check out what smok did again ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
RipTripper review is out.
AND keep in mind - The AFC is given by the coil.
(maybe block the channel on the pod itself on the inner side)
And the 0.8 and 1.4 is made for MTL. Of course the 0.6 not..

SMOK Trinity Alpha VS. The ORION Q By Lost Vape! - YouTube 2019-04-07 22-22-04.png

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
RipTripper review is out.
AND keep in mind - The AFC is given by the coil.
(maybe block the channel on the pod itself on the inner side)
And the 0.8 and 1.4 is made for MTL. Of course the 0.6 not..

View attachment 807949

My thought on this is why not just use the nord? Same battery capacity, more liquid capacity.

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
So far...

Pro
- refilling. This slide mechanism is really good
- Constant output.
- Flavour is same as on the Nord
- Charging with 0.7 Amps (1.5 hours a full charge)
- No rattling or moving parts
- Finishing and quality is good
- Price

Cons
- Constant output
here i have to say i did wished for more intelligence on the chip.
I read that there should be a pod detection so if you use a 0.8 the wattage range will be adjusted as if you use a 1.4 coil. I dont think it does. So Soft Mode is really "nothing" most of the time i have to use the hard mode to keep up the flavour and dense of vape. Used normal mode for the first time when the coil is new. Pretty handy feature. But i hoped that you have a better range. Soft 60-80% / Normal 80-100% / Hard 100-120%. Would be cool. Especially for cold windy days it would keep up better. MAYBE a software could fix it. Better would be a kind a escribe to tune the chip to your needs.​
- Drip Tip
i am used to pod systems and now this offers me a "normal" drip tip. gosh.. i am not used to them anymore. Weird but felt uncomfortable​
- Charging - 1A was promised but it does not charge with 1A.
- Shiny finish. OK.. but i like matte tones more. (personal)

Overall i think it is the better partner compared to the Orion Go or normal Orion as the pod is easier to fill and the coil option cover a wider range of vaping styles. And you can buy 2 for the price of one orion.
Draw and taste does keep up with the nord as these are the same coils.

To be honest.... If you have a nord and can live with the filling method you may not need a trinity.
also if you are used to pod mouthpieces and size of the small devices you might better stay with them.
Product is good and delivers a good price relation for that what it offers. Orion (Box Pod Mod) users will like it.
But i am really struggeling with the factor now as i am used to pods. They are tiny little helpers...

At at home i have space, time and i am relaxed to use RTAs on a Box Mod. But for out and about these little pod buggers are just perfect.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
So far...

Pro
- refilling. This slide mechanism is really good
- Constant output.
- Flavour is same as on the Nord
- Charging with 0.7 Amps (1.5 hours a full charge)
- No rattling or moving parts
- Finishing and quality is good
- Price

Cons
- Constant output
here i have to say i did wished for more intelligence on the chip.
I read that there should be a pod detection so if you use a 0.8 the wattage range will be adjusted as if you use a 1.4 coil. I dont think it does. So Soft Mode is really "nothing" most of the time i have to use the hard mode to keep up the flavour and dense of vape. Used normal mode for the first time when the coil is new. Pretty handy feature. But i hoped that you have a better range. Soft 60-80% / Normal 80-100% / Hard 100-120%. Would be cool. Especially for cold windy days it would keep up better. MAYBE a software could fix it. Better would be a kind a escribe to tune the chip to your needs.​
- Drip Tip
i am used to pod systems and now this offers me a "normal" drip tip. gosh.. i am not used to them anymore. Weird but felt uncomfortable​
- Charging - 1A was promised but it does not charge with 1A.
- Shiny finish. OK.. but i like matte tones more. (personal)

Overall i think it is the better partner compared to the Orion Go or normal Orion as the pod is easier to fill and the coil option cover a wider range of vaping styles. And you can buy 2 for the price of one orion.
Draw and taste does keep up with the nord as these are the same coils.

To be honest.... If you have a nord and can live with the filling method you may not need a trinity.
also if you are used to pod mouthpieces and size of the small devices you might better stay with them.
Product is good and delivers a good price relation for that what it offers. Orion (Box Pod Mod) users will like it.
But i am really struggeling with the factor now as i am used to pods. They are tiny little helpers...

At at home i have space, time and i am relaxed to use RTAs on a Box Mod. But for out and about these little pod buggers are just perfect.

i actually like soft n normal mod, might be i vape min nic now day (max 3mg) but most my juice below 3 mg.
btw that 0.8 ohm coil give me reasonable throat hit and good flavor which i kind of like it, now test on how far can last with 0.8 soft n normal, i like nord but with 0.6 ohm it last me 6-7hour .... hopefully this 0.8+ soft can last one day ...
Another cons, still can't buy any extra empty cartridge for Trinity alpha here.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
My take on... "Taking the lead" :

Lost Vape producing 10K devices in a factory production term; Smok manufacturing 1M devices in the same length of time.

The real wrong with the LV device is the impossibility to replace coils. Reason why I use a Nautilus AIO is only because they use the best vape coil around.

I skipped the Orion fandango to date. I have an Orchid on preorder as matter of curiosity, I already know I will not buy the replacement pods, I'm against avoidable plastic waste; I use the same pod on the AIO since nine months.
The Nord coils are of good quality. Orchid did the stupid thing of delaying delivery for two more weeks (EDD is the end of April, now), so it could well be that I buy a bunch of Smok pods - if they are reasonably made.
I don't own many Smok devices; but a few of them are very well made (R80, Gpriv2 mini) and I don't share the view of Smok = Rubbish - as they make an alternate fortune with vape devices, and we need to check every device of theirs for possible lapse of reason.

Edit.
Note to the manufacturers.
Since you are all in the same village, why you don't meet around a table, and devise a common connection standard for all your pods, just like the 510 is - for the clearomiser? It would warrant the future of vape pods, and bring a windfall to you. And make vapers very happy, should it matter a bit...

Last edited:

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
finally i taste SMOK after sell n customer service.
wrote in my complaint and 5 day later they reply abt my pods leaking issue :

my leak

Their SOLUTIONS:
Good day!
Thank you for your message and we are sorry for the issue.
About the issue, had you changed another pod to check if it still auto-fires?
For suggestion, please kindly remove the pod and clean the water vapor generated by the vaping after you complete your vaping tour each time. Thank you!
---
Kind regards
Lilith Pu

Customer Service Team
Phone: +86 755 26604324

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
My take on... "Taking the lead" :

Lost Vape producing 10K devices in a factory production term; Smok manufacturing 1M devices in the same length of time.

The real wrong with the LV device is the impossibility to replace coils. Reason why I use a Nautilus AIO is only because they use the best vape coil around.

I skipped the Orion fandango to date. I have an Orchid on preorder as matter of curiosity, I already know I will not buy the replacement pods, I'm against avoidable plastic waste; I use the same pod on the AIO since nine months.
The Nord coils are of good quality. Orchid did the stupid thing of delaying delivery for two more weeks (EDD is the end of April, now), so it could well be that I buy a bunch of Smok pods - if they are reasonably made.
I don't own many Smok devices; but a few of them are very well made (R80, Gpriv2 mini) and I don't share the view of Smok = Rubbish - as they make an alternate fortune with vape devices, and we need to check every device of theirs for possible lapse of reason.

Edit.
Note to the manufacturers.
Since you are all in the same village, why you don't meet around a table, and devise a common connection standard for all your pods, just like the 510 is - for the clearomiser? It would warrant the future of vape pods, and bring a windfall to you. And make vapers very happy, should it matter a bit...
i have same thought with you on smok brands until i get myself lemon smok trinity alpha ..... see what they reply to their customer n times they need for that reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread