china/hongkong travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel_mcgirr

May 16, 2019
Hi all I'm new to the forum. I'm hoping to get a bit of advice from anyone who may have done something similar. So im heading to china over the summer where i will be volunteering for about 80 days and then traveling down from Shanghai ending up in Shenzhen (14 days) before crossing over to hong kong for the last 4 days before flying back to the Uk. Now iv never left the Uk for this duration of time before but i have traveled and I'm comfortable in taking my vape around with me through customs and what not, but i want to take enought liquid with me to last (probably around 5 x 100ml bottles at max not fully worked it out yet). iv read that theres not really any problems taking liquid to china as long as its packed correctly in hand luggage. what I'm concerned about if when i have to cross over from shenzhen to hong kong and the hong kong airport as iv heard that it illigal to possess liquid with nicotine in and vapeing in hong kong. does anyone have any insight as it would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: smacuser

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Welcome to ecf.

I don't see where the ban has taken effect in Hong Kong, but I would be ready to bail your juice if it looks sketchy after getting good info while in China. Of course, don't take what you can't afford to lose and be ready for tobacco alternatives. Until someone more knowledgeable posts, good luck and let us know. Cheers.

Last edited:

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Hello @daniel_mcgirr, this interested me. So I have had a look into it, but information is sparse and sketchy at best.

What I found is:

Nicotine or Nicotine containing liquids would be classed as a part 1 poison. And therefore you would not be able to take them, otherwise you could well be fined HK$100000 and imprisoned for 2 years. But I do not know if they test for Nicotine.

Also you may possibly have to surrender your vape mods and atomisers as well at the airport at HK or whilst in HK if asked to surrender it.

You can supposedly vape in designated smoking areas only.

So this will be have to looked into further, because some of the information is so contradictory.

basilia

Moved On
    May 24, 2019
    • Deleted by classwife
    • Reason: Spam
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread