• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Cheap, but decent, Mod. Which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Glad to hear it.

The clearomizers are nice for a quick run out the door. Especially in steath mode.

I would say forget the flash-e-vapor.

My recommendation for a second single-coil atty:

$20.67 GT-S AFC Rebuildable Tank Atomizer (5.0ml) - stainless steel + PC / 23mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$31.69 Authentic Eleaf Lemo RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer (5.0ml) - stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

But if you can hold off a bit the Taifun GT V2 has just been released as well as the kayfun V4. The latter being listed on FT since Monday.

Drippers like the mutation-X are good for practicing coil building. A lot of people prefer drippers for vapor production and flavor. Personally I hate the fact you have to add juice all the time. Although some people swear by their drippers in a REO mod.

My preference for cloud and vapor are two RTA devices 1) Orchid V4 and 2) Fogger V5 (also just released). But both these are dual coils.

$15.51 Fogger V5.0 Style RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer (6.0ml) - stainless steel + glass / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$10.76 Orchid V4 Styled Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 4.0ml / stainless steel + PC at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I will receive the Aqua V2 tommorow and will post a review here.

$35.31 Aqua V2 Style RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 1:1 clone / 316 stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

This was first listed as an Authentic until Footon complained. Supposedly it was a overrun from the factory in China. The authentic is $150 while this OEM was only $30 (Black Friday Sale) for me. Unfortunately now they are saying they're not taking orders from Korea. But I don't know if thats just lip service.

You mean this one:

https://m.fasttech.com/p/....100

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Yup thats the new Kayfun. The verdict is still out since its just been released.

Sorry I don't use ego batteries anymore. Not sure I see any advantage with rebuildable clearos since the coils are so cheap to replace.

Like I said before, I'd wait for the new Taifun GT V2. I imagine it will be at FT any day now. I think it's a better atty and its so easy to build. Frog in Fog has them listed, shipping in 10-20 days they claim. So I assume FT will have them faster.

Last edited:

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Yup thats the new Kayfun. The verdict is still out since its just been released.

Sorry I don't use ego batteries anymore. Not sure I see any advantage with rebuildable clearos since the coils are so cheap to replace.

Like I said before, I'd wait for the new Taifun GT V2. I imagine it will be at FT any day now. I think it's a better atty and its so easy to build. Frog in Fog has them listed, shipping in 10-20 days they claim. So I assume FT will have them faster.

Sounds good. You're better than I at knowing what FT gets in, so please let me (us) know when the Taifun GT V2 arrives, if you happen to see it before I do.

Happy Vapin' and good night...

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Don't forget to use xmas14 to get 5% off. ;)

Waddle, my good friend, many thanks for posting that 5% discount code. Using my mobile phone and not my desktop, netbook, or tablet 99‰ of the time, I fail to see the entire website. Not sure how you found that "code", but the Mobile version of the site makes no mention of it.

Nevertheless, I put it to good use today on a $50 EMS order. The savings from that, I'll be able to use on my wife's Christmas present from Daiso ;)

Happy Holidays....

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
If you read the FT forums sometimes they pop up. I was lucky to get the "Black Friday Sale" discount of 10% on a $150 order. It basically paid for my EMS shipping.

I'm hesitant to place an order in the $150 range due to taxes by Customs being applied and the package being held up there in the mean time. I've politely asked FT to undervalue a big order before with DHL and they surprisingly responded "No, due to DHL regulations." So, I simply cancelled the entire order.Frankly speaking, I think the customer service rep. was just having a bad day, for I've had many DHL orders from other places massively undervalued before. So, either FT is ethically conscious (yeah right, the amount of copied/fake stuff they sell), or the rep. was being a dip.

Funny thing, 99% of stuff I order from China is declared as something different and priced at a ridiculously low amount or marked "gift". I once ordered a jig-saw puzzle for my Son of an Ebay seller on China for $10. Stupidly, they declared it as "socks" for $1. Because of that, it got held up at Customs due to "false declaration." What an idiot that seller was!

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
FT by habit already declares a much, much, lower value and usually marks the items as electronic parts. Maybe they thought yo was the cops :)

My Aqua V2 RTA arrived today...the invoice value was $35 and declared as $20 gift. But this was sent via HK Post...11 days.

I've never had a customs declaration from them with the proper invoice value. Even via DHL or EMS.

Last edited:

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
FT by habit already declares a much, much, lower value and usually marks the items as electronic parts. Maybe they thought yo was the cops :)

My Aqua V2 RTA arrived today...the invoice value was $35 and declared as $20 gift. But this was sent via HK Post...11 days.

I've never had a customs declaration from them with the proper invoice value. Even via DHL or EMS.

Makes me wonder why they do that?? Yeah, some countries have strict values of online purchases from abroad. Canada, if I'm not mistaken, will tax anything over $20. But Korea, is about $130.

Why not just declare as it really is and not a "Gift." Get themselves a chart with each counties taxable limit. Eventually, as was my case with an EBay seller and the puzzle, Customs could possibly 'flag' everything from FastTech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread