The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

CHIT CHAT in VOLTVILLE

Discussion in 'Smokeless Image' started by Imagine, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. tmcase

tmcase ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Hey Lis. How have you been?

2. Liscab

Liscab Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2009
    Miami fl.
    been good, making some drastic changes in my life but i am getting use to them

3. SandySu

SandySu Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Trumansburg, NY
    Hi, Lis. I was just thinking about you and wondering why we haven't seen you here recently.

4. Liscab

Mar 15, 2009
    Miami fl.
    i am avoiding ECF, I am living a new life, I am checking some of the threads but I am hardly posting

5. tmcase

Apr 20, 2011
    Care to elaborate about this new life?

6. 3mg Meniere

3mg Meniere Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2013
    Tomah Wisconsin
    He has either found a woman, or figured out that his desperate search was chasing off some good possibilities.

7. Renolizzie

Renolizzie Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Hi Lis - how's the new digs working out for ya? Didn't you say you moved?

8. SandySu

Jun 24, 2011
    Trumansburg, NY
    Time to say good night. It's February, and time to get bored with winter, so here's a springtime photo.

[​IMG]

9. tmcase

Apr 20, 2011
    That's really beautiful and I'm ready for blossoming trees. :)

10. Liscab

Mar 15, 2009
    Miami fl.
    yes I did :D

11. Liscab

Mar 15, 2009
    Miami fl.
    a hell but full of happiness :D

12. Renolizzie

You are so full of contradictions, Lis.

Good morning peeps. I just emailed a person with livestock guardian dogs. They are St Bernard and Great Pyranees crosses. They will be well over 100 pounds when they grow up. Might be almost too big:)

13. Renolizzie

Uh oh - now I found two - 2 year old - Catahoula Leapard dogs. Hubby would love them and they need to be rehomed due to the owner passing away. They also have a goat. Need to call later today to find out more.

14. SandySu

Jun 24, 2011
    Trumansburg, NY
    Does this mean you are thinking of getting one? Is there something threatening your animals? I guess if there's some large animal threatening the livestock, it's better to have a large dog than a smaller one. One thing I don't like about those dogs, though, is the drool. Why do they drool so much? Is it how their jaw is constructed?

15. Renolizzie

I didn't think of the drool factor. St Bernards are definitely droolers.

Rusty has arthritis so he is in the house every night. I prefer to have a deterrent for the coyotes and the two legged critters around here:) I have thought about getting another outside dog.

16. Liscab

Mar 15, 2009
    Miami fl.
    the story of my life :( :)

17. SandySu

Jun 24, 2011
    Trumansburg, NY
    One thing to consider is what I read about their temperament here: Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dog Information and Pictures The picture looks like an Australian shepherd with shorter hair. I knew an Australian shepherd well, and she was of that temperament. You had to watch that she didn't bite visitors. She was a wonderful, affectionate dog with the family and friends, and she lived with a fairly large group of dogs and was the pack leader.

18. Renolizzie

The pictures how two dogs that are living with lots of other critters so I would just have to meet them and see how I feel about the dogs. I have no problem being the pack leader but I also have Hubby to think about.

19. SandySu

Jun 24, 2011
    Trumansburg, NY
    If the Australian shepherd is anything to go by, she accepted other members of the family; it was just strangers she attacked. You might want this, since you are worried about people trespassing, but you'd have to be careful with guests, especially if there were children. Package delivery could be a problem, too. Delivery men are fair game to these dogs.

20. Renolizzie

Our Aussie sheperd, Rusty, is very sweet but we still have problems with package deliveries:) People think Rusty is very scary looking. They won't come in the gate. I don't mind. The delivery people probably wouldn't come in the gate anyway. They are trained to throw and go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.