'bama
    Happy Mother's Day Everyone.gif

MothersDay.gif

celticluvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    I'm imagining you as a purple lover, Celti.
    I do like certain shades of purple like neon (love it!) and that color above but its not my favorite. Blue and green are my favorite colors. ;) :):)

I really wish I could get some of that rain everyone else is getting. My garden is thirsty and hauling twenty to twenty five gallons of water around sucks. :grr:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    Sitting down, facing forward.
    I do like certain shades of purple like neon (love it!) and that color above but its not my favorite. Blue and green are my favorite colors. ;) :):)

I really wish I could get some of that rain everyone else is getting. My garden is thirsty and hauling twenty to twenty five gallons of water around sucks. :grr:

But think of the workout you're getting without paying for a gym membership!

Tritium

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 12, 2013
    Your nearest hydrogen bomb.
    Hey happy mother's day everyone :)

Awsum! If you ever want to eat corn, do not use a small cordless drill with brakes. Instead use a professional high power drill without brakes.

And the aftermath

She earned the most stupid living life form of the galaxy award. :D :D

Last edited:

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
    Hi Volties! I hope you all are well! Cuz no one posted yesterday or today yet! :yawn:

I'm good just a little shaken up from seeing a half grown cougar in my yard last night! :shock::shock::danger:

I hope its a long way away from here now! :nun:

That's scary!

I finished my little giant project yesterday at great cost to my arms:) We also took MIL to lunch, finished installing a toilet for a neighbor.

I need three more bags of bark and a little more planting and then I will get a photo of the south side yard. It looks great and is watering beautifully.

Today we went fishing with Cash the wonder puppy. He was a very good dog.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    Good morning, Voltpeeps.

How is everyone's gardens doing?

It is a gorgeous new day. The sun is shining and there is no wind. I left the horses out in their new big pen overnight. They looked fine this morning.

I've got to start calling around to have Cash neutered. Let's see what this is going to cost! He needs his rabies shot, as well. We apparently don't have rabies in Nevada but dogs still have to get their rabies shot.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    'moanin, Volties.

It isn't too bad outside today but there is still a chance of showers. I think Mother Nature is confused and thinks this is April, not May.

Bo is still isn't eating normally. We had him back at the vet on Monday and they took xrays this time. The vet thinks there is a "mass" in his chest but sent the xrays out to have them read by a "technican" to confirm or refine the results. We're both getting worried and are very anxious to her back from the vet. He doesn't want to eat in the morning and I manage to coax some food into him a little at a time during the day. In the evening he does eat but certainly not like he normally does.

In the mean time I've been emailing the President, both of our Senators and our Congressman daily about the FDA actions. So far the only response I've gotten is a "canned", automatic, email from one Senator. Not very encouraging. There has been a lawsuit filed, seeking injunctive relief, by one of the larger eliquid manufacturers. I've read their complaint, and I'm not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV, but it sounds like a pretty good set of arguments to me. We need Alan Shore and Denny Crane.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    That is very worrisome about Bo, awsum.

We can all do our best to encourage the FDA but the people in the US seem to be determined to wring every bit of pleasure out of our society. Nobody just minds their own business. Even though smoking cannot be said to be good for you, when you think about the fact that people can smoke for decades before having health issues, I think the anti-smoking peeps are out of control.

Since vaping isn't smoking, you would think the anti-people would be happy about vaping. The feeling of superiority by people who are anti-whatever is getting overbearing. The anti - pets, anti - meat eating, anti - fat people, anti - smoking, just because you are against something doesn't make you a better person. It just makes you a nosey loudmouth!!!!

I can't believe we are legalizing some stuff [and vaping is going to be illegal!!!!!! It is a crazy world.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 24, 2013
    Tomah Wisconsin
    It is all about BT refusing to go through the expense of retooling for nic extraction. Because that is what will happen down the road. That, as well as settlement money going to the states. People are afraid of change, especially revolutionary change which improves people's lives.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 23, 2013
    US
    Hi Volties! I hope you all are well! Cuz no one posted yesterday or today yet! :yawn:

I'm good just a little shaken up from seeing a half grown cougar in my yard last night! :shock::shock::danger:

I hope its a long way away from here now! :nun:
    Wow! I bet you were pretty shaken up. Even though Cougars are gorgeous creatures they can be dangerous. They have a tendency to go after pets.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 23, 2013
    US
    'moanin, Volties.

It isn't too bad outside today but there is still a chance of showers. I think Mother Nature is confused and thinks this is April, not May.

Bo is still isn't eating normally. We had him back at the vet on Monday and they took xrays this time. The vet thinks there is a "mass" in his chest but sent the xrays out to have them read by a "technican" to confirm or refine the results. We're both getting worried and are very anxious to her back from the vet. He doesn't want to eat in the morning and I manage to coax some food into him a little at a time during the day. In the evening he does eat but certainly not like he normally does.

In the mean time I've been emailing the President, both of our Senators and our Congressman daily about the FDA actions. So far the only response I've gotten is a "canned", automatic, email from one Senator. Not very encouraging. There has been a lawsuit filed, seeking injunctive relief, by one of the larger eliquid manufacturers. I've read their complaint, and I'm not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV, but it sounds like a pretty good set of arguments to me. We need Alan Shore and Denny Crane.

It is beautiful here today! The sky is actually blue!
    I am praying for your Bo. It just broke my heart to read about his possible mass. Your Bo always makes me think of my Ram. I am praying that he will be ok.
    My pup killed my lil duck Petrie this past weekend. It was really upsetting. I had come very close to Petrie. He thought I was his Momma so I could not help getting so close to him. It really sucked.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    Sorry to hear about Petrie, Ducky. It's really hard not to get close to animals, especially if we have a big heart even if it may be normally hidden. I know it's not much consolation, but your pup was just doing what doggies do. The only reason Bo never did anything like that is we don't have ducks and always have him on a leash.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 23, 2013
    US
    Sorry to hear about Petrie, Ducky. It's really hard not to get close to animals, especially if we have a big heart even if it may be normally hidden. I know it's not much consolation, but your pup was just doing what doggies do. The only reason Bo never did anything like that is we don't have ducks and always have him on a leash.
    Mya is only 4 months old, and she is a siberian husky. Huskies have such a high prey drive. When Zeus was little he killed one of my baby ducks too, and he chased my chickens. I was finally able to break him of chasing my birdies, but it took work to do it. I recently got Mya to stop chasing my chickens and ducks, but I never left her alone with them. My Husband let my chickens and ducks out (I have a schedule I let them out at every morning.) and I did not know he let them out while him and his Mom were working on the new coup. They got distracted and the huskies snuck off, and Mya killed my Petrie. I stuck my head out the window to let them know I was almost done with my laundry and I would be out there in 15 to 20 minutes, and I noticed Mya was not with them....so I instantly ran out to check on my birds. When I found Petrie he was still warm...I probably missed it by 2 minutes if that. It was just heartbreaking. I was so mad, but I forgave her :) It was not all her fault. My chickens and ducks should not have been let out until I came out. Ducks are so hard to keep alive. Their necks are so soft, and very easily broken. I was so upset, because Petrie would always run to me when he got scared....and I started thinking that he was probably so scared and wondered why I was not there. I did not even get to see him that day. It was just a sad situation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread