Cheapest satisfying pod system to use, refillable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grego25

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
After a day with a borrowed novo I have to say this thing really works well. I got some 24 & 35. I think the 35 is a little much. I'll definitely finish the bottle but am curious to try the 24. I also tried a suorin ishare and liked that one too. Maybe a little better than the novo.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Reactions: Opinionated

Merlin 9

Aug 10, 2018
Thanks for all advice/recommendations. I tried one of the Justfog Minifits. I like it a lot, got a couple more. I read you can actually replace coils/wicks in this device. Might try it for fun, seems can buy wires/cotton very cheap. I've never done anything with building coils, replacing cotton etc. One UK shop builds custom pods with 1.8 ohm coils for the Minifit, supposedly better than the 1.6 ohm standard coil? But I think I'd like to try it myself. Would these premade coils work?

$2.21 Pre-Coiled Welded Wires - NR-R-NR (50-Pack) 50-pack - 33 AWG / 1.8ohm / 20*20mm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Or if I was going to wind the coils myself how about this wire?

$1.88 Pre-made Welded Wires - NR-R-NR (100-Pack) 100-pack - 0.18mm (33 AWG) / 1.8ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Fasttech seems to have some prewound coils/wick combos too but the wicks all seem to be silica, none of the combo packs I can find have cotton wicks. Is NR-R-NR wire absolutely necessary for the Minifit?

If someone has a better idea for replacing coils/wicks in a Minifit I'd be happy to know, though the pods themselves are inexpensive wire and cotton are SO CHEAP might be worth it to try in spare time. Oh, do the coils outlast the cotton or best to redo both at the same time?

VladK16

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Toledo, OH USA
Thanks for all advice/recommendations. I tried one of the Justfog Minifits. I like it a lot, got a couple more. I read you can actually replace coils/wicks in this device. Might try it for fun, seems can buy wires/cotton very cheap. I've never done anything with building coils, replacing cotton etc. One UK shop builds custom pods with 1.8 ohm coils for the Minifit, supposedly better than the 1.6 ohm standard coil? But I think I'd like to try it myself. Would these premade coils work?

$2.21 Pre-Coiled Welded Wires - NR-R-NR (50-Pack) 50-pack - 33 AWG / 1.8ohm / 20*20mm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Or if I was going to wind the coils myself how about this wire?

$1.88 Pre-made Welded Wires - NR-R-NR (100-Pack) 100-pack - 0.18mm (33 AWG) / 1.8ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Fasttech seems to have some prewound coils/wick combos too but the wicks all seem to be silica, none of the combo packs I can find have cotton wicks. Is NR-R-NR wire absolutely necessary for the Minifit?

If someone has a better idea for replacing coils/wicks in a Minifit I'd be happy to know, though the pods themselves are inexpensive wire and cotton are SO CHEAP might be worth it to try in spare time. Oh, do the coils outlast the cotton or best to redo both at the same time?

I've tried kanthal, NR-R-NR and SS wire when rebuilding the Minifit and I prefer the NR-R-NR. Haven't tried the prebuilt coils that you've listed from FT but I'd recommended these as they seem to fit well for me when putting a new coil in (replace the silica wick with cotton).

$2.55 Pre-Coiled Welded Wires w/ Wicks - NR-R-NR (50-Pack) 50-pack - 33 AWG / 1.8ohm / 1-wick at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I have found that the stock coils seem to perform better though and lately I've been just dry burning the coil and replacing the wick after 10 or so refills and that seems to work great for me. Here's a good video that shows you how to just do the dry burn and rewick.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
I own many different pods, and my suggestion is for the Nautilus AIO. The possibility to replace only the coil, instead of the whole pod, is key.

The Innokin Biip pod system produces some marginally better vape, but it is massive - and the 2 ml pods are inadequate for the large battery capacity.
The AIO pods are 4 ml, and the replacement coils are very easy to come by.

I find the Justfog miniFit vape very good, but the device itself is too flimsy to be a main daily driver.

VapingUnicorn

May 21, 2019
Michigan,USA
Hello! Putting my two cents in about pod systems. I have tried TONS and So many have failed to live up to my expectations that its extremely disappointing! One that has worked best for me is the Smok Nord ! .. usually I stay away from anything smok.. but this little bigger is awesome ! I can get almost two weeks from a single coil (yes a coils that you just pop into the pod ) and coil longevity and flavor is a HUGE factor when looking for the perfect pod device. There are two choices of coils ans I highly recommend the Nord Mesh coil as the flavor from that darn thing is unbelievable! Especially for being such a small coil itself ! I also love the fact that you can use it for MTL Or DL depending on your prefferance or just how you feel like you need to vape that day ! I know plenty of people who enjoy using it with freebase juice and plenty who enjoy it with Nic salts .. I personally use the nic salts but have tried freebase in it and I'm not disappointed at all ! That batter is quite big ,I beleive it's about 1100mah so it lasts me a whole day and takes about an hour maybe a little more to charge ! Only dislike about it is the fire button ... it's super sensitive and you HAVE to remeber to turn off the device when your not using it because its prone to accidentally fire if that button is pressed even slightly ! If they could have made it flush with the device it would have a TON better.. but its doable .. just dont forget to turn it off before you stash it into your pocket ! I hope this helps :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread