check out what smok did again ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
1552379977139.jpg

with changeable 510 dt and three level power.
look familiar again ...
Trinity Alpha - SMOK® Innovation keeps changing the vaping experience!

Last edited:

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
As long as they do things better I am ok with this.

The whole world cloned German cars :)
I bought their sorry Mico pod system which they took from Mi-Pod. The pods leak and it only worked well for about 4 days; looked good but total junk of a performer. Due to that experience, I will pass on the Orion clone for now. If it turns out to get good reviews over a period of time, never know, might buy one later down the line. That is only due to liking the Nord. Almost every other Smok product I have has not left a good impression on me.

Last edited:

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
I bought their sorry Mico pod system which they took from Mi-Pod. The pods leak and it only worked well for about 4 days; looked good but total junk of a performer. Due to that experience, I will pass on the Orion clone for now. If it turns out to get good reviews over a period of time, never know, might buy one later down the line. That is only due to liking the Nord. Almost every other Smok product I has not left a good impression on me.

If you take the worst examples of a manufacturer and base any future buying decisions on that alone there won't be many devices to choose from for new purchases. The trap most of us have fallen into at least once is believing the hype train before devices are widely used and evaluated by real users before purchasing and finding out the hard way this is not a good idea. But it doesn't mean a subsequent device from the same manufacturer won't be a brilliant little gem. With Smok I think I would use the Novo and Nord as good examples of real successes among a litany of substandard devices that have failed to meet the hype or have just been really poor devices overall.

This is exacerbated by all the Youtube shill reviewers that only have their own best interests and view counts in mind when evaluating new products and giving glowing reviews while omitting glaring product flaws that far too many vapers take as gospel and waste good money on. Case in point, if I see a Youtube review of a pod system that the main focus point is the amount of cloud it produces I will just exit the review. Youtube reviews are worth exactly what you paid to watch them IMO. Wait for the real users like on ECF... and wait for enough of them to be a valuable sample set to form a realistic opinion.

So I very much agree with you Vicman, wait a bit and see how this device performs. At the least, it looks intriguing enough to keep an eye on. If the fit and finish is really good, the performance very good, and the price cheap enough to justify it might be a great little device. I can't tell any of that from marketing photos, but I will keep an eye on this for a while to see how it does. I do know the mesh coils perform very well in the Nord and have great flavor which will make it quite a bit better that the Orion at least in that regard, so I'll wait to see how the rest of the device is received by others.

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
Let's wait for reviews. It is hard not to press the order button with a price of 27 USD right now on pre sale.
But it will be harder to trash it into the bin with a lot of frustration...

And until end of April a lot of things can happen.
I would be willing to pay more if there would be a "perfect" system. But hey.. how would "they" make money if we would not buy the hype ...

My Wish: DNA Go with Escribe a Pod with Replaceable Coils (min 3/4 ML) and a 1000/1500 Battery. No need for fancy Metall plastic would do it as well. Lightweight and leakproof. Mesh Coil for surface and flavour and a "good" MTL draw. AFC on the bottom of the coil.

As far i saw on the advertising the AFC option is missing on the Trinity.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
If you take the worst examples of a manufacturer and base any future buying decisions on that alone there won't be many devices to choose from for new purchases. The trap most of us have fallen into at least once is believing the hype train before devices are widely used and evaluated by real users before purchasing and finding out the hard way this is not a good idea. But it doesn't mean a subsequent device from the same manufacturer won't be a brilliant little gem. With Smok I think I would use the Novo and Nord as good examples of real successes among a litany of substandard devices that have failed to meet the hype or have just been really poor devices overall.

This is exacerbated by all the Youtube shill reviewers that only have their own best interests and view counts in mind when evaluating new products and giving glowing reviews while omitting glaring product flaws that far too many vapers take as gospel and waste good money on. Case in point, if I see a Youtube review of a pod system that the main focus point is the amount of cloud it produces I will just exit the review. Youtube reviews are worth exactly what you paid to watch them IMO. Wait for the real users like on ECF... and wait for enough of them to be a valuable sample set to form a realistic opinion.

So I very much agree with you Vicman, wait a bit and see how this device performs. At the least, it looks intriguing enough to keep an eye on. If the fit and finish is really good, the performance very good, and the price cheap enough to justify it might be a great little device. I can't tell any of that from marketing photos, but I will keep an eye on this for a while to see how it does. I do know the mesh coils perform very well in the Nord and have great flavor which will make it quite a bit better that the Orion at least in that regard, so I'll wait to see how the rest of the device is received by others.

Is totally depend how much Manufacturer and supplier PAID THEM to review .... u can see many good mod, tank, pod which have close to zero REVIEW from those so call FULLTIME Youtube REVIEWER

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Let's wait for reviews. It is hard not to press the order button with a price of 27 USD right now on pre sale.

I would be willing to pay more if there would be a "perfect" system. But hey.. how would "they" make money if we would not buy the hype ...

My Wish: DNA Go with Escribe a Pod with Replaceable Coils (min 3/4 ML) and a 1000/1500 Battery. No need for fancy Metall plastic would do it as well. Lightweight and leakproof. Mesh Coil for surface and flavour and a "good" MTL draw. AFC on the bottom of the coil.

I bought my self Joytech ATopack Magic, i smile when i received it and when i lost it 4 day later. than pray for the person for found my pods ... hahahha

Reactions: stols001

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
"taking the lead".. if a company is copying devices, that's one thing, but blatantly lying about it? MEH!
I thought about that, too. When I saw it, I literally laughed out loud when I saw the pic. BUT: They said TAKING the lead...meaning they admit that they weren't leading, but think they'll surpass the competitors with their Orion - I mean Trinity Alpha (how many names do they need for one product, anyway? Name it Trinity or Alpha) product.

TBH, I don't even really care anymore. It's Smok, it's marketing. I hope people use it, love it, and don't smoke. And then find a product from a company that at least pretends to be honest.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL

Like you said in the latter part of your comment- for me, it's not that hard to resist ordering a product that won't even ship for almost a month. I'll wait for anything until I hear response from the real users on this site.

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
Specifications

• Material:Zincalloy
• Size:91*38*16mm
• Weight:90g
• BatteryCapacity:1000mAh
• OutputPower:6-30W(SOFT/NORM/HARD)
• InputVoltage:3.3V-4.2V
• OutputVoltage:2.1V-4.1V
• StandbyCurrent:<100uA
• ChargerOutput: C5V1A
• ChargingVoltage:5V
• ChargingCurrent:0.7A(MAX)
• ResistanceRange:0.5Ω-3.0Ω
• E-liquidCapacity:2.8ml

The Kit Includes

• 1xTrinityAlphaBattery
• 1xTrinityAlphaEmptyPod(2.8ml)
• 1xNordMesh0.6Ωcoil(Max:25W)
• 1xNordMesh-MTL0.8Ωcoil(Max:16W)
• 1xLanyard
• 1xUSBCable
• 1xUserManual

And i am sure i read somewhere firmware upgradeable. Would be nice if you could set the Soft/Normal/Hard options in Wattage.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Specifications

• Material:Zincalloy
• Size:91*38*16mm
• Weight:90g
• BatteryCapacity:1000mAh
• OutputPower:6-30W(SOFT/NORM/HARD)
• InputVoltage:3.3V-4.2V
• OutputVoltage:2.1V-4.1V
• StandbyCurrent:<100uA
• ChargerOutput: C5V1A
• ChargingVoltage:5V
• ChargingCurrent:0.7A(MAX)
• ResistanceRange:0.5Ω-3.0Ω
• E-liquidCapacity:2.8ml

The Kit Includes

• 1xTrinityAlphaBattery
• 1xTrinityAlphaEmptyPod(2.8ml)
• 1xNordMesh0.6Ωcoil(Max:25W)
• 1xNordMesh-MTL0.8Ωcoil(Max:16W)
• 1xLanyard
• 1xUSBCable
• 1xUserManual

And i am sure i read somewhere firmware upgradeable. Would be nice if you could set the Soft/Normal/Hard options in Wattage.
if software upgradeable means 90% like orion DNA GO :)

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread