Chinese 18650 Charger? is it safe and will it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabz

Mar 21, 2014
Egypt
Heyyy Gents,

Recently got into vaping, a day ago, you can see my build and thread here.

I bought a cheap charger(for now) for my SANYO 18650 2600mAhs Battery... see the snapshots of the electrical info at the back. I'm a bit worried it messes things up. I have another 'cheap" charger on the way. This one i bought for around $7 w/ shipping.. so its must be real cheap and it feels very light.

I also have a multimeter so if you can tell me, or show me a video, on what needs to be done to test battery and charger safely and make sure everything is operating in the correct range.

2014-03-22 13.36.30.jpg 2014-03-22 13.36.19.jpg

Fired it up for 10mins, lights up fine and didn't over heat or anything.. but i'm still overly cautious. I read some of those things cant handle being overcharged, so i should make sure to remove the battery as soon as it blinks green or fully charges. I doubt there is any protection on it. I can open it up and give it a look just to see the quality of the build I'm dealing with.

Any ideas/advise would be appreciated.

cheers vapers:vapor:

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

Sabz

Mar 21, 2014
Egypt
Advice: Don't skimp money on cheap chargers. Buy recognized name-brand chargers from reputable dealers. Pila, Xtar, and Nitecore Intellicharger are the most frequently recommended brands. RTD Vapor is a popular e-cig vendor who specializes in mod batteries and chargers.

Yes i fully agree, but sometimes you have to make do with what you have access to! at this point i don't have a choice. Its not skimpy cuz it aint about money, its about availability

thanks for the links tho i ll take a look

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread