Check battery (rookie vaper)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JabroMeister

Jan 21, 2021
Hi! I just bought my first vape which is a Sigelei Shikra with a voltage input of 6.4V to 8.4V. I bought new batteries as well LG HG2 18650 20A(flat top) 3000 mAh which has 3.6V each. There are 2 batteries inside of the vape and they both have run out of energy. Im trying to charge them with the usb cable I got with the vape but it only displays "check battery". Ive tried to change the positions of the batteries, turning them, and even cleaning them and the port, but nothing works. does anybody have some tips for the noob how to solve the problem?

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    You may have a defective charging cable or something is wrong with USB port. It is generally not recommended to charge external batteries by the usb port, but rather you should get a battery charger. The usb port is for firmware updates. Try using another cable. Try plugging the mod into your computer and see if it recognizes it. This will tell you if the usb port is good or not. Mainly, though, you should get the battery charger and a second set of batteries, so that you can vape on one set while the other set is charging

Hawise

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    Where did you get the batteries? There are a lot of counterfeit batteries around so it's possible that they're the problem, but it does sound more like it's the mod or connections in this case. I agree with @Territoo that the cable and port are the most likely culprits.

For future reference, Mooch, our resident battery guru, has compiled a useful list of battery vendors with good track records. You can reduce the risk of winding up with counterfeits by buying from one of these guys:
    They also carry external chargers, in case you're interested in picking up one of those as well. The generally-recommended charger brands (based on cost, safety and reliability) are Xtar and Nitecore as well as Efest's LUC line.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I tried to look for a manual on Sigelei's site and they don't even have a manual for it nor do they even list that in their product lineup (although I have seen it before).

But they do have the firmware for download. Perhaps you can try reinstalling the firmware. Support / Download / Upgrade Firmware_Sigelei
    Just make sure you download the Shikra firmware.

Other than that, if you bought locally your best bet is to take it to them and let them figure it out. If it's defective they should replace it.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Hi! I just bought my first vape which is a Sigelei Shikra with a voltage input of 6.4V to 8.4V. I bought new batteries as well LG HG2 18650 20A(flat top) 3000 mAh which has 3.6V each. There are 2 batteries inside of the vape and they both have run out of energy. Im trying to charge them with the usb cable I got with the vape but it only displays "check battery". Ive tried to change the positions of the batteries, turning them, and even cleaning them and the port, but nothing works. does anybody have some tips for the noob how to solve the problem?
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Your problem could stem from many different causes.
    Could contact:
    Local B&M Vape Shop (Visit)/someone who knows what their doing -----Might be simple.
    Vendor who sold it ---see if they will repair or replace or advise (any authorized distributor).
    Running a search and found:
    Search Results for Query: Sigelei | E-Cigarette Forum

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread