Charon TC by Smoant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Have they ever stated what exactly is addressed in their firmware upgrade? I cannot find and specific information. They did not even post a link or instructions on their website. They require that the user send them an email request to get the firmware? Rather strange.

There was no firmware upgrade yet. They just released the software to program the curve modes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Letitia

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
W
There was no firmware upgrade yet. They just released the software to program the curve modes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What exactly is the curves mode? Does that have anything to do with preheat? Do you have a link to this software? I can't find anything about firmware or software on their website and I don't do FB.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
W

What exactly is the curves mode? Does that have anything to do with preheat? Do you have a link to this software? I can't find anything about firmware or software on their website and I don't do FB.
I guess you can call it like a preheat. it allows you to set watts in time intervals. so for example 65 watts for 2 seconds, 60 watts for 2 seconds, 5 watts for 2 seconds etc.

software: Bear_Army_Charon_v1.0.0-beta.txt

Manual: charon TC 218 firmware user manual v2.pdf

The mode always existed on the mod since launch, we just nevr had the software to program it

It's a nice looking mod. The fit could be better as the battery door doesn't always set correctly and moves slightly when fired.

Also the battery life on this mod is terrible, at least in wattage mode. batteries drain about twice as fast as on my smok alien, wye, and therion 166. It might do better in temp control but I haven't tried it yet.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
They must have qt issues. My battery doors have no play. That may be due to the fact batts are dbl wrapped. Battery life same as Therion 133 and better than Hugo or Gpriv. My only complaint is too shiny and polished. Hoping they don't have a clear coat. Time will tell. Wish everyone was having as positive an experience with these mods as I'm having.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
It looks like we still don't. That software file is a text file in gibberish. :(
You have to read the instructions first on how to use it. I used the software from that link and it works, but it's tricky to install. the instructions tell you how to

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
They must have qt issues. My battery doors have no play. That may be due to the fact batts are dbl wrapped. Battery life same as Therion 133 and better than Hugo or Gpriv. My only complaint is too shiny and polished. Hoping they don't have a clear coat. Time will tell. Wish everyone was having as positive an experience with these mods as I'm having.

I have two of these. The battery door is easy to bend tight if you take it off and squeeze it will tighten. I also do find that it seems to discharge batteries faster than my other mods. At first I thought I was just imagining that but after weeks of use I am convinced that it does discharge batteries faster than the average mod. I still think it is a great buy for the money. I am just trying the ss tc mode today for the first time and so far it is working perfectly. I have not yet tried to add the new software as it seems a bit complicated.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
So having now tried tc with my Kayfun V5 using ss it works but I find I get a better vape in vw mode. Can't explain why. I locked the resistance and it does vape reasonably well in tc mode but obviously better to my taste in vw mode. I confess I usually use vw mode with almost every rta I own. I have a DNA Theron mod which also does not handle ss in tc mode to my liking. So maybe it's just me.

Reactions: Letitia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread