check out what smok did again ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
So true @ScottP . Fortunately there are other companies like Evolve that strive to perfect even older devices with escribe and firmware updates from the first models that were USB upgradable. Escribe will even tell you if a firmware update is available without having to research to find out your self every time you connect a device to escribe. Evolve resisted going the update route for a long time before they decided it was a good thing to do, but when they made the decision to do it I think they have implemented it better than anyone. YiHi and eleaf have a pretty good track record also with updates when they are needed. But yeah, upgrades only matter as a selling point if the manufacturer use it for upgrades rather than just a selling point while never delivering the upgrades.
is a pods, flexible, simple, work out of the box, less configure, less confuse, less learning curve = more fun, if i looking for BEST flavor, VAPOR, more gimmick i will go for my squonk or mod but NOT POD ....

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
size compare Trinity alpha vs Orion DNA go :
1552893073.jpg

1552896509.jpg

Nice comparison but I think the Smok Alpha is more of a direct competitor with the Orion Q since they both cost $30. The Orion with DNA Go is more money.

Also, I think you may be mistaken about SS. According to ad copy on Element Vape, it is "alloy".

"The Lost Vape Orion is constructed with attention-to-details machining, manifesting a highly durable alloy shell with beautiful real carbon fiber or Abalone details to create a truly luxurious all-in-one..."

A lot of other dealers say the same exact thing word for word. Maybe it is from the manufacturer. I tried to check the Lost Vape website but it appears to be down. Fasttech does say it is SS but they often have incorrect materials info.

I'm looking forward to the DNA Go devices from Avatar. There were 2 posted in the Orion topic. The Soul has a 900 mAh battery but it looks much smaller than the Orion.

agency-work-13 (1).jpg

Last edited:

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Nice comparison but I think the Smok Alpha is more of a direct competitor with the Orion Q since they both cost $30. The Orion with DNA Go is more money.

Also, I think you may be mistaken about SS. According to ad copy on Element Vape, it is "alloy".

"The Lost Vape Orion is constructed with attention-to-details machining, manifesting a highly durable alloy shell with beautiful real carbon fiber or Abalone details to create a truly luxurious all-in-one..."

A lot of other dealers say the same exact thing word for word. Maybe it is from the manufacturer. I tried to check the Lost Vape website but it appears to be down. Fasttech does say it is SS but they often have incorrect materials info.

I'm looking forward to the DNA Go devices from Avatar. There were 2 posted in the Orion topic. The Soul has a 900 mAh battery but it looks much smaller than the Orion.

View attachment 804983
i try orion Q it look like rejected DNA go, 8 out of 8 having gap between batt n pod, so is no go for me .... also prefer simple out of box setup than software update and so on with lost vape dna go + expensive but not reliable pods.

Reactions: stols001

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
According to ad copy on Element Vape, it is "alloy".

In the simplest of terms, "alloy" just means a mixture of metals. Stainless Steel and Brass despite having specific names are actually themselves an alloy. However, when vape manufacturers say "alloy" that usually means it's made out of some sort of Zinc based alloy. Depending on the specific mixture, it can be a pretty durable material. Probably not quite as tough as SS but still good.

vimagreg

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
You can measure the success of a product by the amount of clones of it in the market. And you can measure the real state of a company by the clones of another products it manufacture.

That's the third Orion clone I know in less than a week. And that's not the first time Smok simply clone something... I personally don't like Smok. Terrible designs, poor overall quality, simply have too much problems with their products. So, for me, apart the clone thing, Smok is still not a option anymore.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
You can measure the success of a product by the amount of clones of it in the market. And you can measure the real state of a company by the clones of another products it manufacture.

That's the third Orion clone I know in less than a week. And that's not the first time Smok simply clone something... I personally don't like Smok. Terrible designs, poor overall quality, simply have too much problems with their products. So, for me, apart the clone thing, Smok is still not a option anymore.

but definitely someone DOES mention there is device Orion Look a like but before orion even come out, which me clone who ? and most of my Mod is square ....
btw SMOK NORD is my first SMOK device, which have zero problem after a month and 4 coil used.
also have some squonk fail me in less than two week but no one stand up for warranty even manufacturer does admit there is some issue on certain user.

vimagreg

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
but definitely someone DOES mention there is device Orion Look a like but before orion even come out, which me clone who ? and most of my Mod is square ....
btw SMOK NORD is my first SMOK device, which have zero problem after a month and 4 coil used.
also have some squonk fail me in less than two week but no one stand up for warranty even manufacturer does admit there is some issue on certain user.
Man... 4 coils used in a single month? Well, THIS is a problem for me. My Breeze 2 coil is completing 2 months right now, still plenty of flavour and vapor. I haven't used the Orion for a month yet (just 2 weeks), but I don't expect the pod to be dead before a month, minimum... Different person, different expectations.

About the who-clones-who question, you're right, I read the post now. But I think it's difficult to argue this design was made famous by Lost Vape and Orion, no? It's the same debate in smartphone aficionados forums (which I participate, too). iPhone and Android: who copies who more? Difficult question [emoji23]

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
@SonnyCooL
Looks pretty nice. A bit on the shiny side.

Can you say something about the board/chip?
How does the soft/norm/hard button work?

Also there is a kind of pod detection. Will it adjust the wattage then?
So running a 1.4 MTL will be a different s/n/h button work as with the 0.6?

Airflow compared to Nord which uses the same coils?

jealous ...mine is still pending shipment

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
@SonnyCooL
Looks pretty nice. A bit on the shiny side.

Can you say something about the board/chip?
How does the soft/norm/hard button work?

Also there is a kind of pod detection. Will it adjust the wattage then?
So running a 1.4 MTL will be a different s/n/h button work as with the 0.6?

Airflow compared to Nord which uses the same coils?

jealous ...mine is still pending shipment
This is demo device from smok booth, it only there for display purposes, still can't test it out.
if base on show girl explanation, there is no PC/Software adjust but i don't think she know anything :)

55736485_2625917804090350_890298784330809344_n.jpeg
56119894_2625938160754981_1744544058400833536_n.jpeg
56319194_2625917754090355_7612728063557632000_n.jpeg

Last edited:

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Man... 4 coils used in a single month? Well, THIS is a problem for me. My Breeze 2 coil is completing 2 months right now, still plenty of flavour and vapor. I haven't used the Orion for a month yet (just 2 weeks), but I don't expect the pod to be dead before a month, minimum... Different person, different expectations.

About the who-clones-who question, you're right, I read the post now. But I think it's difficult to argue this design was made famous by Lost Vape and Orion, no? It's the same debate in smartphone aficionados forums (which I participate, too). iPhone and Android: who copies who more? Difficult question [emoji23]

impress with you n orion, one coil for two week, i wish some one can guide me how to do that with my setup :

nord.jpeg

• Optimistic

vimagreg

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
impress with you n orion, one coil for two week, i wish some one can guide me how to do that with my setup :

Obviously you use your pods much more than me, I guess... I just use my Breeze 2 at work (I use it a lot, actually) and my Orion when I'm outside (less usage). At home I vape my two mods, much more flavour. But, even though, I'm really impressed with how much did your coils actually lives... Thanks for sharing.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Obviously you use your pods much more than me, I guess... I just use my Breeze 2 at work (I use it a lot, actually) and my Orion when I'm outside (less usage). At home I vape my two mods, much more flavour. But, even though, I'm really impressed with how much did your coils actually lives... Thanks for sharing.

i use different pods for different flavor, i can swap pod/flavor 3-4 times in a hour (sometime my mind go wild) .... some times i vape two tank and still vaping same flavor ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread