The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Cheapest site to buy flavors ?

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Stinkytofus, Feb 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Stinkytofus

Stinkytofus Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 30, 2014
    New York City
    Whats cheapest sites to buy flavors of different brands ?

2. Pod_Vaper

Pod_Vaper Senior Member Verified Member

Jan 30, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    I've purchase from ecig-city and they have fast service and coupons are pretty easy to find. And their prices are pretty good, especially on sale items.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    The cheapest place is generally from the brand themselves though the sizes may be more than you want. I found tohough that for some you pay the same amount or more for a small bottle from a reseller as you do from a large one direct.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    DIY E-Liquid
    Careful...
    Find recipes FIRST.
    Buy flavours to make THOSE recipes.
    Random -"That sounds good" is a poor criteria for selecting flavours.
    pick2.jpg

Cheers
    I

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Coyote628

Coyote628 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2017
    I would say this is good advice. I went the "sounds good" route myself, but still had ideas and had looked at recipies first. Only way to make good juice, in my opinion, is to make a few nasties along the way. Learn what NOT to do. Im no pro or anything, just learning the ropes, but ive made a couple winners first try. And ive made a couple that might be best used as a lock deicer. That said, the only way to make juice is to get in there and do it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Motown
    I just go to that recipe site (that for some reason is filtered here) and search for the flavor profile I want and sort by highest-rated recipe. Then I look at the flavor ingredients and make sure it's what I'm looking for, then buy the required flavors.

Thankfully, I have not had any "nasties"...yet. :)

The only downside is constantly ordering small batches of flavors. I have had two orders from the same seller in the mail at the same time. I need to be a bit less impulsive and more deliberate and efficient. The good thing is that the flavor orders are most often less costly than a single bottle of premium juice.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    True True....
    After many years at this DIY thing, I find about 30%-40% of the flavours I bought NEVER get used.

Enjoy the journey.
    Cheers
    I

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Spydro

Spydro Sindoyen Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2013
    Spylandia
    Spot on advice.

When I decided to make my own almost 5 years ago I bought around 75 flavors in 8ml vials (even though I thoroughly researched doing DIY for many days before I bought). At least half of them have never even been opened, three quarters of the rest were tried and set aside. Why... because I quickly learned that I didn't like to vape quite a few of the base flavor profiles (fruits, bakery, desserts, etc) even though I did eat/drink what they were based on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. JCinFLA

JCinFLA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2015
    Below are a few of the places many on the ECF buy their flavors from. They're all reputable, carry the most common different brands of flavorings, have very fair prices, and have good or better customer service. Some of them also carry flavorings that are their own proprietary brands. You really can't go wrong dealing with any of them, IMO.

However, as mentioned above and strongly suggested...find recipes first, then buy the flavorings to make them. Don't do the reverse. Be smart and learn from the past experience of others.

OneStopDIYShop
    WizardLabs
    NicotineRiver
    BullCityFlavors
    LiquidBarn

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Unless you have flavors you are buying in some volume, it's often easiest to use several vendors having sales. While it is true that you may pay "more per unit" not buying direct, you can try far more "units" to start while dialing what you love and what you really hate. Unless I have quick access to flavors I know I probably will love (like some of the UK flavors from I forget which vendor now), it's good to save on shipping costs and with a good coupon where you can get small amounts of flavors all in one go and spend a fair amount of time experimenting with them (just my opinion of course).

Also, if you've done a fair amount of juice tasting with pre-made juice, that can at least give you a starting point and reference for flavors moving forward. I read a LOT of recipes before I started DIY but didn't plan to follow a single ONE. I just wanted to see how they were "constructed." There is nothing I hate more than buying all the "ingredients" for a dish (including particular flavor MAKERS only to assemble it and find I hate it.) I slowed down, tasted a lot, bought small quantities, and made single flavor mixes prior to making my first recipe, which I made up on my own. I've found complexity comes with time, patience and experience. So far, I only have two "taster" sized flavors I plain hate, and I knew going in that I might, but at a dollar fitty, or whatever, it wasn't a big deal, and some of them like Orange creamsicle and blue raspberry that I hate, my son likes, so they're still being used.

But, I learned how to cook at age 12, with my parents money (my mom was in the hospital) and I figured I had better make my decreased "free" time useful. Love of cooking does make DIY that bit easier, if you ask me.

With all of that said, there is no "wrong" way to start DIY. If you stick with it over the long haul, you WILL save money. I haven't even used up my 10 ml "supersweet FA sucralose yet...." I've been at this a while and I WANT to mix more, I just can't vape it fast enough....:)

Anna

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Coyote628

Coyote628 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2017
    I agree with the cooking analogy completely.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.