The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Charon TC by Smoant

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by Tpat591, Apr 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Anthony_Vapes

Anthony_Vapes Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2017
    Dam auto correct lol "used it in a bit"

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  2. Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2015
    Texas
    Got it figured out with Deuces help, + and then fire to adjust the watts. I thought I had tried that, but think my timing pressing the buttons was off...lol

• Like Like x 4
  3. Letitia

Letitia Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Just received my Charon & am very happy to report a responsive fire button. Was so relieved! No lag at all. Wasn't sure if I would like raised fire button & I'm finding it comfortable to use. TC working well. Only had it about an hour and believe I will be quite pleased with my purchase.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Chodi

Chodi Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 10, 2016
    Had mine for nearly two months and I am still waiting for the promised "upgrade firmware" that would make all the functions in the menu operable. I like the mod very much and it is a smashing good buy when you consider the price of DNA mods but a promise is a promise. If they were not going to really offer the upgrade they should not be listing the product as upgradeable.

• Like Like x 1
  5. madstabber

madstabber Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Just out of curiosity, what problems are you hoping to see addressed with an upgrade? Thanks for any info you're willing to share. I understand your frustration, the mod companies seem to just jump to the next mod when they should be providing support on existing products. They need to slow down and breathe. Although I am a fan of Smoant after using the Battlestar for the past 6 minutes months. I'd like to see them approving on existing products and working out all kinks, that way the name Smoant will be synonymous with quality. As opposed to companies like wisemec who crank out the next best thing and it's falling apart in your hands, but hey it can tc, and fire up to 499 watts. Who needs a 510 pin to be secured to the mod when it looks so cool and can do all the best new features. Oh yea.....I do

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chodi

Sep 10, 2016
    There are two functions in the menu that do nothing and were promised to be addressed in the coming upgrade. If they did not intend to fix that they should have removed the functions from the menu. I am very positive about the product as I own two of them. I just am tired of manufacturers making promised upgrades that don't come. Even today on their own website they feature the fact that the product is upgradable as a feature of their new chip. In my own use I rarely use tc and I don't even know if I would use those upgrades if they were to occur. It is more of a trust thing between the consumer and the manufacturer.

• Like Like x 2
  7. tmcase

tmcase ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Rave's neighbor!
    I totally agree. I love my Charon but I wouldn't recommend a Smoant product because of this (so far) false promise.

8. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    While I am disappointed that Smoant are not stepping up & providing update, I would recommend the mod. For the price point still worth purchase IMO.

9. louiesquared

louiesquared Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2015
    Los Angeles
    According to smoant_official on reddit earlier today....

"Also, the Charon TC software is still on schedule for release this week. I already have the beta version out to a select few members of this forum for final testing. Thank you everyone for your patience!"

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chodi

Sep 10, 2016
    I still find it extremely strange that a manufacturer would use reddit as their chosen forum to dispense news. Since I never look at reddit would tou please link the comment you reference on reddit so I may view it?

11. Anthony_Vapes

Jan 23, 2017
    I have the firmware. Gonna test it soon

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

12. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I tried reddit & didn't really care for it. ECF is much better. Smoant Facebook posted on 23rd website would be publishing firmware guide in 10 days.

• Like Like x 1
  13. louiesquared

louiesquared Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Reddit gets a lot of traffic so I can see why they use it.

[Smoant] Charon TS color option finalists • r/electronic_cigarette

14. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Ordered Charon Adjustable last night. Anyone have it yet? Like the tc version so much, & fasttech had it on sale for 36.00. Decided why not. Simplicity appeals to me.

15. Anthony_Vapes

Jan 23, 2017
    Software works. it's a little "basic" but it's pretty simple and easy to use.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    1st time using tcr. 430ss single fused clapton. Set .00138. I do still lock resistance, right?

17. Anthony_Vapes

Jan 23, 2017
    Outside of yihi chips over never had to lock resistance on any mod off the top of my head. No need to on the charon. I don't even think it has a lock resistance. Can't remember though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Has resistance lock. Went ahead and locked it. I'll unlock. Haven't done much tc. If it was 316ss wouldn't have bothered with tcr. Excellent vape.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    P.S. thanks for answering.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Anthony_Vapes

Jan 23, 2017
    Cool. Thanks for the info. Hard to remember all the stuff in every mod I use lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.