Not open for further replies.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Hi,
I'm looking for suggestions here. I use regulated mods almost exclusively, but usually bring a much with me when traveling. Just in case something were to happen to my regulated mods. However, as I'm using stainless steel wire, resulting in pretty low resistance coils, I'm no longer comfortable with my single-battery mechs as spares. Thus I'm looking for a cheap (as it'll only be a spare, possibly never seeing any use) mech/unregulated box that takes multiple 18650s (in a parallel configuration of course). I really like the look and size of the Noisy Cricket (is it parallel?), but I don't want a direct to battery top cap and would prefer a lockable switch. Any suggestions?

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
The Abaddon clone checks your boxes (inexpensive, small, dual parallel, not DTB, locking switch) though depending on the luck of the draw, it could requiring some fiddling to whip it in to shape.

Not my first recommendation for a parallel box, but there aren't lots available with a locking switch. I'm sure others will jump in with more suggestions.

Reactions: KenD

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
Agreed, the abaddon is crazy sleek and travel-friendly... Mine is rock stable and around 15 bucks... Never a misfire and I only needed to screw-out the firing-pin(screw) alittle, to make better contact and shorter throw(it doesn't affect performance to do this, as the pin is screwed into isolation-material(plastic/delrin)).

Personally, i've "abandoned"(unused on the shelf) all my dual-parallel mechs for the raptor and cherry-bomber, because of performance, although not the "sleekest" admitedly ;) (One has a locking ring and the other doesn't need any... Also only a complete ..... will have auto-firing issues with the CB... Some atties are incompatible, but that's cought imidiatelly...)

Last edited:

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
The Abaddon clone checks your boxes (inexpensive, small, dual parallel, not DTB, locking switch) though depending on the luck of the draw, it could requiring some fiddling to whip it in to shape.

Not my first recommendation for a parallel box, but there aren't lots available with a locking switch. I'm sure others will jump in with more suggestions.
Sounds like the Abaddon clone might be for me then. Thanks! I'm no stranger to fiddling with mechs to get them to work so that shouldn't be a problem for me :)

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: entropy1049
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread