Not open for further replies.

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
You can change watts in temp control. IIRC 4 clicks

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Got it figured out with Deuces help, + and then fire to adjust the watts. I thought I had tried that, but think my timing pressing the buttons was off...lol

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Just received my Charon & am very happy to report a responsive fire button. Was so relieved! No lag at all. Wasn't sure if I would like raised fire button & I'm finding it comfortable to use. TC working well. Only had it about an hour and believe I will be quite pleased with my purchase.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Had mine for nearly two months and I am still waiting for the promised "upgrade firmware" that would make all the functions in the menu operable. I like the mod very much and it is a smashing good buy when you consider the price of dna mods but a promise is a promise. If they were not going to really offer the upgrade they should not be listing the product as upgradeable.

Reactions: tmcase

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Had mine for nearly two months and I am still waiting for the promised "upgrade firmware" that would make all the functions in the menu operable. I like the mod very much and it is a smashing good buy when you consider the price of DNA mods but a promise is a promise. If they were not going to really offer the upgrade they should not be listing the product as upgradeable.
Just out of curiosity, what problems are you hoping to see addressed with an upgrade? Thanks for any info you're willing to share. I understand your frustration, the mod companies seem to just jump to the next mod when they should be providing support on existing products. They need to slow down and breathe. Although I am a fan of Smoant after using the Battlestar for the past 6 minutes months. I'd like to see them approving on existing products and working out all kinks, that way the name Smoant will be synonymous with quality. As opposed to companies like wisemec who crank out the next best thing and it's falling apart in your hands, but hey it can tc, and fire up to 499 watts. Who needs a 510 pin to be secured to the mod when it looks so cool and can do all the best new features. Oh yea.....I do

Reactions: Letitia

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
There are two functions in the menu that do nothing and were promised to be addressed in the coming upgrade. If they did not intend to fix that they should have removed the functions from the menu. I am very positive about the product as I own two of them. I just am tired of manufacturers making promised upgrades that don't come. Even today on their own website they feature the fact that the product is upgradable as a feature of their new chip. In my own use I rarely use tc and I don't even know if I would use those upgrades if they were to occur. It is more of a trust thing between the consumer and the manufacturer.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
There are two functions in the menu that do nothing and were promised to be addressed in the coming upgrade. If they did not intend to fix that they should have removed the functions from the menu. I am very positive about the product as I own two of them. I just am tired of manufacturers making promised upgrades that don't come. Even today on their own website they feature the fact that the product is upgradable as a feature of their new chip. In my own use I rarely use tc and I don't even know if I would use those upgrades if they were to occur. It is more of a trust thing between the consumer and the manufacturer.
I totally agree. I love my Charon but I wouldn't recommend a Smoant product because of this (so far) false promise.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
According to smoant_official on reddit earlier today....

"Also, the Charon TC software is still on schedule for release this week. I already have the beta version out to a select few members of this forum for final testing. Thank you everyone for your patience!"

I still find it extremely strange that a manufacturer would use reddit as their chosen forum to dispense news. Since I never look at reddit would tou please link the comment you reference on reddit so I may view it?

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
I still find it extremely strange that a manufacturer would use reddit as their chosen forum to dispense news. Since I never look at reddit would tou please link the comment you reference on reddit so I may view it?
I have the firmware. Gonna test it soon

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

louiesquared

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2015
Los Angeles

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
1st time using tcr. 430ss single fused clapton. Set .00138. I do still lock resistance, right?

Outside of yihi chips over never had to lock resistance on any mod off the top of my head. No need to on the charon. I don't even think it has a lock resistance. Can't remember though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread