Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaaxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2008
Atlanta, GA
juicyliquid.com
We now have childproof bottles available as an option for both PG and VG liquid.

We did a lot of research into suitable childproof caps for dropper bottles.

We don't like the idea of using a glass bottle with a separate childproof cap, because we feel that in practice some people will just leave the dropper in there anyway. And, what do you do with the drippy dropper after you replace the CP cap?

We did find childproof glass droppers, but a small child could easily chew through the rubber bulb.

We could not find any locking caps that would fit over droppers in our squeeze bottles. Tamper evident, yes. ChildProof, no.

So MissJaaxx came up with our solution, which is to drop our bottles into a pharmacy style pill bottle. This is exactly what the pharmacy does for prescription eyedrops, eardrops, etc which don't come in CP packaging. Convenient, leakproof and sufficient to keep small kids out (or at least slow them down enough.)

We're offering it as an option for .25 per bottle (it's a checkbox next to the nic strength dropdown.) We felt like it would be a better solution than increasing the costs for everyone. And after you have a couple at home, you won't need to use that option next time.

Jaaxx

makeorbreak

Unregistered Supplier
Jun 15, 2011
Israel
www.smokestrike.com
  • Deleted by oldsoldier

MrsJaaxx

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
Atlanta, GA
www.juicyliquid.com
We don't have child-proof glass drippers. The thing with those is they have that rubber tip that a child or pet would love to chew on anyway, and childproof isn't doing anyone any good if they bite that ribber tip off!

Instead, we put the entire bottle inside a childproof pill bottle.

Edited to add: My bad, I went back and read that we found some when researching.. Since it was a few years ago, I honestly don't remember. I'll run it by the Mr. and see if he recalls where he saw them.

Last edited:

MrsJaaxx

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
Atlanta, GA
www.juicyliquid.com
He doesn't recall what the site/shop was, but he said it was from overseas, and you had to buy a minimum order of 5000 droppers or so. I'm guessing Alibaba, but that might not be it.

Kimberly-- A lot of people feel the way you do.. We actually have quite a few customers who have arthritis in their hands and have mentioned that they love that they can opt to use non-childproof bottles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread