Chief King RDA by Squid Industries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca

I have one on order. Squid Industries is owned by a retired veteran. It looks like a nice rda and supporting a veteran owned business is a plus. I will post a review when I get it. Hopefully it will work and look good on the new Rage mod I have coming.

Last edited:

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
HOLY CRAP! They really didn't name this RDA right. They should have named it Cloud King. This RDA is insane. I got mine tonight and installed dual nichrome80 .16ohm rectangle wire coils. Flavor is very good but the clouds are crazy! Do not use the supplied coils. They ohmed out at .06-.07 with dual coils. This RDA will find a home on my Rage when it gets here.

Last edited:

Violetti Usva

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2017
I can't see the point of that top airflow, it looks like it would just dilute the flavour unless you have it closed off, rendering it pointless. Maybe I'm missing something? It's designed by a cloud chaser so I can't imagine it being the rda for me - I like ultra restricted dtl rdas.

When that guy said he'll demonstrate how easy it is to build on I thought he must be kidding. It looks like it has the same problem as the Reload which, despite being one of my favourites, is a pain to build on. But he just goes ahead and builds it with ease, when I know that it would have taken me a good ten minutes to get the damned coils in place!

• Agree
Reactions: Zaryk

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I can't see the point of that top airflow, it looks like it would just dilute the flavour unless you have it closed off, rendering it pointless. Maybe I'm missing something? It's designed by a cloud chaser so I can't imagine it being the rda for me - I like ultra restricted dtl rdas.

When that guy said he'll demonstrate how easy it is to build on I thought he must be kidding. It looks like it has the same problem as the Reload which, despite being one of my favourites, is a pain to build on. But he just goes ahead and builds it with ease, when I know that it would have taken me a good ten minutes to get the damned coils in place!
What he didn't really show is the top airflow is angled down to hit the top of the coils. I have the top airflow only open about 25-50% on mine. The flavor is actually really very good. I have some birthday cake flavored juice in mine today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my taste buds. This is definitely not for someone that likes a restricted airflow. Even with the top airflow shut off it's only slightly restricted. It really is very easy to build on. You just bend the legs slightly and slip the coils in and tighten them up. If you can't tell I really like my Chief King RDA.

Last edited:

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I thought that you said previously that angling down to hit the coils doesn't work under a vacuum and is why you hate the Dead Rabbit? Plus, the top and bottom airflow are perpendicular to each other, doesn't that mean one is just going to be wasted on the cotton?

It hard to show it but the way that it's built the top airflow hits right on the top of the coils and the bottom airflow hits underneath the coils. You don't need to worry about it because you're not going to get one anyway.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
@Don29palms - looks good brother. Have you put it on the Rage yet?
Oh yeah. It is working great. I have some rectangle wire core claptons in it. .15ohms at 80 watts is perfect. I like the shape and function of the Rage. Even though the squonk bottle works good I don't like the fact that it's proprietary. Also the Rage is HEAVY. It's a nice mod though I'll be getting a Basium soon.

Attachments

• 20180714_193159.jpg
    574.1 KB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread