The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

china/hongkong travel

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by daniel_mcgirr, May 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. daniel_mcgirr

daniel_mcgirr New Member

May 16, 2019
    Hi all I'm new to the forum. I'm hoping to get a bit of advice from anyone who may have done something similar. So im heading to china over the summer where i will be volunteering for about 80 days and then traveling down from Shanghai ending up in Shenzhen (14 days) before crossing over to hong kong for the last 4 days before flying back to the Uk. Now iv never left the Uk for this duration of time before but i have traveled and I'm comfortable in taking my vape around with me through customs and what not, but i want to take enought liquid with me to last (probably around 5 x 100ml bottles at max not fully worked it out yet). iv read that theres not really any problems taking liquid to china as long as its packed correctly in hand luggage. what I'm concerned about if when i have to cross over from shenzhen to hong kong and the hong kong airport as iv heard that it illigal to possess liquid with nicotine in and vapeing in hong kong. does anyone have any insight as it would be greatly appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  2. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    Welcome to ecf.

I don't see where the ban has taken effect in Hong Kong, but I would be ready to bail your juice if it looks sketchy after getting good info while in China. Of course, don't take what you can't afford to lose and be ready for tobacco alternatives. Until someone more knowledgeable posts, good luck and let us know. Cheers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Hello @daniel_mcgirr, this interested me. So I have had a look into it, but information is sparse and sketchy at best.

What I found is:

Nicotine or Nicotine containing liquids would be classed as a part 1 poison. And therefore you would not be able to take them, otherwise you could well be fined HK$100000 and imprisoned for 2 years. But I do not know if they test for Nicotine.

Also you may possibly have to surrender your vape mods and atomisers as well at the airport at HK or whilst in HK if asked to surrender it.

You can supposedly vape in designated smoking areas only.

So this will be have to looked into further, because some of the information is so contradictory.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    I went to both HK and Shenzhen a couple of months ago. I took two mods with tanks and had no problems at all, no one even gave me a second look. Obviously don't vape anywhere that you wouldn't smoke and you're good to go.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    • Like Like x 1
  6. basilia
    This message by basilia has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, May 24, 2019, Reason: Spam.
    May 24, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.