The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

CHIT CHAT in VOLTVILLE

Discussion in 'Smokeless Image' started by Imagine, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SandySu

SandySu Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Trumansburg, NY
    Time to say good night. I think I showed you enough pictures already, so instead, here's one of the songs the wind chimes play to me.

2. rave

rave * Resident Wood Nymph * Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 20, 2009
    Raven's Haven, Indiana
    Gorgeous photos (as always), Sandy

The song sure brings back memories. Thanks!

3. Uncle

Uncle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

AGREED ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ AND - IMO - "You" absolutely did not get paid enough for that photo, especially for being used in a magazine . . .Just Sayin' . . . ;)

NOW - IMO - That might just make a really interesting B&W Drawing for someone "We" All Know . . . Could even use "Artistic License" to add some additional highlights of color in interesting places too . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

SEE:
    [​IMG]

^ ^ ^ ^ B&W . . . . . . Original ^ ^ ^ ^

4. Renolizzie

Renolizzie Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Yep, that might be a great charcoal drawing. Nice day. Resting up. Got my training surcingle ordered for Nevada. We got our first batch of seeds in the mail. Hubby is making pizza for dinner.

5. SandySu

Jun 24, 2011
    Trumansburg, NY
    Lizzie, how is Nevada's runny nose? Did it go away?

6. Renolizzie

Seems better:)

7. SandySu

Jun 24, 2011
    Trumansburg, NY
    Tutoring again today.

First, the little girl. She read part of a Little Golden Book, Scuffy the Tugboat, and I read some when she got tired. We went over her vocab words.

Then the boy. We read a little from a book he's reading, and then I read to him about prosthetic devices -- an artificial leg that moves when you think about it, just like real legs do, and the artificial hands that are made from a 3-D printer. The boy had a lot of questions about if you could survive if your leg was cut off -- yes. If your hand was cut off? Yes. If your head was cut off? No. Could you make an artificial heart? No. Why not? It's very complicated to get everything to work like a real heart. I reminded him that artificial hands and legs don't work as well as real ones, but they're better than nothing. Then he thought he'd like to make another head for himself and attach it to his shoulders. I said maybe he could blow up a balloon and draw a face on it and pin it to his shoulder. This all came about when thinking about the conjoined twins who share too many vital organs to be able to separate them, remember. The boy wanted to build a robot that worked just like a human. I said if he grows up to be a scientist, someday maybe he could do that. He also wanted to get a 3-D printer so he could print all the Legos he wants.

Then I had a discussion with him about how we could make the lessons more fun. I realize the kids work hard and struggle with words, and I hoped we could think up something that'd make it easier. He suggested lessons entirely of Mad Libs. Whew! I wonder how quickly they (and I) would tire of that. I said maybe some word searches. They were fun when all 3 of us worked on them together.

I also explained that I'll celebrate their birthdays together, next Wednesday. I told them I got them some presents they can open and wanted to get them cupcakes with a candle on it that they could make a wish and blow out. The girl wanted carrot cake, and the boy chocolate with chocolate icing.

After the lessons, I went grocery shopping at Wegmans, and I looked in their pastry department. They had lovely little carrot cakes the size of a cupcake but square. But I didn't see plain old chocolate cake with chocolate icing for the boy. I thought that would be the easy one. I wonder -- I think I should -- reserve them so I'm sure to get what I want right before I go pick the kids up. With my luck, they'll have carrot cake today but not next Wednesday. And I bet they'd make a comparable one with chocolate. I also have to buy birthday candles. And I thought of a lesson entirely of Mad Libs, just for their birthdays. I better find more Mad Libs and print them out! We're using up the huge stack I started with.

8. SandySu

Jun 24, 2011
    Trumansburg, NY
    Tonight's photo is one a lot of people really like, so, though it's not a winter scene, here it is.

[​IMG]

Good night, Voltville!

9. CatLady007

CatLady007 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 19, 2011
    FL Panhandle
    Sandy, in the gap, in the water, below the rim, it looks like a picture of a man wearing a dark cowboy hat and a button-down shirt, open at the collar. Sorry for the horrible grammar, but it is the only way I know to describe what I'm seeing. Does anyone else see this?

10. SandySu

Jun 24, 2011
    Trumansburg, NY
    Wow! Yes, I see it! I never would have noticed that if you didn't point it out.

I tried to crop it and bring it out. I'm not sure how successful I was. When it's larger in the cropped form, the image doesn't show up. But here goes …

[​IMG]

11. Uncle

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Renolizzie

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't see it, Uncle:)

Super Bowl Sunday...I'll be watching it with Hubby although I have plans to bake some bread rather than be trapped on the couch for hours. Maybe I'll work on our taxes.

13. tmcase

tmcase ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    I do. How did you do that? :p

14. Uncle

Actully I found a piece of clip art similar to the Cowboy "You" can see and super imposed it in the Original Photo so people can see it more readily . . . Here Ya' Go:

[​IMG]

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Clip Art Imposed - Original Photo ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

15. tmcase

Apr 20, 2011
    You have an awful good eye for detail. I hope you don't critique my snowy river drawing. :lol: There is a certain "appendage" that I'm leaving out because I'm sure you will notice it. :p

I also changed the sticks in the foreground to a water soaked branch. I have the elements sketched in but am having trouble getting motivated to start with the detail. :unsure:

16. Renolizzie

Nice idea with the stick in the foreground , Terry.

17. tmcase

Apr 20, 2011
    Thanks. It was a lot easier to draw than all those sticks. :?:

18. SandySu

Jun 24, 2011
    Trumansburg, NY
  19. CatLady007

CatLady007 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 19, 2011
    FL Panhandle
    Not so much--it pretty much announced itself to me; just kept catching my eye until I figured out what I was seeing.

20. Liscab

Liscab Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2009
    Miami fl.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.