developed and now with the presence of a fully customisable interface via the software package the chip can be customised to your hearts content. This will particularly of interest to those who like to use temperature control as the fully customisable experience can mitigate the temperature sensing misreads that can be a feature of other TC software.

Of course most of the adjustments can be made using the buttons and screen on the mod but if you're anything like me you will be straight onto the Voopoo website to download the software so that you can adjust via a big screen. Of course they are also elements that you can't adjust without the software such as the welcome screen etc :)

I have also tested my other Voopoo products and the software works with the Drag range of mods but it wouldn't load any information about the pod I reviewed earlier. I would guess that the software will work with most of the fully adjustable Genie Chips which are installed in many of Voopoo's devices.

Well yes if you can work with the in built battery and lanyard and you like a fully functional and customisable experience. This also gives a reasonably inexpensive solution to anyone that enjoys adjustments via their computer. As Far as I know there are only three chip manufactures that use customisable software and those are the expensive DNA chip, the chip that will run Arctic Fox and now the Genie Chip.

I must confess i'm a bit excited to have discovered the software for the Genie chips and it will probably give me many hours of excuses to be at my computer making serious adjustments and running maintenance tasks :)

As always thank you again very much Thea for supplying this new Find S APV Mod for review and of course to you guys for taking the time to read through my ramblings :)

I hope that it has been useful to you and i'm also going to stick my neck out and suggest that the genie chip will become more and more popular in the future.

Cheers guys...Charlie.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014

1 x Find S 120w mod.
6 x sealing o-rings.
1 x USB cable.
1 x User manual.
1 x Genie chip card.
1 x Warranty card.

20190704_103347-jpg.824911

20190704_103450-jpg.824913

20190704_103514-jpg.824915

20190704_103807-jpg.824921

20190704_103835-jpg.824925

20190704_104415-jpg.824927

Cheers guys...Charlie.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Thanks on an excellent review Charlie. I do have two questions. First, what are those NC and TC functions for under Temp control (outside the Ni, Ti, SS). Second, the software you're referring to is just for customization of the UI, or does it allow you to real time measure temp, wattage, etc, with a real time graph of behavior like eScribe offers and even Arctic Fox? That functionality would be a big deal rather than just arranging and customizing the the screens and entering presets, without seeing how the presets actually perform.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Thanks on an excellent review Charlie. I do have two questions. First, what are those NC and TC functions for under Temp control (outside the Ni, Ti, SS). Second, the software you're referring to is just for customization of the UI, or does it allow you to real time measure temp, wattage, etc, with a real time graph of behavior like eScribe offers and even Arctic Fox? That functionality would be a big deal rather than just arranging and customizing the the screens and entering presets, without seeing how the presets actually perform.
Hi Eskie ...i'm sorry if it was confusing but the NC and TC are two other TC settings... Nickel Chromium and T C is Voopoo's way of saying TCR (big plus). To be honest i'm not sure and I will ask Voopoo....the T coefficient for NC is set at 400 if that helps. :)

As far as I am aware the software does not allow for real time measurements. However regular updates are being put out so it is something which could be requested if the chip supports it.....still a major plus point in my book if only that I don't have to fight with a tiny screen.

It does have the preset modes M1 to M5 so an adjustment made here on the mod would show up in the software but whether it would do it in real time.....probably not.

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
So they're claiming TC with Ni80? That's pretty bold. And those TCR values Voopoo offers are never the real TCR as actually reported. It's done sorta their own scale so fior example SS 316L has a TCR of 92 (really 0.00092 but I might be missing a 0, but obviously it's simplified down to 92) but their TCR would be something like 700. I think someone worked out a rough table to use for conversion but I never understood why Voopoo did that.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
So they're claiming TC with Ni80? That's pretty bold. And those TCR values Voopoo offers are never the real TCR as actually reported. It's done sorta their own scale so fior example SS 316L has a TCR of 92 (really 0.00092 but I might be missing a 0, but obviously it's simplified down to 92) but their TCR would be something like 700. I think someone worked out a rough table to use for conversion but I never understood why Voopoo did that.
No...i'm really not sure. They are only claiming NC. I've asked Thea the question and i'll repost here when I get an answer....Nickel chromium was all I could think of :)

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Eskie here's a screenshot of the program interface showing the default temperature coefficients for the various values....I don't pretend to be knowledgeable here as it's only recently that i've been getting a handle on how TC works :)
TC interface.JPG

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'll be curious what they come back with. Ni80 has a TCR almost as low as Kanthal so TC on that is, outside of what Hohm uses to claim with FSK chop, impossible to do TC with. Maybe it's some sort of second TCR slot so you could set one for say 316L and another for SS 430. But I do wish they would adopt the standard TCR values the rest of the world uses.

Still an interesting device although I don't think that strap would fit my wrist. Too bad it's not removable. Otherwise with the plastic case it could be a nice out and about mod.

Edit just saw your screenshot. I have no idea from that what NC is either. I guess just a 5th customization slot.

• Agree
Reactions: charlie1465

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
I'll be curious what they come back with. Ni80 has a TCR almost as low as Kanthal so TC on that is, outside of what Hohm uses to claim with FSK chop, impossible to do TC with. Maybe it's some sort of second TCR slot so you could set one for say 316L and another for SS 430. But I do wish they would adopt the standard TCR values the rest of the world uses.

Still an interesting device although I don't think that strap would fit my wrist. Too bad it's not removable. Otherwise with the plastic case it could be a nice out and about mod.
And the plus is that the software works on all the adjustable devices built after September 2018....so the drags are supported too....my drag 2 works with it and i'm sure that was before september 2018.....I could be wrong though??

The strap connection is under a little moulded part of the casing so detaching it doesn't seem possible :) I agree though it would be good for out and about...it's very light too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread