The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

check out what smok did again ....

Discussion in 'Vape Pod Systems' started by SonnyCooL, Mar 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ArminF

ArminF Senior Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Switzerland
    RipTripper review is out.
    AND keep in mind - The AFC is given by the coil.
    (maybe block the channel on the pod itself on the inner side)
    And the 0.8 and 1.4 is made for MTL. Of course the 0.6 not..

SMOK Trinity Alpha VS. The ORION Q By Lost Vape! - YouTube 2019-04-07 22-22-04.png

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SavePaperVapor

SavePaperVapor Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota, USA
    My thought on this is why not just use the Nord? Same battery capacity, more liquid capacity.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ArminF

ArminF Senior Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Switzerland
    • Constant Output
    • Variable Wattage
    • Easier to refill

• Like Like x 1
  4. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2018
    Consistent and adjustable wattage is why I go for this.
    For example 1.4 ohm coil with soft setup, I can do stealth vape :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. ArminF

ArminF Senior Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Switzerland
    CB34E413-9C0F-45E4-BBA1-86EF9DB173DB.jpeg So lets test....

6. SonnyCooL

Jan 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ArminF

ArminF Senior Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Switzerland
    Yes it did. Just mounted the 0.8 coil.
    Started with the soft setting. Will later move on to normal and hope that this will be the same as the Nord Pod.

8. SonnyCooL

Jan 12, 2018
    good direct user review Please ....

• Like Like x 1
  9. SavePaperVapor

SavePaperVapor Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota, USA
    Very nice point. Now I'm on the hunt for one. lol. As usual they're sold out. Hype is real.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    So what are you thinking so far, Armin?

11. ArminF

ArminF Senior Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Switzerland
    So far...

Pro
    - refilling. This slide mechanism is really good
    - Constant output.
    - Flavour is same as on the Nord
    - Charging with 0.7 Amps (1.5 hours a full charge)
    - No rattling or moving parts
    - Finishing and quality is good
    - Price

Cons
    - Constant output
    here i have to say i did wished for more intelligence on the chip.
    I read that there should be a pod detection so if you use a 0.8 the wattage range will be adjusted as if you use a 1.4 coil. I dont think it does. So Soft Mode is really "nothing" most of the time i have to use the hard mode to keep up the flavour and dense of vape. Used normal mode for the first time when the coil is new. Pretty handy feature. But i hoped that you have a better range. Soft 60-80% / Normal 80-100% / Hard 100-120%. Would be cool. Especially for cold windy days it would keep up better. MAYBE a software could fix it. Better would be a kind a escribe to tune the chip to your needs.​
    - Drip Tip
    i am used to pod systems and now this offers me a "normal" drip tip. gosh.. i am not used to them anymore. Weird but felt uncomfortable​
    - Charging - 1A was promised but it does not charge with 1A.
    - Shiny finish. OK.. but i like matte tones more. (personal)

Overall i think it is the better partner compared to the Orion Go or normal Orion as the pod is easier to fill and the coil option cover a wider range of vaping styles. And you can buy 2 for the price of one orion.
    Draw and taste does keep up with the nord as these are the same coils.

To be honest.... If you have a nord and can live with the filling method you may not need a trinity.
    also if you are used to pod mouthpieces and size of the small devices you might better stay with them.
    Product is good and delivers a good price relation for that what it offers. Orion (Box Pod Mod) users will like it.
    But i am really struggeling with the factor now as i am used to pods. They are tiny little helpers...

At at home i have space, time and i am relaxed to use RTAs on a Box Mod. But for out and about these little pod buggers are just perfect.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. SonnyCooL

Jan 12, 2018
    MTL no issue ...
    Just for fun.
    IMG_20190411_165643.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. ArminF

ArminF Senior Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Switzerland
    Looks like an Oil Can :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    That is 3-in-One's new can. Spiffy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. SonnyCooL

Jan 12, 2018
    i actually like soft n normal mod, might be i vape min nic now day (max 3mg) but most my juice below 3 mg.
    btw that 0.8 ohm coil give me reasonable throat hit and good flavor which i kind of like it, now test on how far can last with 0.8 soft n normal, i like nord but with 0.6 ohm it last me 6-7hour .... hopefully this 0.8+ soft can last one day ...
    Another cons, still can't buy any extra empty cartridge for Trinity alpha here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. SonnyCooL

Jan 12, 2018
    found one tiny issue abt this pods.
    i can't vape when it charge cause it short my lips ....

• Like Like x 1
  17. SonnyCooL

Jan 12, 2018
    sad i get lemon trinity alpha .... now waiting for smok response

• Like Like x 1
  18. RayofLight62

RayofLight62 Super Member ECF Veteran

My take on... "Taking the lead" :

Lost Vape producing 10K devices in a factory production term; Smok manufacturing 1M devices in the same length of time.

The real wrong with the LV device is the impossibility to replace coils. Reason why I use a Nautilus AIO is only because they use the best vape coil around.

I skipped the Orion fandango to date. I have an Orchid on preorder as matter of curiosity, I already know I will not buy the replacement pods, I'm against avoidable plastic waste; I use the same pod on the AIO since nine months.
    The Nord coils are of good quality. Orchid did the stupid thing of delaying delivery for two more weeks (EDD is the end of April, now), so it could well be that I buy a bunch of Smok pods - if they are reasonably made.
    I don't own many Smok devices; but a few of them are very well made (R80, Gpriv2 mini) and I don't share the view of Smok = Rubbish - as they make an alternate fortune with vape devices, and we need to check every device of theirs for possible lapse of reason.

Edit.
    Note to the manufacturers.
    Since you are all in the same village, why you don't meet around a table, and devise a common connection standard for all your pods, just like the 510 is - for the clearomiser? It would warrant the future of vape pods, and bring a windfall to you. And make vapers very happy, should it matter a bit...

19. SonnyCooL

Jan 12, 2018
    finally i taste SMOK after sell n customer service.
    wrote in my complaint and 5 day later they reply abt my pods leaking issue :

my leak

Their SOLUTIONS:
    Good day!
    Thank you for your message and we are sorry for the issue.
    About the issue, had you changed another pod to check if it still auto-fires?
    For suggestion, please kindly remove the pod and clean the water vapor generated by the vaping after you complete your vaping tour each time. Thank you!
    ---
    Kind regards
    Lilith Pu

Customer Service Team
    Phone: +86 755 26604324

20. SonnyCooL

Jan 12, 2018
    i have same thought with you on smok brands until i get myself lemon smok trinity alpha ..... see what they reply to their customer n times they need for that reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.